- 02 November MACRO Testaccio and La Pelanda, Piazza Orazio, Giustiniani 4, Rome, Italy
Romaeuropa: I will wait for youItalian arts festival Romaeuropa presents Dutch theatre, children's theatre and dance.I will wait for you: the words of a declaration of love, the beginning of a wait, the development of a distance. However, Arno Schuitemaker’s show with this title has nothing to do with any of this. Far from creating a narrative choreography, the Dutch choreographer (previously at Romaeuropa 2014 in the section dedicated to new European dance) has decided to move closer to a more performative and minimalist trend, draining the dance of all unnecessary frills and structuring a piece based on a single movement.
Schuitemaker, who moved into contemporary dance only after earning a degree in the field of technology, and who has always been interested in the theory of “mirror neurons”, always brings something profoundly scientific to his work.
Therefore, I will wait for you, while inspired by the feelings really experienced during a long-distance relationship, develops an abstract language: three dancers appear faintly in the dark, different shades of light change the perception of their bodies and space while a courageous sound environment surrounds viewers. Schuitemaker presents his most intimate and thoughtful performance; a visceral experience in which the act of watching and the audience’s expectations take on an active function.
- 22 May → 24 MayRotterdam, The NetherlandsOperadagen Rotterdam organises a professionals programme, supported by Dutch Performing Arts.
- 24 May → 26 MayUtrecht, the NetherlandsIn close collaboration with Spring Performing Arts Festival, Dutch Performing Arts organises a special visitors programme for international professionals.
- 24 May → 27 MayAmersfoortAmersfoort Jazz is a contempororary and dynamic international festival for World Jazz music, which takes place in the city of Amersfoort from 24 to 27 May, 2018.
- 29 May → 02 JuneParis, FranceTheatre Le Mouffetard, in collaboration with the Dutch embassy in France and Dutch Performing Arts, organises activities dedicated to Dutch object and puppet theatre.
- 11 June → 17 JuneLeeuwardenThe 102nd edition of the ISPA congress will be in Leeuwarden, the Netherlands. Leeuwarden-Friesland 2018 will host the congress. Dutch Performing Arts and Performing Arts Fund NL are financially supporting this edition.
- 28 June → 29 JuneRotterdaminJazz and Dutch Performing Arts are collaborating closely on an international programme to introduce (new) Dutch work, musicians and bands to international platforms.
- 02 July → 15 JulyAmsterdamJulidans is an international dance festival that runs from 2 to 15 July in Amsterdam, with a wide range of challenging productions and premieres.
- 20 July → 22 JulyHilversumFrom 20 to 22 July the Wonderfeel classical music festival is being staged in the midst of nature close to Hilversum.
- 06 September → 08 SeptemberAntwerpAre you a performing arts professional (programmer, curator, dramaturge...) with a clear interest in Dutch and Flemish work and willing to stay for a three-day programme?
- 05 October → 07 OctoberDe Krakeling, Amsterdam, the NetherlandsThis autumn De Krakeling, The Netherlands most famous theatre fully dedicated to a young audience, is celebrating its 40th anniversary!
- 24 October → 28 OctoberLas Palmas, Gran Canaria, SpainTogether with open source network World Music Forum NL, Dutch Performing Arts is representing Dutch artists and music professionals at WOMEX.