- 22 Jul. → 04 Aug. '19Venice, Italy
Dutch focus at the Venice Biennale 2019Dutch Performing Arts proudly powers three Netherlands-based theatre companies and artists who are part of the International Theatre Festival at the Venice Biennale 2019. Theater Artemis, Club Gewalt and Julian Hetzel are part of a Dutch focus programme, with multiple performances in July and August 2019.The 47th edition of the International Theatre Festival takes place from 22 July - 5 August 2019 in Venice, Italy. Dutch Performing Arts supports the performances of youth theatre company Theater Artemis, music theatre collective Club Gewalt, and theatremaker and visual artist Julian Hetzel.
On the festival's opening night the Venice Biennale, organiser of the International Theatre Festival, will grant the Silver Lion to Jetse Batelaan, artistic director of Theater Artemis. Batelaan is the first-ever theatremaker for young audiences and Dutch national to receive the prestigious award.
You can catch the following Dutch performances during the Venice Biennale:
Theater Artemis & Het Zuidelijk Toneel - ‘The Story of the Story’ (‘Het Verhaal van het Verhaal’) for ages 8+ Italian premiere22 July 2019 at 18:00, Teatro Goldoni
Theater Artemis - ‘War’ (‘Oorlog') for ages 6+ Italian premiere24 July 2019 at 18:00, Teatro Goldoni
Club Gewalt – ‘Yuri, a Workout Opera’ Italian premiere28 July 2019 at 21:00, Teatro alle Tese
Club Gewalt – ‘Club Club Gewalt 5.0 Punk’ Italian premiere29 July 2019 at 22:30, Teatro alle Tese
Julian Hetzel – ‘All Inclusive’ Italian premiere2 August 2019 at 21:00, Teatro alle Tese
Julian Hetzel – ‘I’m Not Nere, Says the Void’ Italian premiere3 August 2019 at 19:30, Teatro alle Tese
Julian Hetzel – ‘The Automated Sniper’ Italian premiere4 August 2019 at 21:30, Tese dei Soppalchi
Not part of the Dutch focus programme, but also performing at the Venice Biennale are:
Atlas Ensemble - 'Nomaden for cello and large intercultural ensemble' Italian premiere4 October 2019 at 20:00 , Teatro Goldoni
Orchestra della Toscana, performing a composition by Michel van der AA - 'Hysteresis for clarinet, ensemble and soundtrack' Italian premiere5 October 2019 at 20:00, Teatro alle Tese
For more information about the Venice Biennale and its International Theatre Festival, visit the Venice Biennale website.
- 30 Aug. → 31 Aug. '19Reitdiepdal Groningen, the NetherlandsDutch Performing Arts and ZomerJazzFietsTour continue their close partnership to present Dutch work, musicians and bands to international music presenters. The international visitors' programme takes place on 30 & 31 August 2019 in Reitdiepdal Groningen, the Netherlands,
- 6 Sep. → 8 Sep. '19Utrecht, the NetherlandsIn collaboration wih Dutch Performing Arts, Gaudeamus Muziekweek 2019 organises an international visitors' programme for music presenters. The visitors' programme takes place from 6-8 September 2019 in Utrecht, the Netherlands.
- 18 Sep. → 28 Sep. '19Essen, GermanyYouth theatre company Theater Artemis will give 12 performances of their new production '(…..) - This piece doesn’t give a shit that its title is vague' at arts festival Ruhrtriennale. The company will perform from 18-28 September 2019 in Essen, Germany.
- 20 Sep. → 29 Sep. '19Moscow, RussiaDutch theatre for young audiences returns once more at international festival Gavroche with the support of Dutch Performing Arts. After having programmed a number of Dutch productions in 2013, the festival will present another 11 Dutch youth theatre productions during its 13th edition.
- 25 Sep. → 28 Sep. '19Amsterdam, the NetherlandsFestival 12 Point is coming to Amsterdam. The showcase event for emerging and innovative jazz musicians from Europe takes place from 25-28 September 2019 at the BIMHUIS in Amsterdam. Part of a collaboration between Dutch Performing Arts, 12 Points and the BIMHUIS, the 13th edition features a satellite programme (titled 'Orange Line') with Netherlands-based artists and an international visitors' programme.
- 31 Oct. → 2 Nov. '19Washington, the United StatesYouth theatre company Woest gives five performances of their show 'Balancing Bodies' at the Kennedy Center in Washington.
- 2 Nov. → 3 Nov. '19Washington, the United StatesYouth theatre company BonteHond gives four performances of their show 'Get 'M' at the Kennedy Center in Washington.
- 9 Nov. → 10 Nov. '19Washington, the United StatesYouth theatre company Maas Theater en Dans gives five performances of their show 'EGG-tion HERO' at the Kennedy Center in Washington.
- 11 Jan. → 12 Jan. '20Washington, the United StatesMusic theatre company Oorkaan gives five performances of their show 'Glimpse' at the Kennedy Center in Washington.
- 24 Apr. → 26 Apr. '20Washington, the United StatesYouth dance company De Dansers gives five performances of their show 'Pokon' at the Kennedy Center in Washington.