- 14 May. → 18 May. '18Munich, Germany
depARTuresFrom 14 to 18 May, Joint Adventures / Walter Heun is presenting a selection of recent artistic works from the Netherlands that use choreographic practices and presentational forms which originate from other disciplines.There will be four Dutch performances on show in Munich. The four performances will be contextualised with opening lectures and talks after the performances, to provide valuable insights into the artistic methodologies and research approaches.
Andrea Božić - After Trio A
Keren Levi - The Dry Piece – A Ritual of Disappearance
Theater Hoch X
Arno Schuitemaker - If You Could See Me Now
Ann Van den Broek, WArd/waRD - Accusations
In her work After Trio A, Andrea Božić reflects on the interdisciplinary work of Yvonne Rainer within an installation. Keren Levi’s The Dry Piece creates an intense, voyeuristic relationship between spectator and performer, slowly transforming into a live visual art installation. Arno Schuitemaker turns the dance on stage into a rave infecting the dancers and the audience with electro music. Through stroboscopic lighting he expands the stage into the unlimited immersing into the common space. Ann Van den Broek chose the format of a fashion show that is to be watched at close quarters, addressing her accusations directly to the audience.
About Joint Adventures
Joint Adventures, founded in 1990 by Walter Heun, is an organiser based in Munich that operates on a national and international level in the field of contemporary dance and other contemporary art disciplines. In close cooperation with regional, national and international partners, he curates and organises festivals, guest performance series, residency programmes, workshops, symposia and a choreographic short film project in public space.
In addition, Joint Adventures has been lobbying for the structural support and exchange of German and international artists and programmers in order to increase the presence of dance professionals based in Germany and foreign countries.
- 19 Sep. → 25 Oct. '18Rome, ItalyItalian arts festival Romaeuropa presents several performances of Dutch dance and children's music theatre.
- 24 Oct. → 28 Oct. '18Las Palmas, Gran Canaria, SpainTogether with open source network World Music Forum NL, Dutch Performing Arts is representing Dutch artists and music professionals at WOMEX.
- 24 Oct. → 3 Nov. '18Bologna, ItalyGender Bender is an international festival presenting new imagery related to gender identities, sexual orientations and body representations. The festival takes place in Bologna, Italy from 24 October-3 November with over 100 events ranging from film showings to theatrical productions and dance performances, visual arts exhibitions, installation, roundtables and conferences, performances by musicians and DJs and clubbing events.
- 26 Oct. → 28 Oct. '18Rotterdam, the NetherlandsAccording to many music lovers, Festival Jazz International Rotterdam is the place to discover new sounds, to meet fellow music lovers and professionals and to enjoy the best music. Small-scale in scheme, up close and personal with the musicians, and with sublime international programming and the hottest bands of the moment. In collaboration with Dutch Performing Arts, the festival organises a visitors' programme for international professionals and sessions for Dutch professionals about the UK and Irish jazz scenes.
- 2 Nov. → 11 Nov. '18's-Hertogenbosch, the NetherlandsNovember Music is an international music festival based in 's-Hertogenbosch, the Netherlands. Visitors of November Music 2018 can fully enjoy today's eclectic musical landscape. The festival showcases the prominent composers of our time. Not to mention top-notch ensembles, jazz & world pioneers, sound installations, and interdisciplinary productions. November Music takes place from 2-11 November.
- 16 Nov. → 25 Nov. '18Huddersfield, United Kingdomhcmf// is the UK’s largest international festival of new and experimental music. The annual, international festival of contemporary and new music takes place over 10 days and consists of approximately 50 events, including concerts, music theatre, dance, multimedia, talks and film. hcmf// is a platform for numerous debut artists and presents an opportunity for international performers to be heard in the UK.
- 13 Dec. → 21 Dec. '18Marseille, FranceMultidisciplinary festival BNMFEST mixes different styles of music and dance, including ballet, contemporary music, house, urban, world music, jam sessions and much more. The festival hosts its fourth edition from 13-21 December in Marseille, France.
- 15 Jan. → 19 Jan. '19Philadelphia, United StatesIn collaboration with ASSITEJ NL, Dutch Performing Arts organises a showcase of Dutch youth theatre at the IPAY Showcase 2019. The showcase takes place from 15-19 January 2019 in Philadelphia, the United States.