- 15 May. → 18 May. '19Rotterdam, the Netherlands
Classical:NEXT 2019Dutch Performing Arts and De Doelen facilitate the classical and contemporary music scene at the Dutch Pavilion during Classical:NEXT 2019. The global meeting for art music innovators takes place from 15-18 May 2019 in Rotterdam, the Netherlands.The Dutch Pavilion is filled with representatives of ensembles, composers, publishers and festivals, as well as supporting and funding organisations. These organisations represent the whole spectrum of the classical and contemporary music sector. You are welcome to visit the delegates at the pavilion in concert and conference venue De Doelen.
On 16 and 17 May 2019 visitors can participate in several network activities, including matchmaking, speed dates, meet & greets and international matchings. There will also be networking receptions.
For the full conference and showcase programme, visit the Classical:NEXT website.
Arthur Wagenaar - 'CLOSE CALL'Making music with your smartphone? Of course you can! But are you controlling it or is it the other way around? Composer Arthur Wagenaar's piece 'CLOSE CALL' challenges you to investigate this further. You can catch his work at Classical:NEXT in Rotterdam.
This video is part of a collaboration with Nieuw Geneco, to put the spotlight on Dutch composers who are part of international music events.About Classical:NEXT
Classical:NEXT is the international conference for professionals from all branches of the classical and contemporary music sector. The conference is held at and co-produced by De Doelen. Since the first edition in May 2012, around 2,000 music professionals representing 1,000 companies from over than 40 countries have engaged with Classical:NEXT and made it into the world’s most important classical music meeting, featuring a conference and exhibition, as well as showcases and screenings.
- 15 Aug. → 27 Oct. '19Shanghai, ChinaWith the support of Dutch Performing Arts, Shanghai-based Art Space for Kids organises a Dutch focus with three youth theatre companies, taking place at various venues in Beijing and Hangzhou, China. Performing are Theatergroep Kwatta, Dadodans and Oorkaan. The Dutch focus rus from August to October 2019.
- 8 Oct. → 24 Nov. '19Rome, ItalyAs part of a close collaboration with Dutch Performing Arts, Italian arts festival Romaeuropa presents shows by three Netherlands-based artists and companies: choreographer Arno Schuitemaker, youth dance company de Stilte, and music theatre company Oorkaan. The performances take place from 8 October - 24 November 2019 in Rome, Italy.
- 16 Oct. → 20 Oct. '19Shanghai, ChinaDutch Performing Arts organises a Dutch focus programme at performing arts fair ChinaSPAF in Shanghai. Joining us are (representatives of) Netherlands-based artists who will pitch their work to an international audience of arts professionals.
- 23 Oct. → 27 Oct. '19Tampere, FinlandPart of a continued collaboration with open source network World Music Forum NL, Dutch Performing Arts will represent Dutch artists and music professionals at WOMEX 2019. This year's edition takes place from 23-27 October 2019 in Tampere, Finland.
- 31 Oct. → 2 Nov. '19Washington, the United StatesYouth theatre company Woest gives five performances of their show 'Balancing Bodies' at the Kennedy Center in Washington.
- 2 Nov. → 3 Nov. '19Washington, the United StatesYouth theatre company BonteHond gives four performances of their show 'Get 'M' at the Kennedy Center in Washington.
- 7 Nov. → 9 Nov. '19's-Hertogenbosch, the NetherlandsFor the fifth year in a row, Dutch Performing Arts and music festival November Music closely collaborate on an international visitors' programme for music presenters. The visitors' programme takes place from 7-9 November 2019 in 's-Hertogenbosch, the Netherlands.
- 9 Nov. → 10 Nov. '19Washington, the United StatesYouth theatre company Maas theater en dans gives five performances of their show 'EGG-tion HERO' at the Kennedy Center in Washington.
- 11 Jan. → 12 Jan. '20Washington, the United StatesMusic theatre company Oorkaan gives five performances of their show 'Glimpse' at the Kennedy Center in Washington.
- 24 Apr. → 26 Apr. '20Washington, the United StatesYouth dance company De Dansers gives five performances of their show 'Pokon' at the Kennedy Center in Washington.