- 18 May De Doelen, Rotterdam
Classical:NEXT Classical music for young audiencesDuring Classical:Next, Oorkaan will organise a session about reinventing the classical concert format.Since 2000, the Dutch organization Oorkaan creates high quality staged concerts for young audiences, performed by outstanding musicians. These staged concerts are presented in concert halls, theatres and festivals all over the world. For the creation of the productions, Oorkaan trains talented musicians in their performance and physical acting skills according to the Oorkaan Method.
Together with Pascal Sticklies (senior education manager Philharmonie Luxembourg) and the audience, Caecilia Thunnissen (artistic director of Oorkaan) will address the following questions:
Which is the best way to make live performed classical music accessible for young audiences? What kind of core values should we embrace while creating? What kind of skills are requested from the musicians and how can we train them in these skills? And is this also applicable to concert formats for adults and even a chance for innovation in the classical concert practice as a whole?
The session is moderated by Maria Hansen, executive director ELIA, European League of Institutes of the Arts. The session will be held in De Doelen, in conference room 3.
Image: Glimp, Oorkaan. Photo: Ronald Knapp
- 20 July → 22 JulyHilversumFrom 20 to 22 July the Wonderfeel classical music festival is being staged in the midst of nature close to Hilversum.
- 02 August → 12 August‘s-Hertogenbosch (The Netherlands)For eleven days in August, Theaterfestival Boulevard ‘s-Hertogenbosch (the Netherlands) presents a range of theatre, dance, music (theatre), street theatre and interdisciplinary productions.
- 05 September → 09 SeptemberUtrecht, The NetherlandsGaudeamus presents, organises, promotes, and supports the newest music by pioneering talent and has been an advocate of trailblazing composers around the world for 70 years. Gaudeamus organises an international visitors programme during Gaudeamus Muziekweek in collaboration with Dutch Performing Arts.
- 06 September → 08 SeptemberAntwerpAre you a performing arts professional (programmer, curator, dramaturge...) with a clear interest in Dutch and Flemish work and willing to stay for a three-day programme?
- 25 September → 13 OctoberMarseilleIn collaboration with Dutch Performing Arts, the 18th edition of interdisciplinary festival Actoral will spotlight the work of 8 Dutch makers and companies in a special programme titled Temps fort Pays-Bas.
- 05 October → 07 OctoberDe Krakeling, Amsterdam, the NetherlandsDe Krakeling, the most famous theatre in the Netherlands that is fully dedicated to young audiences, is celebrating its 40th anniversary this autumn!
- 24 October → 28 OctoberLas Palmas, Gran Canaria, SpainTogether with open source network World Music Forum NL, Dutch Performing Arts is representing Dutch artists and music professionals at WOMEX.
- 02 November → 11 November's-HertogenboschNovember Music is an international music festival based in 's-Hertogenbosch, the Netherlands. Visitors of November Music 2018 can fully enjoy today's eclectic musical landscape. The festival showcases the prominent composers of our time. Not to mention top-notch ensembles, jazz & world pioneers, sound installations, and interdisciplinary productions. November Music takes place 2-11 November at various locations in the 's-Hertogenbosch.