- 11 Oct. → 13 Oct. '19Seoul, South Korea
Karel van Laere at National Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art SeoulWith the support of Dutch Performing Arts, performance artist Karel van Laere will do three shows of his performance 'The Non-Present Performer' at the National Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art (MMCA) in Seoul, South Korea.The shows will take place from 11-13 October 2019.
In a hypnotised state, Karel van Laere will hand over his body to choreographer Amos Ben-Tal and three dancers surrounded by a live audience. He will ask the dancers to look for physical borders, to experiment, and to make him the subject of their research as the “Non-Present Performer”. Afterwards, there will be a post-show discussion with hypnotist Joris Waayer, anaesthetist Rutger van Leersum, the dancers and the audience.
11 October 2019 at 19:00
12 & 13 October 2019 at 15:00
The venue will be announced later.
For more information and tickets, check out the MMCA website.
After the performances in Seoul, Karel van Laere and the filmmaker that records the performances continue their journey to Jeju-do for further shows.
- 8 Oct. → 24 Nov. '19Rome, ItalyAs part of a close collaboration with Dutch Performing Arts, Italian arts festival Romaeuropa presents shows by three Netherlands-based artists and companies: choreographer Arno Schuitemaker, youth dance company de Stilte, and music theatre company Oorkaan. The performances take place from 8 October - 24 November 2019 in Rome, Italy.
- 17 Nov. → 23 Nov. '19Huddersfield, United Kingdomhcmf// presents an extensive Dutch lineup for the second year running, as part of a three-year partnership with Dutch Performing Arts. This year the festival presents six concerts with Netherlands-based musicians and composers.
- 11 Jan. → 12 Jan. '20Washington, the United StatesMusic theatre company Oorkaan gives five performances of their show 'Glimpse' at the Kennedy Center in Washington.
- 12 Jan. → 12 Jan. '20New York, United StatesIn a showcase titled 'Sounds of the Dutch Underground', four Netherlands-based music groups will perform at Winter Jazzfest in New York, the United States. Performing as part of the Dutch showcase are: Binkbeats, Tin Men and the Telephone, Niels Broos & Jamie Peet, and Tineke Postma.
- 24 Apr. → 26 Apr. '20Washington, the United StatesYouth dance company De Dansers gives five performances of their show 'Pokon' at the Kennedy Center in Washington.