- 06 Sep. → 08 Sep. '19Utrecht, the Netherlands
Gaudeamus Muziekweek 2019 visitors' programmeIn collaboration wih Dutch Performing Arts, Gaudeamus Muziekweek 2019 organises an international visitors' programme for music presenters. The visitors' programme takes place from 6-8 September 2019 in Utrecht, the Netherlands.Gaudeamus Muziekweek facilitates the development of new work and an stages tomorrow’s music. In collaboration with Dutch Performing Arts, the festival organises an international visitors' programme to present a host of Netherlands-based artists and composers to international presenters. Invitations to the visitors' programme are extended by the organising festival.
Want to know which international organisations will be attending? Check out the PDF below.
Gaudeamus Muziekweek is a platform for young music pioneers. From classical crossover and minimal soundscapes to modern composition with (live) electronics. The international visitors' programmes serves up performances by and encounters with:
Netherlands-based composers, including: Aart Strootman, Jerzy Bielski, Genevieve Murphy, Bianco Bongers, Petra Strahovnik;
young Netherlands-based musicians and ensembles, including: Diamanda Dramm, Maya Fridman, Ensemble Catchpenny, Oerknal!, TEMKO, Jasper Stadhouders;
renowned ensembles, including: Asko|Schönberg, Slagwerk Den Haag, New European Ensemble, Ensemble Klang, Insomnio, Modelo62.
Check out the full festival programme at the Gaudeamus website. For more information about the visitors' programme, contact email@example.com.
About Gaudeamus Muziekweek
Gaudeamus presents, organises, promotes, and supports the newest music by pioneering talent and has been an advocate of trailblazing composers around the world for 70 years. From classical crossover and minimal soundscapes to modern composition with (live) electronics. Gaudeamus Muziekweek presents young music pioneers. The festival culminates in the presentation of the Gaudeamus Award, an incentive prize for composers under 30. Gaudeamus Muziekweek 2019 takes place from 4-8 September 2019 in Utrecht, the Netherlands.
The international visitors' programme is organised by Gaudeamus Muziekweek in collaboration with Dutch Performing Arts. The programme is made possible by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Netherlands.
- 15 Aug. → 27 Oct. '19Shanghai, ChinaWith the support of Dutch Performing Arts, Shanghai-based Art Space for Kids organises a Dutch focus with three youth theatre companies, taking place at various venues in Beijing and Hangzhou, China. Performing are Theatergroep Kwatta, Dadodans and Oorkaan. The Dutch focus rus from August to October 2019.
- 8 Oct. → 24 Nov. '19Rome, ItalyAs part of a close collaboration with Dutch Performing Arts, Italian arts festival Romaeuropa presents shows by three Netherlands-based artists and companies: choreographer Arno Schuitemaker, youth dance company de Stilte, and music theatre company Oorkaan. The performances take place from 8 October - 24 November 2019 in Rome, Italy.
- 16 Oct. → 20 Oct. '19Shanghai, ChinaDutch Performing Arts organises a Dutch focus programme at performing arts fair ChinaSPAF in Shanghai. Joining us are (representatives of) Netherlands-based artists who will pitch their work to an international audience of arts professionals.
- 23 Oct. → 27 Oct. '19Tampere, FinlandPart of a continued collaboration with open source network World Music Forum NL, Dutch Performing Arts will represent Dutch artists and music professionals at WOMEX 2019. This year's edition takes place from 23-27 October 2019 in Tampere, Finland.
- 31 Oct. → 2 Nov. '19Washington, the United StatesYouth theatre company Woest gives five performances of their show 'Balancing Bodies' at the Kennedy Center in Washington.
- 2 Nov. → 3 Nov. '19Washington, the United StatesYouth theatre company BonteHond gives four performances of their show 'Get 'M' at the Kennedy Center in Washington.
- 7 Nov. → 9 Nov. '19's-Hertogenbosch, the NetherlandsFor the fifth year in a row, Dutch Performing Arts and music festival November Music closely collaborate on an international visitors' programme for music presenters. The visitors' programme takes place from 7-9 November 2019 in 's-Hertogenbosch, the Netherlands.
- 9 Nov. → 10 Nov. '19Washington, the United StatesYouth theatre company Maas theater en dans gives five performances of their show 'EGG-tion HERO' at the Kennedy Center in Washington.
- 11 Jan. → 12 Jan. '20Washington, the United StatesMusic theatre company Oorkaan gives five performances of their show 'Glimpse' at the Kennedy Center in Washington.
- 24 Apr. → 26 Apr. '20Washington, the United StatesYouth dance company De Dansers gives five performances of their show 'Pokon' at the Kennedy Center in Washington.