- 02 Jun. → 08 Jun. '19Novara, Italy
NovaraJazz 2019In collaboration with Dutch Performing Arts, jazz festival NovaraJazz presents a Dutch focus programme in June 2019.NovaraJazz is the main musical festival of the Italian city Novara, presenting a rich series of artistic residencies, workshops, exhibitions, literary and musical events. For the festival's 16th edition, Dutch Performing Arts supports a Dutch focus programme with three jazz musicians from the Netherlands.
The Dutch focus programme presents the following performances:
2 June 2019, 13:00 at Sala del Compasso
Ben van Gelder
8 June 2019, 11:00 at Basilica di San Gaudenzio
Reinier Baas & Ben van Gelder
8 June 2019, 19:00 at "Faraggiana Ferrandi" Natural History Museum
Reinier Baas & Simone Graziano of ensemble Frontal
7 June 2019, 22:30 on the main stage in Broletto
For more information and the full festival programme, visit the NovaraJazz website.
NovaraJazz organises innovative events to create a dialogue between different expressive styles, specifically for music (jazz and electronic) and visual arts (photography and video). Their aim is to promote the creation of new creative ensembles through artistic residencies, spreading jazz culture in the Novara area.
Having presented over 20 concerts with Dutch bands over the past years, NovaraJazz gained a reputation of having a strong focus on the Dutch music scene.
- 15 Aug. → 27 Oct. '19Shanghai, ChinaWith the support of Dutch Performing Arts, Shanghai-based Art Space for Kids organises a Dutch focus with three youth theatre companies, taking place at various venues in Beijing and Hangzhou, China. Performing are Theatergroep Kwatta, Dadodans and Oorkaan. The Dutch focus rus from August to October 2019.
- 8 Oct. → 24 Nov. '19Rome, ItalyAs part of a close collaboration with Dutch Performing Arts, Italian arts festival Romaeuropa presents shows by three Netherlands-based artists and companies: choreographer Arno Schuitemaker, youth dance company de Stilte, and music theatre company Oorkaan. The performances take place from 8 October - 24 November 2019 in Rome, Italy.
- 16 Oct. → 20 Oct. '19Shanghai, ChinaDutch Performing Arts organises a Dutch focus programme at performing arts fair ChinaSPAF in Shanghai. Joining us are (representatives of) Netherlands-based artists who will pitch their work to an international audience of arts professionals.
- 23 Oct. → 27 Oct. '19Tampere, FinlandPart of a continued collaboration with open source network World Music Forum NL, Dutch Performing Arts will represent Dutch artists and music professionals at WOMEX 2019. This year's edition takes place from 23-27 October 2019 in Tampere, Finland.
- 31 Oct. → 2 Nov. '19Washington, the United StatesYouth theatre company Woest gives five performances of their show 'Balancing Bodies' at the Kennedy Center in Washington.
- 2 Nov. → 3 Nov. '19Washington, the United StatesYouth theatre company BonteHond gives four performances of their show 'Get 'M' at the Kennedy Center in Washington.
- 7 Nov. → 9 Nov. '19's-Hertogenbosch, the NetherlandsFor the fifth year in a row, Dutch Performing Arts and music festival November Music closely collaborate on an international visitors' programme for music presenters. The visitors' programme takes place from 7-9 November 2019 in 's-Hertogenbosch, the Netherlands.
- 9 Nov. → 10 Nov. '19Washington, the United StatesYouth theatre company Maas theater en dans gives five performances of their show 'EGG-tion HERO' at the Kennedy Center in Washington.
- 11 Jan. → 12 Jan. '20Washington, the United StatesMusic theatre company Oorkaan gives five performances of their show 'Glimpse' at the Kennedy Center in Washington.
- 24 Apr. → 26 Apr. '20Washington, the United StatesYouth dance company De Dansers gives five performances of their show 'Pokon' at the Kennedy Center in Washington.