- 22 Jul. → 05 Aug. '19Venice, Italy
Dutch focus at the Venice Biennale 2019Dutch Performing Arts proudly powers three Netherlands-based theatre companies and artists who are part of the International Theatre Festival at the Venice Biennale 2019. Theater Artemis, Club Gewalt and Julian Hetzel are part of a Dutch focus programme, with multiple performances in July and August 2019.The 47th edition of the International Theatre Festival takes place from 22 July - 5 August 2019 in Venice, Italy. Dutch Performing Arts supports the performances of youth theatre company Theater Artemis, music theatre collective Club Gewalt, and theatremaker and visual artist Julian Hetzel.
On the festival's opening night the Venice Biennale, organiser of the International Theatre Festival, will grant the Silver Lion to Jetse Batelaan, artistic director of Theater Artemis. Batelaan is the first-ever theatremaker for young audiences and Dutch national to receive the prestigious award.
You can catch the following Dutch performances during the Venice Biennale:
Theater Artemis & Het Zuidelijk Toneel - ‘The Story of the Story’ (‘Het Verhaal van het Verhaal’) for ages 8+ Italian premiere22 July 2019 at 18:00, Teatro Goldoni
Theater Artemis - ‘War’ (‘Oorlog') for ages 6+ Italian premiere24 July 2019 at 18:00, Teatro Goldoni
Club Gewalt – ‘Yuri, a Workout Opera’ Italian premiere28 July 2019 at 21:00, Teatro alle Tese
Club Gewalt – ‘Club Club Gewalt 5.0 Punk’ Italian premiere29 July 2019 at 22:30, Teatro alle Tese
Julian Hetzel – ‘All Inclusive’ Italian premiere2 August 2019 at 21:00, Teatro alle Tese
Julian Hetzel – ‘I’m Not Nere, Says the Void’ Italian premiere3 August 2019 at 19:30, Teatro alle Tese
Julian Hetzel – ‘The Automated Sniper’ Italian premiere4 August 2019 at 21:30, Tese dei Soppalchi
For more information about the Venice Biennale and its International Theatre Festival, visit the Venice Biennale website.
- 20 Jun. → 23 Jun. '19Terschelling, the NetherlandsIn collaboration with Dutch Performing Arts, landscape arts festival Oerol organises an international visitors' programme. The international visitors' programme runs from 20-23 June 2019 on the island of Terschelling, the Netherlands.
- 27 Jun. → 28 Jun. '19Rotterdam, the NetherlandsIn collaboration with Dutch Performing Arts, conference and festival inJazz organises an international visitors' programme to introduce (new) Dutch work, musicians and bands to international presenters. The event and visitors' programme take place on 27 & 28 June 2019 in Rotterdam, the Netherlands.
- 4 Jul. → 7 Jul. '19Amsterdam, the NetherlandsFor the third year in a row, Dutch Performing Arts partners up with dance festival Julidans. The festival organises an international visitors' programme to present a wide range of Dutch productions and premieres to international presenters.
- 5 Jul. → 7 Jul. '19Amsterdam, the NetherlandsPart of a first-time collaboration with Dutch Performing Arts, Amsterdam Roots Festival organises an international visitors' programme. The festival takes place from 2-10 July 2019 in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
- 12 Jul. → 21 Jul. '19Cividale del Friuli, ItalyIn collaboration with Dutch Performing Arts, Italian performing arts festival Mittelfest spotlights the work of three Dutch artists and music groups. The festival takes place from 12-21 July 2019 in Cividale del Friuli, Italy.
- 7 Aug. → 10 Aug. '19's-Hertogenbosch, the NetherlandsIn collaboration with Dutch Performing Arts and Flanders Arts Institute, Theaterfestival Boulevard invites theatre professionals to its international visitors' programme. The international visitors' programme takes place from 7-10 August 2019 in ‘s-Hertogenbosch, the Netherlands.
- 30 Aug. → 31 Aug. '19Reitdiepdal Groningen, the NetherlandsDutch Performing Arts and ZomerJazzFietsTour continue their close collaboration to present Dutch work, musicians and bands to international music presenters. The international visitors' programme takes place on 30 & 31 August 2019 in Reitdiepdal Groningen, the Netherlands,
- 6 Sep. → 8 Sep. '19Utrecht, the NetherlandsIn collaboration wih Dutch Performing Arts, Gaudeamus Muziekweek 2019 organises an international visitors' programme for music presenters. The visitors' programme takes place from 6-8 September 2019 in Utrecht, the Netherlands.
- 20 Sep. → 29 Sep. '19Moscow, RussiaDutch theatre for young audiences returns once more at international festival Gavroche, with the support of Dutch Performing Arts. After having programmed a number of Dutch productions in 2013, the festival will present another eight Dutch youth theatre productions during its 13th edition.
- 25 Sep. → 28 Sep. '19Part of a brand-new collaboration with music venue Bimhuis, this year's location for festival 12 Points, the 13th festival edition features a fringe programme with Netherlands-based artists. Dutch Performing Arts powers the fringe programme as well an international visitors' programme that takes place during the festival.