- 17 May. → 26 May. '19Rotterdam, the Netherlands
Operadagen Rotterdam / Operation Music Theatre 2019Operadagen Rotterdam organises a professionals' programme, supported by Dutch Performing Arts.Dutch Performing Arts works closely together with Operadagen Rotterdam to introduce and present (new) Dutch work, musicians and companies to international presenters. The festival's 14th edition takes place from 17-26 May 2019 in Rotterdam, the Netherlands.
Operadagen Rotterdam will guide a number of international programmers through the festival from 18-22 May. Part of the professionals' programme is Operation Music Theatre (Operatie Muziektheater), where international professionals are introduced to the important music theatre talent of today and tomorrow.
Want to know which international organisations will be attending? Check out the PDF at the bottom of this page.
For a first outline of the international visitors' programme, visit the Operadagen website.
About Operadagen Rotterdam
Operadagen Rotterdam is a ten-day festival that presents opera and music theatre as you have never seen it before. The international event presents over 100 performances in Rotterdam’s major theatres and other venues all around the city. On roofs and squares, in churches and parks. Metamorphosis, the highlight of every heroic epic, is the theme of this year's festival edition. Check out their website for the full festival programme.
The international visitors' programme is organised by Operadagen Rotterdam in collaboration with Dutch Performing Arts. The programme is made possible by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Netherlands.
- 30 Aug. → 31 Aug. '19Reitdiepdal Groningen, the NetherlandsDutch Performing Arts and ZomerJazzFietsTour continue their close partnership to present Dutch work, musicians and bands to international music presenters. The international visitors' programme takes place on 30 & 31 August 2019 in Reitdiepdal Groningen, the Netherlands,
- 6 Sep. → 8 Sep. '19Utrecht, the NetherlandsIn collaboration wih Dutch Performing Arts, Gaudeamus Muziekweek 2019 organises an international visitors' programme for music presenters. The visitors' programme takes place from 6-8 September 2019 in Utrecht, the Netherlands.
- 18 Sep. → 28 Sep. '19Essen, GermanyYouth theatre company Theater Artemis will give 12 performances of their new production '(…..) - This piece doesn’t give a shit that its title is vague' at arts festival Ruhrtriennale. The company will perform from 18-28 September 2019 in Essen, Germany.
- 20 Sep. → 29 Sep. '19Moscow, RussiaDutch theatre for young audiences returns once more at international festival Gavroche with the support of Dutch Performing Arts. After having programmed a number of Dutch productions in 2013, the festival will present another 11 Dutch youth theatre productions during its 13th edition.
- 25 Sep. → 28 Sep. '19Amsterdam, the NetherlandsFestival 12 Point is coming to Amsterdam. The showcase event for emerging and innovative jazz musicians from Europe takes place from 25-28 September 2019 at the BIMHUIS in Amsterdam. Part of a collaboration between Dutch Performing Arts, 12 Points and the BIMHUIS, the 13th edition features a satellite programme (titled 'Orange Line') with Netherlands-based artists and an international visitors' programme.
- 31 Oct. → 2 Nov. '19Washington, the United StatesYouth theatre company Woest gives five performances of their show 'Balancing Bodies' at the Kennedy Center in Washington.
- 2 Nov. → 3 Nov. '19Washington, the United StatesYouth theatre company BonteHond gives four performances of their show 'Get 'M' at the Kennedy Center in Washington.
- 9 Nov. → 10 Nov. '19Washington, the United StatesYouth theatre company Maas Theater en Dans gives five performances of their show 'EGG-tion HERO' at the Kennedy Center in Washington.
- 11 Jan. → 12 Jan. '20Washington, the United StatesMusic theatre company Oorkaan gives five performances of their show 'Glimpse' at the Kennedy Center in Washington.
- 24 Apr. → 26 Apr. '20Washington, the United StatesYouth dance company De Dansers gives five performances of their show 'Pokon' at the Kennedy Center in Washington.