- 02 Jun. → 08 Jun. '19Novara, Italy
NovaraJazz 2019In collaboration with Dutch Performing Arts, jazz festival NovaraJazz presents a Dutch focus programme in June 2019.NovaraJazz is the main musical festival of the Italian city Novara, presenting a rich series of artistic residencies, workshops, exhibitions, literary and musical events. For the festival's 16th edition, Dutch Performing Arts supports a Dutch focus programme with three jazz musicians from the Netherlands.
The Dutch focus programme presents the following performances:
2 June 2019, 13:00 at Sala del Compasso
Ben van Gelder
8 June 2019, 11:00 at Basilica di San Gaudenzio
Reinier Baas & Ben van Gelder
8 June 2019, 19:00 at "Faraggiana Ferrandi" Natural History Museum
Reinier Baas & Simone Graziano of ensemble Frontal
7 June 2019, 22:30 on the main stage in Broletto
For more information and the full festival programme, visit the NovaraJazz website.
NovaraJazz organises innovative events to create a dialogue between different expressive styles, specifically for music (jazz and electronic) and visual arts (photography and video). Their aim is to promote the creation of new creative ensembles through artistic residencies, spreading jazz culture in the Novara area.
Having presented over 20 concerts with Dutch bands over the past years, NovaraJazz gained a reputation of having a strong focus on the Dutch music scene.
- 30 Aug. → 31 Aug. '19Reitdiepdal Groningen, the NetherlandsDutch Performing Arts and ZomerJazzFietsTour continue their close partnership to present Dutch work, musicians and bands to international music presenters. The international visitors' programme takes place on 30 & 31 August 2019 in Reitdiepdal Groningen, the Netherlands,
- 6 Sep. → 8 Sep. '19Utrecht, the NetherlandsIn collaboration wih Dutch Performing Arts, Gaudeamus Muziekweek 2019 organises an international visitors' programme for music presenters. The visitors' programme takes place from 6-8 September 2019 in Utrecht, the Netherlands.
- 18 Sep. → 28 Sep. '19Essen, GermanyYouth theatre company Theater Artemis will give 12 performances of their new production '(…..) - This piece doesn’t give a shit that its title is vague' at arts festival Ruhrtriennale. The company will perform from 18-28 September 2019 in Essen, Germany.
- 20 Sep. → 29 Sep. '19Moscow, RussiaDutch theatre for young audiences returns once more at international festival Gavroche with the support of Dutch Performing Arts. After having programmed a number of Dutch productions in 2013, the festival will present another 11 Dutch youth theatre productions during its 13th edition.
- 25 Sep. → 28 Sep. '19Amsterdam, the NetherlandsFestival 12 Point is coming to Amsterdam. The showcase event for emerging and innovative jazz musicians from Europe takes place from 25-28 September 2019 at the BIMHUIS in Amsterdam. Part of a collaboration between Dutch Performing Arts, 12 Points and the BIMHUIS, the 13th edition features a satellite programme (titled 'Orange Line') with Netherlands-based artists and an international visitors' programme.
- 31 Oct. → 2 Nov. '19Washington, the United StatesYouth theatre company Woest gives five performances of their show 'Balancing Bodies' at the Kennedy Center in Washington.
- 2 Nov. → 3 Nov. '19Washington, the United StatesYouth theatre company BonteHond gives four performances of their show 'Get 'M' at the Kennedy Center in Washington.
- 9 Nov. → 10 Nov. '19Washington, the United StatesYouth theatre company Maas Theater en Dans gives five performances of their show 'EGG-tion HERO' at the Kennedy Center in Washington.
- 11 Jan. → 12 Jan. '20Washington, the United StatesMusic theatre company Oorkaan gives five performances of their show 'Glimpse' at the Kennedy Center in Washington.
- 24 Apr. → 26 Apr. '20Washington, the United StatesYouth dance company De Dansers gives five performances of their show 'Pokon' at the Kennedy Center in Washington.