- 02 Jul. → 10 Jul. '19Amsterdam, the Netherlands
Amsterdam Roots Festival 2019 visitors' programmePart of a first-time collaboration with Dutch Performing Arts, Amsterdam Roots Festival organises an international visitors' programme. The festival takes place from 2-10 July 2019 in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.The international, multidisciplinairy festival presents an array of artists who are inspired by their roots and cultural background. Through the visitors' programme, international presenters and other professionals in the performing arts will be introduced to a huge variety of Dutch performers. The international visitors' programme runs from 5-7 July 2019 in Amsterdam.
International visitors' will see a great selection of Dutch/ Netherlands-based performers and producers, including performances by:
Heiko Dijker & Sabir Khan
Amsterdam Andalusian Orchestra
Dr. Jordan Institute: a new project from Mark Tuinstra en Stefan Kruger (Zuco 103)
The programme also includes a concert at the Bimhuis, network meeting and more. The full festival programme is soon to be announced on the Amsterdam Roots Festival website.
About Amsterdam Roots Festival
Amsterdam Roots Festival presents a variety of music styles from all over the world. Through this fascinating pallet of diversity, it creates an image of our global society, both in the Netherlands and abroad. The festival presents artistic talent emerging from the exciting middle ground between tradition and innovation. Its multidisciplinary programme features music, film, storytelling, urban dance, talks and circus acts. This year the festival will focus on the theme of belonging and feeling at home, and explore its artistic and social impact.
The international visitors' programme is organised by Amsterdam Roots festival in collaboration with Dutch Performing Arts. The programme is made possible by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Netherlands.
- 23 Sep. → 9 Jun. '19Novara, ItalyIn collaboration with Dutch Performing Arts, jazz festival NovaraJazz presents a Dutch focus programme in June 2019.
- 7 Feb. → 20 Jun. '19various cities, the NetherlandsIn collaboration with Dutch Performing Arts, festival Moving Futures organises an international visitors' programme. The festival takes places from February-June 2019 in various cities in the Netherlands.
- 25 Apr. → 28 Apr. '19Bremen, GermanyDutch Performing Arts presents the Dutch jazz scene at jazzahead! in collaboration with inJazz/Buma Cultuur. The international trade fair and festival takes place from 25-28 April 2019 in Bremen, Germany.
- 2 May. → 10 May. '19Talinn, EstoniaDutch Performing Arts and Nieuw Geneco jointly promote the six Dutch composers whose work will be performed at ISCM World Music Days 2019. This year's edition takes place from 2-10 May 2019 in Talinn, Estonia.
- 4 May. → 12 May. '19New York, United StatesDutch music theatre company Oorkaan will perform their award-winning toddler production Glimpse at BAM, the Brooklyn Academy of Music in New York.
- 15 May. → 18 May. '19Rotterdam, the NetherlandsDutch Performing Arts and De Doelen are promoting the classical and contemporary music scene at the Dutch Pavilion during Classical:NEXT 2019. The global meeting for art music innovators takes place from 15-18 May 2019 in Rotterdam, the Netherlands.
- 17 May. → 26 May. '19Rotterdam, the NetherlandsOperadagen Rotterdam organises a professionals' programme, supported by Dutch Performing Arts.
- 18 May. → 19 May. '19London, United KingdomDutch Performing Arts is excited to announce a brand-new collaboration with the Barbican and their festival Sound Unboud. The festival presents the widest and freshest selection of classical music for a new audience. Sound Unbound's third edition takes place on 18 & 19 May 2019 at various venues in London.
- 29 May. → 2 Jun. '19Oranjewoud, the NetherlandsDutch Performing Arts is excited to collaborate with Oranjewoud Festival for the organisation of a visitors' programme. The festival runs from 29 May-2 June 2019 in Oranjewoud, the Netherlands.
- 5 Jun. → 11 Jun. '19Breda, the NetherlandsIn collaboration with Dutch Performing Arts, BRIK festival (previously named Stiltefestival) organises an international visitors' programme. The festival takes places from 5-11 June 2019 in Breda, the Netherlands. Performing arts professionals are invited to apply for the visitors' programme.
- 27 Jun. → 28 Jun. '19Rotterdam, the NetherlandsIn collaboration with Dutch Performing Arts, conference and festival inJazz organises an international visitors' programme to introduce (new) Dutch work, musicians and bands to international presenters. The event and visitors' programme take place on 27 & 28 June 2019 in Rotterdam, the Netherlands.