- 05 Oct. → 13 Oct. '19Seoul area, South Korea
Dutch performing arts in South KoreaDutch music, dance and theatre take the stage in South Korea in October. Saxophonist and composer Tineke Postma, performance artist Karel van Laere, and representatives of the Rotterdam International Duet Choreography Competition will present their work in the Seoul area.The Netherlands-based artists present their exciting work at three international events and venues in the Seoul area. With these activities Dutch Performing Arts takes the first steps in intensifying cultural relations with South Korea.
Tineke Postma Quartet at Jarasum Jazz FestivalThe Tineke Postma Quartet performs on the main stage of the 16th Jarasum Jazz Festival, doing songs from their upcoming album 'Freya'.
5 October 2019 at 16:30, Jazz Island
> More info
Karel van Laere at National Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art SeoulPerformance artist Karel van Laere gives three shows of his performance 'The Non-Present Performer' at the National Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art (MMCA) in Seoul.
11 October 2019 at 19:00, Multi-project hall MMCA
12 & 13 October 2019 at 15:00, Multi-project hall MMCA
> More info
Rotterdam International Duet Choreography Competition (RIDCC) at PAMS PitchingMaya Roest and Mischa van Leeuwen, founders of the RIDCC and dancers at Scapino Ballet Rotterdam, take part in PAMS Pitching. They will give a 5-minute pitch at the Performing Arts Market in Seoul (PAMS) to search for partners for RIDCC's XL Production Award.
10 October 2019 in Seoul
> More info
- 15 Aug. → 27 Oct. '19Shanghai, ChinaWith the support of Dutch Performing Arts, Shanghai-based Art Space for Kids organises a Dutch focus with three youth theatre companies, taking place at various venues in Beijing and Hangzhou, China. Performing are Theatergroep Kwatta, Dadodans and Oorkaan. The Dutch focus rus from August to October 2019.
- 8 Oct. → 24 Nov. '19Rome, ItalyAs part of a close collaboration with Dutch Performing Arts, Italian arts festival Romaeuropa presents shows by three Netherlands-based artists and companies: choreographer Arno Schuitemaker, youth dance company de Stilte, and music theatre company Oorkaan. The performances take place from 8 October - 24 November 2019 in Rome, Italy.
- 16 Oct. → 20 Oct. '19Shanghai, ChinaDutch Performing Arts organises a Dutch focus programme at performing arts fair ChinaSPAF in Shanghai. Joining us are (representatives of) Netherlands-based artists who will pitch their work to an international audience of arts professionals.
- 23 Oct. → 27 Oct. '19Tampere, FinlandPart of a continued collaboration with open source network World Music Forum NL, Dutch Performing Arts will represent Dutch artists and music professionals at WOMEX 2019. This year's edition takes place from 23-27 October 2019 in Tampere, Finland.
- 31 Oct. → 2 Nov. '19Washington, the United StatesYouth theatre company Woest gives five performances of their show 'Balancing Bodies' at the Kennedy Center in Washington.
- 2 Nov. → 3 Nov. '19Washington, the United StatesYouth theatre company BonteHond gives four performances of their show 'Get 'M' at the Kennedy Center in Washington.
- 7 Nov. → 9 Nov. '19's-Hertogenbosch, the NetherlandsFor the fifth year in a row, Dutch Performing Arts and music festival November Music closely collaborate on an international visitors' programme for music presenters. The visitors' programme takes place from 7-9 November 2019 in 's-Hertogenbosch, the Netherlands.
- 9 Nov. → 10 Nov. '19Washington, the United StatesYouth theatre company Maas theater en dans gives five performances of their show 'EGG-tion HERO' at the Kennedy Center in Washington.
- 11 Jan. → 12 Jan. '20Washington, the United StatesMusic theatre company Oorkaan gives five performances of their show 'Glimpse' at the Kennedy Center in Washington.
- 24 Apr. → 26 Apr. '20Washington, the United StatesYouth dance company De Dansers gives five performances of their show 'Pokon' at the Kennedy Center in Washington.