- 24 Nov. → 25 Nov. '17Via Ostuni 8, Roma, Italy
Romaeuropa: Chi è il vero italiano?Italian arts festival Romaeuropa presents Dutch theatre, children's theatre and dance.Who is the real Italian? In answer to this question, Wunderbaum invites us to a real housing association meeting in an apartment block in the Quarticciolo neighbourhood of Rome.
Not just a staged performance, but an experience created by the group of Dutch and Flemish performers led by Marleen Scholten, who have always been working on building communities in which to rethink relations out of pre-established patterns. With its absurd and humorous tone, in fact, this one-of-a-kind company takes ordinary citizens, workers from various settings ranging from architecture to ecology, politics to sociology, law to literature, as well as socially excluded individuals such as homeless people, refugees and immigrants, and uses them as actors.
In Who is the real Italian? Sholten prepares a meeting that is as incredible as it is possible of a group of Quarticciolo residents and neighbours, who invite the audience to attend their own surreal housing association meeting, accompanied by live music.
- 19 Sep. → 25 Oct. '18Rome, ItalyItalian arts festival Romaeuropa presents several performances of Dutch dance and children's music theatre.
- 24 Oct. → 28 Oct. '18Las Palmas, Gran Canaria, SpainTogether with open source network World Music Forum NL, Dutch Performing Arts is representing Dutch artists and music professionals at WOMEX.
- 24 Oct. → 3 Nov. '18Bologna, ItalyGender Bender is an international festival presenting new imagery related to gender identities, sexual orientations and body representations. The festival takes place in Bologna, Italy from 24 October-3 November with over 100 events ranging from film showings to theatrical productions and dance performances, visual arts exhibitions, installation, roundtables and conferences, performances by musicians and DJs and clubbing events.
- 26 Oct. → 28 Oct. '18Rotterdam, the NetherlandsAccording to many music lovers, Festival Jazz International Rotterdam is the place to discover new sounds, to meet fellow music lovers and professionals and to enjoy the best music. Small-scale in scheme, up close and personal with the musicians, and with sublime international programming and the hottest bands of the moment. In collaboration with Dutch Performing Arts, the festival organises a visitors' programme for international professionals and sessions for Dutch professionals about the UK and Irish jazz scenes.
- 2 Nov. → 11 Nov. '18's-Hertogenbosch, the NetherlandsNovember Music is an international music festival based in 's-Hertogenbosch, the Netherlands. Visitors of November Music 2018 can fully enjoy today's eclectic musical landscape. The festival showcases the prominent composers of our time. Not to mention top-notch ensembles, jazz & world pioneers, sound installations, and interdisciplinary productions. November Music takes place from 2-11 November.