- 02 Nov. → 02 Nov. '17MACRO Testaccio and La Pelanda, Piazza Orazio, Giustiniani 4, Rome, Italy
Romaeuropa: I will wait for youItalian arts festival Romaeuropa presents Dutch theatre, children's theatre and dance.I will wait for you: the words of a declaration of love, the beginning of a wait, the development of a distance. However, Arno Schuitemaker’s show with this title has nothing to do with any of this. Far from creating a narrative choreography, the Dutch choreographer (previously at Romaeuropa 2014 in the section dedicated to new European dance) has decided to move closer to a more performative and minimalist trend, draining the dance of all unnecessary frills and structuring a piece based on a single movement.
Schuitemaker, who moved into contemporary dance only after earning a degree in the field of technology, and who has always been interested in the theory of “mirror neurons”, always brings something profoundly scientific to his work.
Therefore, I will wait for you, while inspired by the feelings really experienced during a long-distance relationship, develops an abstract language: three dancers appear faintly in the dark, different shades of light change the perception of their bodies and space while a courageous sound environment surrounds viewers. Schuitemaker presents his most intimate and thoughtful performance; a visceral experience in which the act of watching and the audience’s expectations take on an active function.
- 19 Sep. → 25 Oct. '18Rome, ItalyItalian arts festival Romaeuropa presents several performances of Dutch dance and children's music theatre.
- 24 Oct. → 28 Oct. '18Las Palmas, Gran Canaria, SpainTogether with open source network World Music Forum NL, Dutch Performing Arts is representing Dutch artists and music professionals at WOMEX.
- 24 Oct. → 3 Nov. '18Bologna, ItalyGender Bender is an international festival presenting new imagery related to gender identities, sexual orientations and body representations. The festival takes place in Bologna, Italy from 24 October-3 November with over 100 events ranging from film showings to theatrical productions and dance performances, visual arts exhibitions, installation, roundtables and conferences, performances by musicians and DJs and clubbing events.
- 26 Oct. → 28 Oct. '18Rotterdam, the NetherlandsAccording to many music lovers, Festival Jazz International Rotterdam is the place to discover new sounds, to meet fellow music lovers and professionals and to enjoy the best music. Small-scale in scheme, up close and personal with the musicians, and with sublime international programming and the hottest bands of the moment. In collaboration with Dutch Performing Arts, the festival organises a visitors' programme for international professionals and sessions for Dutch professionals about the UK and Irish jazz scenes.
- 2 Nov. → 11 Nov. '18's-Hertogenbosch, the NetherlandsNovember Music is an international music festival based in 's-Hertogenbosch, the Netherlands. Visitors of November Music 2018 can fully enjoy today's eclectic musical landscape. The festival showcases the prominent composers of our time. Not to mention top-notch ensembles, jazz & world pioneers, sound installations, and interdisciplinary productions. November Music takes place from 2-11 November.