- Jun 09
For choreographers: open call Aerowaves Twenty17 artists
Aerowaves is a hub for dance discovery in Europe. Each year the Aerowaves network selects 20 of the most promising emerging choreographers, promotes their work, and creates performance opportunities with Aerowaves' Partners.
Apply to Aerowaves and get a chance to have your work programmed by the partners of the network, whether or not you are selected as Aerowaves artists. Around 100 performance opportunities are guaranteed by the partners and supported by
Aerowaves each year. Applications open at 9 am on 1 June 2016 and close at midnight on 12 September 2016.
Should you be selected as one of the Aerowaves Twenty, your work will be promoted by Aerowaves via its website for one year by an artist profile, with images, video and calendar all in one place.
You may be selected to perform your work at their Spring Forward Festival. Aerowaves guarantees to programme at least 10 of the current Aerowaves Twenty artists in the festival each year.
• You must be resident in Europe to apply
• You may apply with only one work per year
• The work you are submitting must have been made in geographical Europe
• Your work must be 15-40 minutes in length
• Your work should be easily included in a double or triple bill and have simple technical requirements
• Work by postgraduate students is eligible, but not work by
• You must fill in the Aerowaves application form correctly, upload your video to Vimeo, providing us with the link and the password if necessary and send us the original video file by We Transfer
• Previous Aerowaves applicants, successful or unsuccessful, may apply again - but you cannot apply with the same work twice
Should artists be programmed by Aerowaves partners, they will be paid an agreed fee plus travel, accommodation, and per diem.
You can apply here.
May 12Fernando Belfiore (dance) and Emma Rekers (music).
April 20Fernando Belfiore, Efe Erdem, Emma Rekers and Maarten Meddens are the nine nominees that have been preselected for the cultural programme before the Olympic Games of 2016 in Brazil.
March 31Classical:NEXT and Operadagen Rotterdam will both take place at the end of May. Dutch Performing Arts works closely together with these organisations to introduce and present (new) Dutch work, musicians and companies to international presenters from 22 - 28 May 2016.
October 13here with their latest productions. Deadline to apply is 11 November 2015.
September 07Erik Kaiel/Arch8 is one of the 17 selected companies to give a showcase at IPAY 2016.