- 08 Oct. → 24 Nov. '19Rome, Italy
Dutch dance and music at Romaeuropa 2019As part of a close collaboration with Dutch Performing Arts, Italian arts festival Romaeuropa presents shows by three Netherlands-based artists and companies: choreographer Arno Schuitemaker, youth dance company de Stilte, and music theatre company Oorkaan. The performances take place from 8 October - 24 November 2019 in Rome, Italy.During its 34th edition, the festival presents an eclectic blend of dance and music theatre from the Netherlands for both adults and young audiences. The Dutch programme is made possible by Dutch Performing Arts and the Dutch embassy in Rome.
Visitors can enjoy shows by the following artists and companies:
Arno Schuitemaker - 'The Way You Sound Tonight' dance8-9 October 2019 at 20:00 & 21:00, Teatro Vascello
de Stilte - 'Alice' (6+) dance9-10 November 2019 at 11:00 & 17:00, Mattatoio - Teatro 1
Oorkaan - 'The Box Brothers' (De gebroeders kist) (4+) music23-24 November 2019 at 10:00, 15:00 & 17:00, Mattatoio - Teatro 2
Browse through the full festival programme at the Romaeuropa website.
Since its etablishment in 1986, the Romaeuropa festival has grown constantly and is now recognised as the one of the most important Italian cultural festivals. The festival brings together artistic performance from all over the world in a spectacular programme of dance, theatre, music, cinema, meetings with artists, visual arts and cutting-edge technological creativity. The sounds and artistic expression of five continents are the ingredients of an intense, aesthetic experience delivered at various venues for a period of over two months.
- 15 Aug. → 27 Oct. '19Shanghai, ChinaWith the support of Dutch Performing Arts, Shanghai-based Art Space for Kids organises a Dutch focus with three youth theatre companies, taking place at various venues in Beijing and Hangzhou, China. Performing are Theatergroep Kwatta, Dadodans and Oorkaan. The Dutch focus rus from August to October 2019.
- 16 Oct. → 20 Oct. '19Shanghai, ChinaDutch Performing Arts organises a Dutch focus programme at performing arts fair ChinaSPAF in Shanghai. Joining us are (representatives of) Netherlands-based artists who will pitch their work to an international audience of arts professionals.
- 23 Oct. → 27 Oct. '19Tampere, FinlandPart of a continued collaboration with open source network World Music Forum NL, Dutch Performing Arts will represent Dutch artists and music professionals at WOMEX 2019. This year's edition takes place from 23-27 October 2019 in Tampere, Finland.
- 31 Oct. → 2 Nov. '19Washington, the United StatesYouth theatre company Woest gives five performances of their show 'Balancing Bodies' at the Kennedy Center in Washington.
- 2 Nov. → 3 Nov. '19Washington, the United StatesYouth theatre company BonteHond gives four performances of their show 'Get 'M' at the Kennedy Center in Washington.
- 7 Nov. → 9 Nov. '19's-Hertogenbosch, the NetherlandsFor the fifth year in a row, Dutch Performing Arts and music festival November Music closely collaborate on an international visitors' programme for music presenters. The visitors' programme takes place from 7-9 November 2019 in 's-Hertogenbosch, the Netherlands.
- 9 Nov. → 10 Nov. '19Washington, the United StatesYouth theatre company Maas theater en dans gives five performances of their show 'EGG-tion HERO' at the Kennedy Center in Washington.
- 11 Jan. → 12 Jan. '20Washington, the United StatesMusic theatre company Oorkaan gives five performances of their show 'Glimpse' at the Kennedy Center in Washington.
- 24 Apr. → 26 Apr. '20Washington, the United StatesYouth dance company De Dansers gives five performances of their show 'Pokon' at the Kennedy Center in Washington.