- 07 Jul. → 09 Jul. '16Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Moving Meetings Dance 2016Moving Meetings Dance 2016 presents emerging choreographers from the Netherlands and offers a divers programme during the day in addition to the evening programme of Julidans.This event (invitation only) is the ideal opportunity to connect with international programmers and artists and gives an insight on the newest developments of dance: contemporary and interdisciplinary, edgy and exciting. The programme takes place on different locations throughout Amsterdam.
On Thursday 7 July Moving Meetings Dance 2016 will kick off with an informal reception followed by the world premiere of Protagonist by Jefta van Dinther for Cullberg Ballet.
The programme on Friday 8 July is curated in collaboration with Dansmakers Amsterdam and the Moving Futures network. It presents a wide range of bookable up-and coming talents from the Netherlands like Cecilia Moisio, Connor Schumacher, Fernando Belfiore, Jasper van Luijk, Katja Heitmann and Sabine Molenaar. In the evening The Dry Piece XL by Keren Levi and TEFER by Itamar Serussi with Balletto di Roma can be seen as part of Julidans.
On Saturday 9 July the programme will be curated and hosted by Veem House for Performance, focussing on the new generation interdisciplinary dance makers such as Rodrigo Sobarzo, Orion Maxted and Ola Maciejewska. In the evening there is the possibility of seeing more performances of the Julidans programme.
A map with all the Moving Meetings Dance 2016 locations can be found here.
Do you have questions about the programme or registration possibilities? Please contact Norma Schiphof: firstname.lastname@example.org
Moving Meetings Dance is a project of Dutch Performing Arts and is organised by Julidans and the Dutch Dance Festival. Starting in 2015 Moving Meetings Dance takes place at the Dutch Dance Festival in Maastricht every other year, and at Julidans in Amsterdam every alternating year starting in 2016.
- 30 Aug. → 31 Aug. '19Reitdiepdal Groningen, the NetherlandsDutch Performing Arts and ZomerJazzFietsTour continue their close partnership to present Dutch work, musicians and bands to international music presenters. The international visitors' programme takes place on 30 & 31 August 2019 in Reitdiepdal Groningen, the Netherlands,
- 6 Sep. → 8 Sep. '19Utrecht, the NetherlandsIn collaboration wih Dutch Performing Arts, Gaudeamus Muziekweek 2019 organises an international visitors' programme for music presenters. The visitors' programme takes place from 6-8 September 2019 in Utrecht, the Netherlands.
- 18 Sep. → 28 Sep. '19Essen, GermanyYouth theatre company Theater Artemis will give 12 performances of their new production '(…..) - This piece doesn’t give a shit that its title is vague' at arts festival Ruhrtriennale. The company will perform from 18-28 September 2019 in Essen, Germany.
- 20 Sep. → 29 Sep. '19Moscow, RussiaDutch theatre for young audiences returns once more at international festival Gavroche with the support of Dutch Performing Arts. After having programmed a number of Dutch productions in 2013, the festival will present another 11 Dutch youth theatre productions during its 13th edition.
- 25 Sep. → 28 Sep. '19Amsterdam, the NetherlandsFestival 12 Point is coming to Amsterdam. The showcase event for emerging and innovative jazz musicians from Europe takes place from 25-28 September 2019 at the BIMHUIS in Amsterdam. Part of a collaboration between Dutch Performing Arts, 12 Points and the BIMHUIS, the 13th edition features a satellite programme (titled 'Orange Line') with Netherlands-based artists and an international visitors' programme.
- 31 Oct. → 2 Nov. '19Washington, the United StatesYouth theatre company Woest gives five performances of their show 'Balancing Bodies' at the Kennedy Center in Washington.
- 2 Nov. → 3 Nov. '19Washington, the United StatesYouth theatre company BonteHond gives four performances of their show 'Get 'M' at the Kennedy Center in Washington.
- 9 Nov. → 10 Nov. '19Washington, the United StatesYouth theatre company Maas Theater en Dans gives five performances of their show 'EGG-tion HERO' at the Kennedy Center in Washington.
- 11 Jan. → 12 Jan. '20Washington, the United StatesMusic theatre company Oorkaan gives five performances of their show 'Glimpse' at the Kennedy Center in Washington.
- 24 Apr. → 26 Apr. '20Washington, the United StatesYouth dance company De Dansers gives five performances of their show 'Pokon' at the Kennedy Center in Washington.