- 07 Jul. → 09 Jul. '16Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Moving Meetings Dance 2016Moving Meetings Dance 2016 presents emerging choreographers from the Netherlands and offers a divers programme during the day in addition to the evening programme of Julidans.This event (invitation only) is the ideal opportunity to connect with international programmers and artists and gives an insight on the newest developments of dance: contemporary and interdisciplinary, edgy and exciting. The programme takes place on different locations throughout Amsterdam.
On Thursday 7 July Moving Meetings Dance 2016 will kick off with an informal reception followed by the world premiere of Protagonist by Jefta van Dinther for Cullberg Ballet.
The programme on Friday 8 July is curated in collaboration with Dansmakers Amsterdam and the Moving Futures network. It presents a wide range of bookable up-and coming talents from the Netherlands like Cecilia Moisio, Connor Schumacher, Fernando Belfiore, Jasper van Luijk, Katja Heitmann and Sabine Molenaar. In the evening The Dry Piece XL by Keren Levi and TEFER by Itamar Serussi with Balletto di Roma can be seen as part of Julidans.
On Saturday 9 July the programme will be curated and hosted by Veem House for Performance, focussing on the new generation interdisciplinary dance makers such as Rodrigo Sobarzo, Orion Maxted and Ola Maciejewska. In the evening there is the possibility of seeing more performances of the Julidans programme.
A map with all the Moving Meetings Dance 2016 locations can be found here.
Do you have questions about the programme or registration possibilities? Please contact Norma Schiphof: firstname.lastname@example.org
Moving Meetings Dance is a project of Dutch Performing Arts and is organised by Julidans and the Dutch Dance Festival. Starting in 2015 Moving Meetings Dance takes place at the Dutch Dance Festival in Maastricht every other year, and at Julidans in Amsterdam every alternating year starting in 2016.
Jasper van Luijk
Jasper van Luijk (1987) studied dance at the ArtEZ Dance Academy. When he was only 24 years old he was selected by Korzo to participate in the event Voorjaarsontwaken 2011 to create a choreography. This resulted in the piece Too many new beginnings, which was very well received.
- 8 Oct. → 24 Nov. '19Rome, ItalyAs part of a close collaboration with Dutch Performing Arts, Italian arts festival Romaeuropa presents shows by three Netherlands-based artists and companies: choreographer Arno Schuitemaker, youth dance company de Stilte, and music theatre company Oorkaan. The performances take place from 8 October - 24 November 2019 in Rome, Italy.
- 17 Nov. → 23 Nov. '19Huddersfield, United Kingdomhcmf// presents an extensive Dutch lineup for the second year running, as part of a three-year partnership with Dutch Performing Arts. This year the festival presents six concerts with Netherlands-based musicians and composers.
- 11 Jan. → 12 Jan. '20Washington, the United StatesMusic theatre company Oorkaan gives five performances of their show 'Glimpse' at the Kennedy Center in Washington.
- 12 Jan. → 12 Jan. '20New York, United StatesIn a showcase titled 'Sounds of the Dutch Underground', four Netherlands-based music groups will perform at Winter Jazzfest in New York, the United States. Performing as part of the Dutch showcase are: Binkbeats, Tin Men and the Telephone, Niels Broos & Jamie Peet, and Tineke Postma.
- 24 Apr. → 26 Apr. '20Washington, the United StatesYouth dance company De Dansers gives five performances of their show 'Pokon' at the Kennedy Center in Washington.