- 11 Jun. → 17 Jun. '18Leeuwarden
ISPA Congress LeeuwardenThe 102nd edition of the ISPA congress will be in Leeuwarden, the Netherlands. Leeuwarden-Friesland 2018 will host the congress. Dutch Performing Arts and Performing Arts Fund NL are financially supporting this edition.Theme of this year's edition is Off the Beaten Track. The UN predicts that by 2050, 66% of the world population will live in cities. And yet, humankind seems to flourish in smaller communities, regardless of calling the city or the countryside home. In a world that is tense with populism, climate change, conflict and massive migration, the significance of these territories in society seems to be changing. What role do the performing arts choose to play in this transition and in particular, in the countryside?
Within the context of the ISPA Congress and against the background of Leeuwarden being the Cultural Capital of the Year, Dutch Performing Arts emphasizes on the Dutch performing arts scene. This will be made visible in two events in particular: the Pitch New Works Sessions and ProEx, the professional exchange event at Thursday 14 June. Besides this, there will be performances by other Dutch artists in the programme, and during Oerol festival.
Pitch New Works Session and ProEx | Professional Exchange
The Pitch New Works Session provides delegates the opportunity to become involved in commissioning and/or presenting new works before they fully enter the international marketplace. The ProEx | Professional Exchange is a casual networking event to establish new contacts, and to maintain existing relationships.
Take a look here for the schedule of the ISPA Congres.
- 19 Sep. → 25 Oct. '18Rome, ItalyItalian arts festival Romaeuropa presents several performances of Dutch dance and children's music theatre.
- 24 Oct. → 28 Oct. '18Las Palmas, Gran Canaria, SpainTogether with open source network World Music Forum NL, Dutch Performing Arts is representing Dutch artists and music professionals at WOMEX.
- 24 Oct. → 3 Nov. '18Bologna, ItalyGender Bender is an international festival presenting new imagery related to gender identities, sexual orientations and body representations. The festival takes place in Bologna, Italy from 24 October-3 November with over 100 events ranging from film showings to theatrical productions and dance performances, visual arts exhibitions, installation, roundtables and conferences, performances by musicians and DJs and clubbing events.
- 26 Oct. → 28 Oct. '18Rotterdam, the NetherlandsAccording to many music lovers, Festival Jazz International Rotterdam is the place to discover new sounds, to meet fellow music lovers and professionals and to enjoy the best music. Small-scale in scheme, up close and personal with the musicians, and with sublime international programming and the hottest bands of the moment. In collaboration with Dutch Performing Arts, the festival organises a visitors' programme for international professionals and sessions for Dutch professionals about the UK and Irish jazz scenes.
- 2 Nov. → 11 Nov. '18's-Hertogenbosch, the NetherlandsNovember Music is an international music festival based in 's-Hertogenbosch, the Netherlands. Visitors of November Music 2018 can fully enjoy today's eclectic musical landscape. The festival showcases the prominent composers of our time. Not to mention top-notch ensembles, jazz & world pioneers, sound installations, and interdisciplinary productions. November Music takes place from 2-11 November.
- 16 Nov. → 25 Nov. '18Huddersfield, United Kingdomhcmf// is the UK’s largest international festival of new and experimental music. The annual, international festival of contemporary and new music takes place over 10 days and consists of approximately 50 events, including concerts, music theatre, dance, multimedia, talks and film. hcmf// is a platform for numerous debut artists and presents an opportunity for international performers to be heard in the UK.
- 13 Dec. → 21 Dec. '18Marseille, FranceMultidisciplinary festival BNMFEST mixes different styles of music and dance, including ballet, contemporary music, house, urban, world music, jam sessions and much more. The festival hosts its fourth edition from 13-21 December in Marseille, France.
- 15 Jan. → 19 Jan. '19Philadelphia, United StatesIn collaboration with ASSITEJ NL, Dutch Performing Arts organises a showcase of Dutch youth theatre at the IPAY Showcase 2019. The showcase takes place from 15-19 January 2019 in Philadelphia, the United States.