- 07 Jul. → 09 Jul. '16Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Moving Meetings Dance 2016Moving Meetings Dance 2016 presents emerging choreographers from the Netherlands and offers a divers programme during the day in addition to the evening programme of Julidans.This event (invitation only) is the ideal opportunity to connect with international programmers and artists and gives an insight on the newest developments of dance: contemporary and interdisciplinary, edgy and exciting. The programme takes place on different locations throughout Amsterdam.
On Thursday 7 July Moving Meetings Dance 2016 will kick off with an informal reception followed by the world premiere of Protagonist by Jefta van Dinther for Cullberg Ballet.
The programme on Friday 8 July is curated in collaboration with Dansmakers Amsterdam and the Moving Futures network. It presents a wide range of bookable up-and coming talents from the Netherlands like Cecilia Moisio, Connor Schumacher, Fernando Belfiore, Jasper van Luijk, Katja Heitmann and Sabine Molenaar. In the evening The Dry Piece XL by Keren Levi and TEFER by Itamar Serussi with Balletto di Roma can be seen as part of Julidans.
On Saturday 9 July the programme will be curated and hosted by Veem House for Performance, focussing on the new generation interdisciplinary dance makers such as Rodrigo Sobarzo, Orion Maxted and Ola Maciejewska. In the evening there is the possibility of seeing more performances of the Julidans programme.
A map with all the Moving Meetings Dance 2016 locations can be found here.
Do you have questions about the programme or registration possibilities? Please contact Norma Schiphof: firstname.lastname@example.org
Moving Meetings Dance is a project of Dutch Performing Arts and is organised by Julidans and the Dutch Dance Festival. Starting in 2015 Moving Meetings Dance takes place at the Dutch Dance Festival in Maastricht every other year, and at Julidans in Amsterdam every alternating year starting in 2016.
- 19 Sep. → 25 Oct. '18Rome, ItalyItalian arts festival Romaeuropa presents several performances of Dutch dance and children's music theatre.
- 24 Oct. → 28 Oct. '18Las Palmas, Gran Canaria, SpainTogether with open source network World Music Forum NL, Dutch Performing Arts is representing Dutch artists and music professionals at WOMEX.
- 24 Oct. → 3 Nov. '18Bologna, ItalyGender Bender is an international festival presenting new imagery related to gender identities, sexual orientations and body representations. The festival takes place in Bologna, Italy from 24 October-3 November with over 100 events ranging from film showings to theatrical productions and dance performances, visual arts exhibitions, installation, roundtables and conferences, performances by musicians and DJs and clubbing events.
- 26 Oct. → 28 Oct. '18Rotterdam, the NetherlandsAccording to many music lovers, Festival Jazz International Rotterdam is the place to discover new sounds, to meet fellow music lovers and professionals and to enjoy the best music. Small-scale in scheme, up close and personal with the musicians, and with sublime international programming and the hottest bands of the moment. In collaboration with Dutch Performing Arts, the festival organises a visitors' programme for international professionals and sessions for Dutch professionals about the UK and Irish jazz scenes.
- 2 Nov. → 11 Nov. '18's-Hertogenbosch, the NetherlandsNovember Music is an international music festival based in 's-Hertogenbosch, the Netherlands. Visitors of November Music 2018 can fully enjoy today's eclectic musical landscape. The festival showcases the prominent composers of our time. Not to mention top-notch ensembles, jazz & world pioneers, sound installations, and interdisciplinary productions. November Music takes place from 2-11 November.