- 05 Jun. → 11 Jun. '19Breda, the Netherlands
BRIK festival 2019 visitors' programmeIn collaboration with Dutch Performing Arts, BRIK festival (previously named Stiltefestival) organises an international visitors' programme. The festival takes places from 5-11 June 2019 in Breda, the Netherlands. Performing arts professionals are invited to apply for the visitors' programme.Through the visitors' programme agents, curators, programmers and other professionals in the performing arts will be introduced to a huge variety of Dutch performing arts for young audiences. The international visitors' programme runs from 5-9 June 2019.
International visitors will see a host of performances and installations by Dutch companies, including:
de Stilte - 'De Ontspoking' 4+ Dutch premiere
VolDaan - 'Diep' 5+
Superhallo - 'DJ Frietmachine' all ages
de Stilte - 'Do-Re-Mi-Ka-Do' - 2+ Dutch premiere
Theatergroep Kwatta - 'Jabber' 6+
Simone de Jong - 'Kluizelaar' 2+
de Stilte - 'Mankind' 6+ Dutch premiere
Check out BRIK's programme overview.
tickets to all shows;
a personal guide during the festival
dinners with fellow performing arts professionals;
a reception with Dutch companies;
visits to Theater Artemis in ’s-Hertogenbosch and Schippers&VanGucht in Breda;
a series of blind dates to get to know professionals who are initially outside your network.
BRIK festival can offer these facilities to 20 delegates. The festival invites one person per organisation. The selection will be announced on 10 May 2019.
How to apply
You can apply by filling out the application form.
About BRIK festival
BRIK festival is a bi-annual performing arts festival for young audiences, held in Breda, the Netherlands. It's the only festival in Europe that focuses on ambiguous, non-verbal shows for children aged 0 to 12. BRIK festival presents imaginative performances from all over the world. This year BRIK festival presents 26 performances for young audiences. For more info, visit the BRIK website.
The international visitors' programme is organised by BRIK festival in collaboration with Dutch Performing Arts. The programme is made possible by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Netherlands.
- 23 Sep. → 9 Jun. '19Novara, ItalyIn collaboration with Dutch Performing Arts, jazz festival NovaraJazz presents a Dutch focus programme in June 2019.
- 7 Feb. → 20 Jun. '19various cities, the NetherlandsIn collaboration with Dutch Performing Arts, festival Moving Futures organises an international visitors' programme. The festival takes places from February-June 2019 in various cities in the Netherlands.
- 25 Apr. → 28 Apr. '19Bremen, GermanyDutch Performing Arts presents the Dutch jazz scene at jazzahead! in collaboration with inJazz/Buma Cultuur. The international trade fair and festival takes place from 25-28 April 2019 in Bremen, Germany.
- 2 May. → 10 May. '19Talinn, EstoniaDutch Performing Arts and Nieuw Geneco jointly promote the six Dutch composers whose work will be performed at ISCM World Music Days 2019. This year's edition takes place from 2-10 May 2019 in Talinn, Estonia.
- 4 May. → 12 May. '19New York, United StatesDutch music theatre company Oorkaan will perform their award-winning toddler production Glimpse at BAM, the Brooklyn Academy of Music in New York.
- 15 May. → 18 May. '19Rotterdam, the NetherlandsDutch Performing Arts and De Doelen are promoting the classical and contemporary music scene at the Dutch Pavilion during Classical:NEXT 2019. The global meeting for art music innovators takes place from 15-18 May 2019 in Rotterdam, the Netherlands.
- 17 May. → 26 May. '19Rotterdam, the NetherlandsOperadagen Rotterdam organises a professionals' programme, supported by Dutch Performing Arts.
- 18 May. → 19 May. '19London, United KingdomDutch Performing Arts is excited to announce a brand-new collaboration with the Barbican and their festival Sound Unboud. The festival presents the widest and freshest selection of classical music for a new audience. Sound Unbound's third edition takes place on 18 & 19 May 2019 at various venues in London.
- 29 May. → 2 Jun. '19Oranjewoud, the NetherlandsDutch Performing Arts is excited to collaborate with Oranjewoud Festival for the organisation of a visitors' programme. The festival runs from 29 May-2 June 2019 in Oranjewoud, the Netherlands.
- 27 Jun. → 28 Jun. '19Rotterdam, the NetherlandsIn collaboration with Dutch Performing Arts, conference and festival inJazz organises an international visitors' programme to introduce (new) Dutch work, musicians and bands to international presenters. The event and visitors' programme take place on 27 & 28 June 2019 in Rotterdam, the Netherlands.
- 2 Jul. → 10 Jul. '19Amsterdam, the NetherlandsPart of a first-time collaboration with Dutch Performing Arts, Amsterdam Roots Festival organises an international visitors' programme. The festival takes place from 2-10 July 2019 in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.