- 11 Jun. → 17 Jun. '18Leeuwarden
ISPA Congress LeeuwardenThe 102nd edition of the ISPA congress will be in Leeuwarden, the Netherlands. Leeuwarden-Friesland 2018 will host the congress. Dutch Performing Arts and Performing Arts Fund NL are financially supporting this edition.Theme of this year's edition is Off the Beaten Track. The UN predicts that by 2050, 66% of the world population will live in cities. And yet, humankind seems to flourish in smaller communities, regardless of calling the city or the countryside home. In a world that is tense with populism, climate change, conflict and massive migration, the significance of these territories in society seems to be changing. What role do the performing arts choose to play in this transition and in particular, in the countryside?
Within the context of the ISPA Congress and against the background of Leeuwarden being the Cultural Capital of the Year, Dutch Performing Arts emphasizes on the Dutch performing arts scene. This will be made visible in two events in particular: the Pitch New Works Sessions and ProEx, the professional exchange event at Thursday 14 June. Besides this, there will be performances by other Dutch artists in the programme, and during Oerol festival.
Pitch New Works Session and ProEx | Professional Exchange
The Pitch New Works Session provides delegates the opportunity to become involved in commissioning and/or presenting new works before they fully enter the international marketplace. The ProEx | Professional Exchange is a casual networking event to establish new contacts, and to maintain existing relationships.
Take a look here for the schedule of the ISPA Congres.
- 30 Aug. → 31 Aug. '19Reitdiepdal Groningen, the NetherlandsDutch Performing Arts and ZomerJazzFietsTour continue their close partnership to present Dutch work, musicians and bands to international music presenters. The international visitors' programme takes place on 30 & 31 August 2019 in Reitdiepdal Groningen, the Netherlands,
- 6 Sep. → 8 Sep. '19Utrecht, the NetherlandsIn collaboration wih Dutch Performing Arts, Gaudeamus Muziekweek 2019 organises an international visitors' programme for music presenters. The visitors' programme takes place from 6-8 September 2019 in Utrecht, the Netherlands.
- 18 Sep. → 28 Sep. '19Essen, GermanyYouth theatre company Theater Artemis will give 12 performances of their new production '(…..) - This piece doesn’t give a shit that its title is vague' at arts festival Ruhrtriennale. The company will perform from 18-28 September 2019 in Essen, Germany.
- 20 Sep. → 29 Sep. '19Moscow, RussiaDutch theatre for young audiences returns once more at international festival Gavroche with the support of Dutch Performing Arts. After having programmed a number of Dutch productions in 2013, the festival will present another 11 Dutch youth theatre productions during its 13th edition.
- 25 Sep. → 28 Sep. '19Amsterdam, the NetherlandsFestival 12 Point is coming to Amsterdam. The showcase event for emerging and innovative jazz musicians from Europe takes place from 25-28 September 2019 at the BIMHUIS in Amsterdam. Part of a collaboration between Dutch Performing Arts, 12 Points and the BIMHUIS, the 13th edition features a satellite programme (titled 'Orange Line') with Netherlands-based artists and an international visitors' programme.
- 31 Oct. → 2 Nov. '19Washington, the United StatesYouth theatre company Woest gives five performances of their show 'Balancing Bodies' at the Kennedy Center in Washington.
- 2 Nov. → 3 Nov. '19Washington, the United StatesYouth theatre company BonteHond gives four performances of their show 'Get 'M' at the Kennedy Center in Washington.
- 9 Nov. → 10 Nov. '19Washington, the United StatesYouth theatre company Maas Theater en Dans gives five performances of their show 'EGG-tion HERO' at the Kennedy Center in Washington.
- 11 Jan. → 12 Jan. '20Washington, the United StatesMusic theatre company Oorkaan gives five performances of their show 'Glimpse' at the Kennedy Center in Washington.
- 24 Apr. → 26 Apr. '20Washington, the United StatesYouth dance company De Dansers gives five performances of their show 'Pokon' at the Kennedy Center in Washington.