- 20 Sep. → 12 Oct. '19Marseille, France
Dutch Performing arts en France | Actoral 2019In close collaboration with Dutch Performing Arts, interdisciplinary festival Actoral presents performances by Davy Pieters, Michele Rizzo, and Benjamin Khan & Cherish Menzo at various venues in Marseille, France.From 20 September - 12 October 2019 visitors can enjoy performances by the following Netherlands-based artists and companies:
Davy Pieters - 'How Did I Die' theatre27 & 28 September at 19:30, Théâtre des Bernardines
Michele Rizzo - 'Deposition' dance10 October 2019 at 21:00, SCENE44
11 October 2019 at 20:30, SCENE44
Benjamin Kahn & Cherish Menzo - 'Sorry But I Feel Slightly Disidentified ...' dance11 October 2019 at 21:45, Friche Belle de Mai
12 October 2019 at 21:30, Montévidéo centre d'art
Besides these performances, festivalgoers can also visit a photography exhibit by Dutch photographer Marlous van der Sloot.
Marlous van der Sloot - 'Le Corps Vécu' photographyDaily from 10:00-18:00, Montévidéo centre d'art
On 21 & 30 September and 2-3 & 8-9 October 2019 in the evening, until 23:00
On 6 & 12 October 2019 from 14:00-23:00
Browse through the full festival programme at the Actoral website.
The Dutch focus programme is a result of a close collaboration between Festival Actoral, Dutch Performing Arts | en France and the Dutch embassy in Paris.
Temps fort créé en collaboration avec Dutch Performing Arts, un programme du Fonds néerlandais des arts de la scène pour la promotion à l'international du spectacle vivant néerlandais.
Actoral is an international and interdisciplinary annual festival based in Marseille, gathering a dozen local cultural venues during 3 weeks, presenting an eclectic mix of theatre, dance, visual arts, performance, music, film, and literature. The festival invites audiences to discover the new generation of French and international artists, bringing about fresh perspectives for all to share.
- 15 Aug. → 27 Oct. '19Shanghai, ChinaWith the support of Dutch Performing Arts, Shanghai-based Art Space for Kids organises a Dutch focus with three youth theatre companies, taking place at various venues in Beijing and Hangzhou, China. Performing are Theatergroep Kwatta, Dadodans and Oorkaan. The Dutch focus rus from August to October 2019.
- 14 Sep. → 4 Nov. '19Ghent, BelgiumIn collaboration with Dutch Performing Arts, Flanders Festival Ghent (Gent Festival van Vlaanderen) organises an extensive Dutch programme featuring a host of Netherlands-based artists and groups. The Dutch performances take place from 14 September-4 October 2019 in Ghent, Belgium.
- 18 Sep. → 28 Sep. '19Essen, GermanyYouth theatre company Theater Artemis will give 12 performances of their new production '(…..) - This piece doesn’t give a shit that its title is vague' at arts festival Ruhrtriennale. The company will perform from 18-28 September 2019 in Essen, Germany.
- 20 Sep. → 29 Sep. '19Moscow, RussiaDutch theatre for young audiences returns once more at international festival Gavroche with the support of Dutch Performing Arts. After having programmed a number of Dutch productions in 2013, the festival will present another 11 Dutch youth theatre productions during its 13th edition.
- 25 Sep. → 28 Sep. '19Amsterdam, the NetherlandsFestival 12 Point is coming to Amsterdam. The showcase event for emerging and innovative jazz musicians from Europe takes place from 25-28 September 2019 at the BIMHUIS in Amsterdam. Part of a collaboration between Dutch Performing Arts, 12 Points and the BIMHUIS, the 13th edition features a satellite programme (titled 'Orange Line') with Netherlands-based artists and an international visitors' programme.
- 26 Sep. → 29 Sep. '19Berlin, GermanyIn collaboration with Dutch Performing Arts, Berlin-based festival BAM! presents performances by three Dutch music theatre companies: Huba de Graaff, Club Gewalt, and Project Wildeman. The music theatre festival also organises a symposium, with a focus on music theater in the Netherlands.
- 3 Oct. → 6 Oct. '19Maastricht, the NetherlandsIn collaboration with Dutch Performing Arts, Nederlandse Dansdagen (Dutch Dance Festival) organises an international visitors' programme from 3-6 October in Maastricht, the Netherlands.
- 11 Oct. → 13 Oct. '19Seoul, South KoreaWith the support of Dutch Performing Arts, performer and filmmaker Karel van Laere will do three shows of his performance 'The Non-Present Performer' at the National Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art (MMCA) in Seoul, South Korea.
- 31 Oct. → 2 Nov. '19Washington, the United StatesYouth theatre company Woest gives five performances of their show 'Balancing Bodies' at the Kennedy Center in Washington.
- 2 Nov. → 3 Nov. '19Washington, the United StatesYouth theatre company BonteHond gives four performances of their show 'Get 'M' at the Kennedy Center in Washington.
- 9 Nov. → 10 Nov. '19Washington, the United StatesYouth theatre company Maas Theater en Dans gives five performances of their show 'EGG-tion HERO' at the Kennedy Center in Washington.
- 11 Jan. → 12 Jan. '20Washington, the United StatesMusic theatre company Oorkaan gives five performances of their show 'Glimpse' at the Kennedy Center in Washington.
- 24 Apr. → 26 Apr. '20Washington, the United StatesYouth dance company De Dansers gives five performances of their show 'Pokon' at the Kennedy Center in Washington.