- 15 May. → 18 May. '19Rotterdam, the Netherlands
Classical:NEXT 2019Dutch Performing Arts and De Doelen facilitate the classical and contemporary music scene at the Dutch Pavilion during Classical:NEXT 2019. The global meeting for art music innovators takes place from 15-18 May 2019 in Rotterdam, the Netherlands.The Dutch Pavilion is filled with representatives of ensembles, composers, publishers and festivals, as well as supporting and funding organisations. These organisations represent the whole spectrum of the classical and contemporary music sector. You are welcome to visit the delegates at the pavilion in concert and conference venue De Doelen.
On 16 and 17 May 2019 visitors can participate in several network activities, including matchmaking, speed dates, meet & greets and international matchings. There will also be networking receptions.
For the full conference and showcase programme, visit the Classical:NEXT website.
Arthur Wagenaar - 'CLOSE CALL'Making music with your smartphone? Of course you can! But are you controlling it or is it the other way around? Composer Arthur Wagenaar's piece 'CLOSE CALL' challenges you to investigate this further. You can catch his work at Classical:NEXT in Rotterdam.
This video is part of a collaboration with Nieuw Geneco, to put the spotlight on Dutch composers who are part of international music events.About Classical:NEXT
Classical:NEXT is the international conference for professionals from all branches of the classical and contemporary music sector. The conference is held at and co-produced by De Doelen. Since the first edition in May 2012, around 2,000 music professionals representing 1,000 companies from over than 40 countries have engaged with Classical:NEXT and made it into the world’s most important classical music meeting, featuring a conference and exhibition, as well as showcases and screenings.
- 20 Jun. → 23 Jun. '19Terschelling, the NetherlandsIn collaboration with Dutch Performing Arts, landscape arts festival Oerol organises an international visitors' programme. The international visitors' programme runs from 20-23 June 2019 on the island of Terschelling, the Netherlands.
- 27 Jun. → 28 Jun. '19Rotterdam, the NetherlandsIn collaboration with Dutch Performing Arts, conference and festival inJazz organises an international visitors' programme to introduce (new) Dutch work, musicians and bands to international presenters. The event and visitors' programme take place on 27 & 28 June 2019 in Rotterdam, the Netherlands.
- 4 Jul. → 7 Jul. '19Amsterdam, the NetherlandsFor the third year in a row, Dutch Performing Arts partners up with dance festival Julidans. The festival organises an international visitors' programme to present a wide range of Dutch productions and premieres to international presenters.
- 5 Jul. → 7 Jul. '19Amsterdam, the NetherlandsPart of a first-time collaboration with Dutch Performing Arts, Amsterdam Roots Festival organises an international visitors' programme. The festival takes place from 2-10 July 2019 in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
- 12 Jul. → 21 Jul. '19Cividale del Friuli, ItalyIn collaboration with Dutch Performing Arts, Italian performing arts festival Mittelfest spotlights the work of three Dutch artists and music groups. The festival takes place from 12-21 July 2019 in Cividale del Friuli, Italy.
- 22 Jul. → 5 Aug. '19Venice, ItalyDutch Performing Arts proudly powers three Netherlands-based theatre companies and artists who are part of the International Theatre Festival at the Venice Biennale 2019. Theater Artemis, Club Gewalt and Julian Hetzel are part of a Dutch focus programme, with multiple performances in July and August 2019.
- 7 Aug. → 10 Aug. '19's-Hertogenbosch, the NetherlandsIn collaboration with Dutch Performing Arts and Flanders Arts Institute, Theaterfestival Boulevard invites theatre professionals to its international visitors' programme. The international visitors' programme takes place from 7-10 August 2019 in ‘s-Hertogenbosch, the Netherlands.
- 30 Aug. → 31 Aug. '19Reitdiepdal Groningen, the NetherlandsDutch Performing Arts and ZomerJazzFietsTour continue their close collaboration to present Dutch work, musicians and bands to international music presenters. The international visitors' programme takes place on 30 & 31 August 2019 in Reitdiepdal Groningen, the Netherlands,
- 6 Sep. → 8 Sep. '19Utrecht, the NetherlandsIn collaboration wih Dutch Performing Arts, Gaudeamus Muziekweek 2019 organises an international visitors' programme for music presenters. The visitors' programme takes place from 6-8 September 2019 in Utrecht, the Netherlands.
- 20 Sep. → 29 Sep. '19Moscow, RussiaDutch theatre for young audiences returns once more at international festival Gavroche, with the support of Dutch Performing Arts. After having programmed a number of Dutch productions in 2013, the festival will present another eight Dutch youth theatre productions during its 13th edition.
- 25 Sep. → 28 Sep. '19Part of a brand-new collaboration with music venue Bimhuis, this year's location for festival 12 Points, the 13th festival edition features a fringe programme with Netherlands-based artists. Dutch Performing Arts powers the fringe programme as well an international visitors' programme that takes place during the festival.