- 05 Jul. → 07 Jul. '19Amsterdam, the Netherlands
Amsterdam Roots Festival 2019 visitors' programmePart of a first-time collaboration with Dutch Performing Arts, Amsterdam Roots Festival organises an international visitors' programme. The festival takes place from 2-10 July 2019 in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.The international, multidisciplinairy festival presents an array of artists who are inspired by their roots and cultural background. Through the visitors' programme, international presenters and other professionals in the performing arts will be introduced to a huge variety of Dutch performers. The international visitors' programme runs from 5-7 July 2019 in Amsterdam.
International visitors' will see a great selection of Dutch/ Netherlands-based performers and producers, including performances by:
Heiko Dijker & Sabir Khan
Amsterdam Andalusian Orchestra
Dr. Jordan Institute: a new project from Mark Tuinstra en Stefan Kruger (Zuco 103)
The programme also includes a concert at the Bimhuis, network meeting and more. The full festival programme is soon to be announced on the Amsterdam Roots Festival website.
About Amsterdam Roots Festival
Amsterdam Roots Festival presents a variety of music styles from all over the world. Through this fascinating pallet of diversity, it creates an image of our global society, both in the Netherlands and abroad. The festival presents artistic talent emerging from the exciting middle ground between tradition and innovation. Its multidisciplinary programme features music, film, storytelling, urban dance, talks and circus acts. This year the festival will focus on the theme of belonging and feeling at home, and explore its artistic and social impact.
The international visitors' programme is organised by Amsterdam Roots festival in collaboration with Dutch Performing Arts. The programme is made possible by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Netherlands.
- 20 Jun. → 23 Jun. '19Terschelling, the NetherlandsIn collaboration with Dutch Performing Arts, landscape arts festival Oerol organises an international visitors' programme. The international visitors' programme runs from 20-23 June 2019 on the island of Terschelling, the Netherlands.
- 27 Jun. → 28 Jun. '19Rotterdam, the NetherlandsIn collaboration with Dutch Performing Arts, conference and festival inJazz organises an international visitors' programme to introduce (new) Dutch work, musicians and bands to international presenters. The event and visitors' programme take place on 27 & 28 June 2019 in Rotterdam, the Netherlands.
- 4 Jul. → 7 Jul. '19Amsterdam, the NetherlandsFor the third year in a row, Dutch Performing Arts partners up with dance festival Julidans. The festival organises an international visitors' programme to present a wide range of Dutch productions and premieres to international presenters.
- 12 Jul. → 21 Jul. '19Cividale del Friuli, ItalyIn collaboration with Dutch Performing Arts, Italian performing arts festival Mittelfest spotlights the work of three Dutch artists and music groups. The festival takes place from 12-21 July 2019 in Cividale del Friuli, Italy.
- 22 Jul. → 5 Aug. '19Venice, ItalyDutch Performing Arts proudly powers three Netherlands-based theatre companies and artists who are part of the International Theatre Festival at the Venice Biennale 2019. Theater Artemis, Club Gewalt and Julian Hetzel are part of a Dutch focus programme, with multiple performances in July and August 2019.
- 7 Aug. → 10 Aug. '19's-Hertogenbosch, the NetherlandsIn collaboration with Dutch Performing Arts and Flanders Arts Institute, Theaterfestival Boulevard invites theatre professionals to its international visitors' programme. The international visitors' programme takes place from 7-10 August 2019 in ‘s-Hertogenbosch, the Netherlands.
- 30 Aug. → 31 Aug. '19Reitdiepdal Groningen, the NetherlandsDutch Performing Arts and ZomerJazzFietsTour continue their close collaboration to present Dutch work, musicians and bands to international music presenters. The international visitors' programme takes place on 30 & 31 August 2019 in Reitdiepdal Groningen, the Netherlands,
- 6 Sep. → 8 Sep. '19Utrecht, the NetherlandsIn collaboration wih Dutch Performing Arts, Gaudeamus Muziekweek 2019 organises an international visitors' programme for music presenters. The visitors' programme takes place from 6-8 September 2019 in Utrecht, the Netherlands.
- 20 Sep. → 29 Sep. '19Moscow, RussiaDutch theatre for young audiences returns once more at international festival Gavroche, with the support of Dutch Performing Arts. After having programmed a number of Dutch productions in 2013, the festival will present another eight Dutch youth theatre productions during its 13th edition.
- 25 Sep. → 28 Sep. '19Part of a brand-new collaboration with music venue Bimhuis, this year's location for festival 12 Points, the 13th festival edition features a fringe programme with Netherlands-based artists. Dutch Performing Arts powers the fringe programme as well an international visitors' programme that takes place during the festival.