- 05 Jun. → 09 Jun. '19Breda, the Netherlands
BRIK festival 2019 visitors' programmeIn collaboration with Dutch Performing Arts, BRIK festival (previously named Internationaal Stiltefestival) organises an international visitors' programme. The festival takes places from 5-11 June 2019 in Breda, the Netherlands. Performing arts professionals are invited to apply for the visitors' programme.Through the visitors' programme agents, curators, programmers and other professionals in the performing arts will be introduced to a huge variety of Dutch performing arts for young audiences. The international visitors' programme runs from 5-9 June 2019.
Want to know which international organisations will be attending? Check out the PDF at the bottom of this page.
International visitors will see a host of performances and installations by Dutch companies, including:
de Stilte - 'De Ontspoking' 4+ Dutch premiere
VolDaan - 'Diep' 5+
Superhallo - 'DJ Frietmachine' all ages
de Stilte - 'Do-Re-Mi-Ka-Do' - 2+ Dutch premiere
Theatergroep Kwatta - 'Jabber' 6+
Simone de Jong - 'Kluizelaar' 2+
de Stilte - 'Mankind' 6+ Dutch premiere
Check out BRIK's programme overview.
The visitors' programme includes:
tickets to all shows;
a personal guide during the festival
dinners with fellow performing arts professionals;
a reception with Dutch companies;
visits to Theater Artemis in ’s-Hertogenbosch and Schippers&VanGucht in Breda;
a series of blind dates to get to know professionals who are initially outside your network.
About BRIK festival
BRIK festival is a bi-annual performing arts festival for young audiences, held in Breda, the Netherlands. It's the only festival in Europe that focuses on ambiguous, non-verbal shows for children aged 0 to 12. BRIK festival presents imaginative performances from all over the world. This year BRIK festival presents 26 performances for young audiences. For more info, visit the BRIK website.
The international visitors' programme is organised by BRIK festival in collaboration with Dutch Performing Arts. The programme is made possible by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Netherlands.
- 30 Aug. → 31 Aug. '19Reitdiepdal Groningen, the NetherlandsDutch Performing Arts and ZomerJazzFietsTour continue their close partnership to present Dutch work, musicians and bands to international music presenters. The international visitors' programme takes place on 30 & 31 August 2019 in Reitdiepdal Groningen, the Netherlands,
- 6 Sep. → 8 Sep. '19Utrecht, the NetherlandsIn collaboration wih Dutch Performing Arts, Gaudeamus Muziekweek 2019 organises an international visitors' programme for music presenters. The visitors' programme takes place from 6-8 September 2019 in Utrecht, the Netherlands.
- 18 Sep. → 28 Sep. '19Essen, GermanyYouth theatre company Theater Artemis will give 12 performances of their new production '(…..) - This piece doesn’t give a shit that its title is vague' at arts festival Ruhrtriennale. The company will perform from 18-28 September 2019 in Essen, Germany.
- 20 Sep. → 29 Sep. '19Moscow, RussiaDutch theatre for young audiences returns once more at international festival Gavroche with the support of Dutch Performing Arts. After having programmed a number of Dutch productions in 2013, the festival will present another 11 Dutch youth theatre productions during its 13th edition.
- 25 Sep. → 28 Sep. '19Amsterdam, the NetherlandsFestival 12 Point is coming to Amsterdam. The showcase event for emerging and innovative jazz musicians from Europe takes place from 25-28 September 2019 at the BIMHUIS in Amsterdam. Part of a collaboration between Dutch Performing Arts, 12 Points and the BIMHUIS, the 13th edition features a satellite programme (titled 'Orange Line') with Netherlands-based artists and an international visitors' programme.
- 31 Oct. → 2 Nov. '19Washington, the United StatesYouth theatre company Woest gives five performances of their show 'Balancing Bodies' at the Kennedy Center in Washington.
- 2 Nov. → 3 Nov. '19Washington, the United StatesYouth theatre company BonteHond gives four performances of their show 'Get 'M' at the Kennedy Center in Washington.
- 9 Nov. → 10 Nov. '19Washington, the United StatesYouth theatre company Maas Theater en Dans gives five performances of their show 'EGG-tion HERO' at the Kennedy Center in Washington.
- 11 Jan. → 12 Jan. '20Washington, the United StatesMusic theatre company Oorkaan gives five performances of their show 'Glimpse' at the Kennedy Center in Washington.
- 24 Apr. → 26 Apr. '20Washington, the United StatesYouth dance company De Dansers gives five performances of their show 'Pokon' at the Kennedy Center in Washington.