- 25 May. → 28 May. '16Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Classical:NEXT 2016Classical:NEXT is the international conference for professionals from all branches of the genre. The conference is held at and co-produced by de Doelen.Since the first edition in May 2012, around 2,000 music professionals representing 1,000 companies from more than 40 countries have engaged with Classical:NEXT and made it into the world’s most important classical music meeting, featuring a conference, an expo as well as showcases and screenings.
Classical:NEXT 2016 is running concurrent to Operadagen Rotterdam and the Music Theatre Now competition and, as a result, the conference will have a music theatre focus. Dutch Performing Arts works closely together with these organisations to introduce and present (new) Dutch work, musicians and companies to international presenters from 22 - 28 May 2016.
De Doelen hosts the official opening of Classical:NEXT on behalf and with the support of Dutch Performing Arts. The opening programme highlights the range and scope of exciting and boundary-breaking music that can be found in the Netherlands. The show will include live performances by six Dutch artists: 9 X 13, Aart Strootman, Ensemble Klang, LUDWIG, Ralph van Raat and Slagwerk Den Haag.
Besides the opening, Dutch Performing Arts, together with de Doelen and Operadagen Rotterdam, will present Dutch concerts at 26 and 27 May: a daytime local stage that presents the state of the art of classical and contemporary music as well as music theatre from the Netherlands.
Thursday 26 May | 12.00 - 14.00 | Rotterdamse Schouwburg (free entrance)
-Rosa Ensemble | Akasha
-Christiaan Kuyvenhoven | Cosima
-CLUB GEWALT | WH0DUN!T$
-Nieuw Amsterdams Peil - Gerrie de Vries | Uwe Leipe Mastdramnis
-Claron McFadden - Letizia Renzini | Il Ballo delle Ingrate
Friday 27 May | 12.00 - 14.00 | de Doelen (free entrance)
-Oerknal! | New Music Collective
-Amatis Piano Trio
- 25 Sep. → 13 Oct. '18Marseille, FranceIn collaboration with Dutch Performing Arts, the 18th edition of interdisciplinary festival Actoral will spotlight the work of 6 Dutch makers and companies in a special programme titled Temps fort Pays-Bas.
- 5 Oct. → 7 Oct. '18De Krakeling, Amsterdam, the NetherlandsDe Krakeling, the most famous theatre in the Netherlands that is fully dedicated to young audiences, is celebrating its 40th anniversary this autumn!
- 10 Oct. → 14 Oct. '18Maastricht, the NetherlandsNederlandse Dansdagen (Dutch Dance Festival) celebrates, stimulates and boosts current developments in Dutch dance and opens up these developments to a broad audience. From 10-14 October, the festival's 21st edition presents remarkable performances from up-and-coming choreographers as well as from established dance companies in the city of Maastricht. From classical ballet to urban dance, from avant-garde to modern dance.
- 24 Oct. → 28 Oct. '18Las Palmas, Gran Canaria, SpainTogether with open source network World Music Forum NL, Dutch Performing Arts is representing Dutch artists and music professionals at WOMEX.
- 26 Oct. → 28 Oct. '18Rotterdam, the NetherlandsAccording to many music lovers, Festival Jazz International Rotterdam is the place to discover new sounds, to meet fellow music lovers and professionals and to enjoy the best music. Small-scale in scheme, up close and personal with the musicians, and with sublime international programming and the hottest bands of the moment. In collaboration with Dutch Performing Arts, the festival organises a visitors' programme for international professionals and sessions for Dutch professionals about the UK and Irish jazz scenes.
- 2 Nov. → 11 Nov. '18's-Hertogenbosch, the NetherlandsNovember Music is an international music festival based in 's-Hertogenbosch, the Netherlands. Visitors of November Music 2018 can fully enjoy today's eclectic musical landscape. The festival showcases the prominent composers of our time. Not to mention top-notch ensembles, jazz & world pioneers, sound installations, and interdisciplinary productions. November Music takes place from 2-11 November.