- 04 May. → 12 May. '19New York, United States
Oorkaan at BAMDutch music theatre company Oorkaan will perform their award-winning toddler production Glimpse at BAM, the Brooklyn Academy of Music in New York.Glimpse is a music performance for toddlers and their (grand)parents, in which musicians, music, images, technology and audiences embark on a special journey of friendship. The production won the 2015 YAMawards for Best Music Production of the Year and Best Small Ensemble.
Oorkaan will perform their show in a series of 12 concerts for families and school classes at BAM, the Brooklyn Academy of Music in New York.
Erin Coppens, Oorkaan's dramaturg and head of internationalisation, is excited about their upcoming series:
"Glimpse was the first production for toddlers we made and the creation process was an interesting journey into carefully creating a theatrical concert that would bring this very young audience into a special world where sound and images would meet. Ever since Glimpse won the YAMaward (Young Audience Music Award) for best music production for young audiences worldwide in 2015 we have been touring the production in many interesting concert halls, theatres and at festivals in both Europe and China. We are very honoured with the invitation by BAM to premiere Glimpse in the US and we are looking forward to performing it for both families and schoolchildren there, as part of the Never Grow Up! project."
4-5 May and 11-12 May at 10:30am and 3:30pm (for families), more info
7-11 May at 11:00am (for schools), more info
Part of Never Grow Up!
The performances of Oorkaan at BAM are part of Never Grow up!. Throughout 2019 Never Grow Up! presents an abundance of Dutch film, literature and performing arts for young audiences in the United States. A wide range of work from the Netherlands will be presented and shared at festivals, conferences and other platforms, all representing a respect for young people and dedication to youth culture as an autonomous art form.
More info at DutchCultureUSA.com/NeverGrowUp.
- 30 Aug. → 31 Aug. '19Reitdiepdal Groningen, the NetherlandsDutch Performing Arts and ZomerJazzFietsTour continue their close partnership to present Dutch work, musicians and bands to international music presenters. The international visitors' programme takes place on 30 & 31 August 2019 in Reitdiepdal Groningen, the Netherlands,
- 6 Sep. → 8 Sep. '19Utrecht, the NetherlandsIn collaboration wih Dutch Performing Arts, Gaudeamus Muziekweek 2019 organises an international visitors' programme for music presenters. The visitors' programme takes place from 6-8 September 2019 in Utrecht, the Netherlands.
- 18 Sep. → 28 Sep. '19Essen, GermanyYouth theatre company Theater Artemis will give 12 performances of their new production '(…..) - This piece doesn’t give a shit that its title is vague' at arts festival Ruhrtriennale. The company will perform from 18-28 September 2019 in Essen, Germany.
- 20 Sep. → 29 Sep. '19Moscow, RussiaDutch theatre for young audiences returns once more at international festival Gavroche with the support of Dutch Performing Arts. After having programmed a number of Dutch productions in 2013, the festival will present another 11 Dutch youth theatre productions during its 13th edition.
- 25 Sep. → 28 Sep. '19Amsterdam, the NetherlandsFestival 12 Point is coming to Amsterdam. The showcase event for emerging and innovative jazz musicians from Europe takes place from 25-28 September 2019 at the BIMHUIS in Amsterdam. Part of a collaboration between Dutch Performing Arts, 12 Points and the BIMHUIS, the 13th edition features a satellite programme (titled 'Orange Line') with Netherlands-based artists and an international visitors' programme.
- 31 Oct. → 2 Nov. '19Washington, the United StatesYouth theatre company Woest gives five performances of their show 'Balancing Bodies' at the Kennedy Center in Washington.
- 2 Nov. → 3 Nov. '19Washington, the United StatesYouth theatre company BonteHond gives four performances of their show 'Get 'M' at the Kennedy Center in Washington.
- 9 Nov. → 10 Nov. '19Washington, the United StatesYouth theatre company Maas Theater en Dans gives five performances of their show 'EGG-tion HERO' at the Kennedy Center in Washington.
- 11 Jan. → 12 Jan. '20Washington, the United StatesMusic theatre company Oorkaan gives five performances of their show 'Glimpse' at the Kennedy Center in Washington.
- 24 Apr. → 26 Apr. '20Washington, the United StatesYouth dance company De Dansers gives five performances of their show 'Pokon' at the Kennedy Center in Washington.