- 28 Jun. → 29 Jun. '18Rotterdam
inJazz 2018inJazz and Dutch Performing Arts are collaborating closely on an international programme to introduce (new) Dutch work, musicians and bands to international platforms.inJazz is being held on 28 and 29 June in Rotterdam. More and more foreign delegates are finding their way to inJazz and appreciate its broad approach. This year, Dutch Performing Arts commissioned inJazz to organise a Dutch World Stage at inJazz with four Dutch groups.
29 June: World Panels at inConference
inJazz, a catalyst for new developments, is bringing together the supply and demand sides of the Dutch jazz scene, so knowledge and experience can be shared and international relationships formed. The programme on Friday, 29 June includes inspirational panels, workshops and presentations. Two panels are part of the collaboration with World Music Forum NL. Moderators Stan Rijven (for the ‘Low lands, high results?’ panel) and Mijke van Wijk (for the ‘Experts on export’ panel) will discuss several topics on crossing the border with international panellists. inJazz charges a small registration fee for those attending the conference.
Dutch World Stage at inFestival
On Friday, 29 June four bands are being given the opportunity to showcase themselves on a special Dutch World Stage in LantarenVenster. Not only to the Rotterdam public, but also to a select group of European presenters. The jury of the Dutch World Stage consisted of the following members: Danka van Dodewaard (Amsterdam Roots), Charlie Crooijmans (VPRO’s Vrije Geluiden), Hanyo Oosterom (Grounds), and Francis de Souza (Houtfestival). The selected acts are Lingua Franca Ensemble, Shishani & the Namibian Tales, Son Swagga and Tabanka. Do you want to visit the festival? No ticket is required!
Jazz is the foremost musical genre to engage in ground-breaking crossovers and World Music often proves to be jazz’s favourite partner. That’s why inJazz 2018 has opted for a special focus on World Music ensembles during the Friday night festival programme, showcasing international quality, aspiration and allure. On Friday during the day, at the conference, two World panels focus on experts on export and intensifying cross-border traffic between Belgium and the Netherlands. inJazz World stems from the fruitful collaboration of inJazz and World Music Forum NL. The Dutch World Stage is commissioned by Dutch Performing Arts.
inJazz organises an international visitors' programme in collaboration with Dutch Performing Arts. The visitors' programme is made possible by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Netherlands.
- 19 Sep. → 25 Oct. '18Rome, ItalyItalian arts festival Romaeuropa presents several performances of Dutch dance and children's music theatre.
- 24 Oct. → 28 Oct. '18Las Palmas, Gran Canaria, SpainTogether with open source network World Music Forum NL, Dutch Performing Arts is representing Dutch artists and music professionals at WOMEX.
- 24 Oct. → 3 Nov. '18Bologna, ItalyGender Bender is an international festival presenting new imagery related to gender identities, sexual orientations and body representations. The festival takes place in Bologna, Italy from 24 October-3 November with over 100 events ranging from film showings to theatrical productions and dance performances, visual arts exhibitions, installation, roundtables and conferences, performances by musicians and DJs and clubbing events.
- 26 Oct. → 28 Oct. '18Rotterdam, the NetherlandsAccording to many music lovers, Festival Jazz International Rotterdam is the place to discover new sounds, to meet fellow music lovers and professionals and to enjoy the best music. Small-scale in scheme, up close and personal with the musicians, and with sublime international programming and the hottest bands of the moment. In collaboration with Dutch Performing Arts, the festival organises a visitors' programme for international professionals and sessions for Dutch professionals about the UK and Irish jazz scenes.
- 2 Nov. → 11 Nov. '18's-Hertogenbosch, the NetherlandsNovember Music is an international music festival based in 's-Hertogenbosch, the Netherlands. Visitors of November Music 2018 can fully enjoy today's eclectic musical landscape. The festival showcases the prominent composers of our time. Not to mention top-notch ensembles, jazz & world pioneers, sound installations, and interdisciplinary productions. November Music takes place from 2-11 November.
- 16 Nov. → 25 Nov. '18Huddersfield, United Kingdomhcmf// is the UK’s largest international festival of new and experimental music. The annual, international festival of contemporary and new music takes place over 10 days and consists of approximately 50 events, including concerts, music theatre, dance, multimedia, talks and film. hcmf// is a platform for numerous debut artists and presents an opportunity for international performers to be heard in the UK.
- 13 Dec. → 21 Dec. '18Marseille, FranceMultidisciplinary festival BNMFEST mixes different styles of music and dance, including ballet, contemporary music, house, urban, world music, jam sessions and much more. The festival hosts its fourth edition from 13-21 December in Marseille, France.
- 15 Jan. → 19 Jan. '19Philadelphia, United StatesIn collaboration with ASSITEJ NL, Dutch Performing Arts organises a showcase of Dutch youth theatre at the IPAY Showcase 2019. The showcase takes place from 15-19 January 2019 in Philadelphia, the United States.