- 04 May. → 12 May. '19New York, United States
Oorkaan at BAMDutch music theatre company Oorkaan will perform their award-winning toddler production Glimpse at BAM, the Brooklyn Academy of Music in New York.Glimpse is a music performance for toddlers and their (grand)parents, in which musicians, music, images, technology and audiences embark on a special journey of friendship. The production won the 2015 YAMawards for Best Music Production of the Year and Best Small Ensemble.
Oorkaan will perform their show in a series of 12 concerts for families and school classes at BAM, the Brooklyn Academy of Music in New York.
4-5 May and 11-12 May at 10:30am and 3:30pm (for families), more info
7-11 May at 11:00am (for schools), more info
Part of Never Grow Up!
The performances of Oorkaan at BAM are part of Never Grow up!. Throughout 2019 Never Grow Up! presents an abundance of Dutch film, literature and performing arts for young audiences in the United States. A wide range of work from the Netherlands will be presented and shared at festivals, conferences and other platforms, all representing a respect for young people and dedication to youth culture as an autonomous art form.
More info at DutchCultureUSA.com/NeverGrowUp.
- 7 Feb. → 20 Jun. '19various cities, the NetherlandsIn collaboration with Dutch Performing Arts, festival Moving Futures organises an international visitors' programme. The festival takes places from February-June 2019 in various cities in the Netherlands.
- 29 Mar. → 31 Mar. '19The Hague, the NetherlandsRewire is an annual, international festival for adventurous music. The festival's ninth edition takes place from 29-31 March 2019 in The Hague, the Netherlands.
- 15 May. → 18 May. '19Rotterdam, the NetherlandsDutch Performing Arts and De Doelen are promoting the classical and contemporary music scene at the Dutch Pavilion during Classical:NEXT 2019. The global meeting for art music innovators takes place from 15-18 May 2019 in Rotterdam, the Netherlands.
- 17 May. → 26 May. '19Rotterdam, the NetherlandsOperadagen Rotterdam organises a professionals' programme, supported by Dutch Performing Arts.
- 29 May. → 2 Jun. '19Oranjewoud, the NetherlandsDutch Performing Arts is excited to collaborate with Oranjewoud Festival for the organisation of a visitors' programme. The festival runs from 29 May-2 June 2019 in Oranjewoud, the Netherlands.
- 5 Jun. → 11 Jun. '19Breda, the NetherlandsIn collaboration with Dutch Performing Arts, BRIKfestival (previously named Stiltefestival) organises an international visitors' programme. The festival takes places from 5-11 June 2019 in Breda, the Netherlands.