- 02 May. → 10 May. '19Talinn, Estonia
ISCM World Music Days 2019Dutch Performing Arts and Nieuw Geneco jointly promote the seven Dutch composers whose work will be performed at ISCM World Music Days 2019. This year's edition takes place from 2-10 May 2019 in Tallinn, Estonia.Dutch Performing Arts and Nieuw Geneco (New Association of Dutch Composers) join forces to promote the seven Dutch or Netherlands-based composers that have been selected by ISCM's international jury for the festival in Tallinn.
Mayke Nas - 'Down the Rabbit-Hole'Friday 3 May 2019, 19:00 atEstonia Concert Hall
Christiaan Richter - 'Droplets III'
Friday 3 May 2019, 22:00 at Estonian Academy of Music and
Theatre, Opera Studio
Vlad Chlek - 'Wood Painting'Friday 3 May 2019, 23:00 at Estonian Academy of Music and
Theatre, Chamber Hall
Jasna Veličković - 'Remote Me'Sunday 5 May 2019, 15:00 at Radio Studio One (Estonian National Broadcasting)
Alfred Momotenko Levitsky - 'Na strastnoy'Monday 6 May 2019, 17:30 at St. John’s Church in Tartu
Bart de Vrees - 'For Flute or Piano or Mandolin or Percussion or Bassoon or Guitar or Violin or Harp or Clarinet or……….'Wednesday 8 May 2019, 18:30 & 21:00 at Kanuti Gildi Saal
Vanessa Lann - 'The Bird That Was Trapped Has Flown'Thursday 9 May 2019 19:00 at Tallinn Song Festival Grounds,
Dutch reception and talk
On 3 May 2019 Dutch Performing Arts and Nieuw Geneco organise a Dutch reception. The reception offers ample opportunity for composers, musicians and other music professionals to network.
In collaboration with the Estonian Academy of Music and Theatre, Dutch Composers NOW organises a talk and discussion with the Dutch composers.
Visit the ISCM website for an overview of all international composers selected for the festival.
About ISCM World Music Days
Every year the the annual festival of ISCM (International Society for Contemporary Music) is organised by a different host. The festival presents music from each of ISCM's members, showcasing the incredible diversity of the musical practice in our time.
ISCM WMD showcases a wide range of contemporary music. The festival mainly focuses on choral music in its various expressions of genre and style. The festival also experiments between music and other fields of art, including the intersections between music and architecture, theatre, audiovisual art and literature.
- 30 Aug. → 31 Aug. '19Reitdiepdal Groningen, the NetherlandsDutch Performing Arts and ZomerJazzFietsTour continue their close partnership to present Dutch work, musicians and bands to international music presenters. The international visitors' programme takes place on 30 & 31 August 2019 in Reitdiepdal Groningen, the Netherlands,
- 6 Sep. → 8 Sep. '19Utrecht, the NetherlandsIn collaboration wih Dutch Performing Arts, Gaudeamus Muziekweek 2019 organises an international visitors' programme for music presenters. The visitors' programme takes place from 6-8 September 2019 in Utrecht, the Netherlands.
- 18 Sep. → 28 Sep. '19Essen, GermanyYouth theatre company Theater Artemis will give 12 performances of their new production '(…..) - This piece doesn’t give a shit that its title is vague' at arts festival Ruhrtriennale. The company will perform from 18-28 September 2019 in Essen, Germany.
- 20 Sep. → 29 Sep. '19Moscow, RussiaDutch theatre for young audiences returns once more at international festival Gavroche with the support of Dutch Performing Arts. After having programmed a number of Dutch productions in 2013, the festival will present another 11 Dutch youth theatre productions during its 13th edition.
- 25 Sep. → 28 Sep. '19Amsterdam, the NetherlandsFestival 12 Point is coming to Amsterdam. The showcase event for emerging and innovative jazz musicians from Europe takes place from 25-28 September 2019 at the BIMHUIS in Amsterdam. Part of a collaboration between Dutch Performing Arts, 12 Points and the BIMHUIS, the 13th edition features a satellite programme (titled 'Orange Line') with Netherlands-based artists and an international visitors' programme.
- 31 Oct. → 2 Nov. '19Washington, the United StatesYouth theatre company Woest gives five performances of their show 'Balancing Bodies' at the Kennedy Center in Washington.
- 2 Nov. → 3 Nov. '19Washington, the United StatesYouth theatre company BonteHond gives four performances of their show 'Get 'M' at the Kennedy Center in Washington.
- 9 Nov. → 10 Nov. '19Washington, the United StatesYouth theatre company Maas Theater en Dans gives five performances of their show 'EGG-tion HERO' at the Kennedy Center in Washington.
- 11 Jan. → 12 Jan. '20Washington, the United StatesMusic theatre company Oorkaan gives five performances of their show 'Glimpse' at the Kennedy Center in Washington.
- 24 Apr. → 26 Apr. '20Washington, the United StatesYouth dance company De Dansers gives five performances of their show 'Pokon' at the Kennedy Center in Washington.