- 12 Jul. → 21 Jul. '19Cividale del Friuli, Italy
Dutch focus at Mittelfest 2019In collaboration with Dutch Performing Arts, Italian performing arts festival Mittelfest spotlights the work of three Dutch artists and music groups. The festival takes place from 12-21 July 2019 in Cividale del Friuli, Italy.Mittelfest presents a special Dutch programme, featuring performances by the following artists and groups:
Diamanda Le Berge Dramm - 'Subverse' world premiere13 July 2019 at 20.00, S. Maria del Battuti Church
Slagwerk Den Haag - 'Trails of Wood' Italian premiere18 July 2019 at 22.00, S. Francesco Church
Jazz Orchestra of the Concertgebouw Amsterdam - 'Mississippi Goddam: an homage to Nina Simone' Italian premiere19 July 2019 at 22.00, Piazza Duomo
To explore the full festival programme, visit the Mittelfest website or browse through the PDF programme leaflet at the bottom of this page.
Music, theatre, dance and visual arts festival Mittelfest brings together fresh and urgent artistic and cultural ideas. The international festival has a special focus on Central and Southeast Europe.
Main theme of the 2019 edition is leadership. The festival programme presents and explores different forms of leadership in arts and society.
- 8 Oct. → 24 Nov. '19Rome, ItalyAs part of a close collaboration with Dutch Performing Arts, Italian arts festival Romaeuropa presents shows by three Netherlands-based artists and companies: choreographer Arno Schuitemaker, youth dance company de Stilte, and music theatre company Oorkaan. The performances take place from 8 October - 24 November 2019 in Rome, Italy.
- 17 Nov. → 23 Nov. '19Huddersfield, United Kingdomhcmf// presents an extensive Dutch lineup for the second year running, as part of a three-year partnership with Dutch Performing Arts. This year the festival presents six concerts with Netherlands-based musicians and composers.
- 11 Jan. → 12 Jan. '20Washington, the United StatesMusic theatre company Oorkaan gives five performances of their show 'Glimpse' at the Kennedy Center in Washington.
- 12 Jan. → 12 Jan. '20New York, United StatesIn a showcase titled 'Sounds of the Dutch Underground', four Netherlands-based music groups will perform at Winter Jazzfest in New York, the United States. Performing as part of the Dutch showcase are: Binkbeats, Tin Men and the Telephone, Niels Broos & Jamie Peet, and Tineke Postma.
- 24 Apr. → 26 Apr. '20Washington, the United StatesYouth dance company De Dansers gives five performances of their show 'Pokon' at the Kennedy Center in Washington.