- 18 August → 30 SeptemberRuhr Area, Germany
Ruhrtriënnale 2017Music, dance, theatre, performance and fine arts in the former industrial buildings of the Ruhr Area: that‘s the Ruhrtriennale. The Dutch programmes at the Ruhrtriennale are financially supported by Dutch Performing Arts.From 2015-2017, this art festival is taking place under the artistic leadership of the Dutch director Johan Simons. The theme of his programme in these three years will be “Seid umschlungen” (be embraced) – a gesture of social, political and geographical embracement.
The festival will take place in the period 18 August - 30 September 2017.
Some (Dutch) highlights of the festival:
Cosmopolis directed by Johan Simons. Coproduction with NTGent and Theater Rotterdam
Kleine Seelen (Louis Couperus) by Toneelgroep Amsterdam
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly by Joep Van Lieshout
The Dutch programmes are financially supported by Dutch Performing Arts.
Visit ruhrtriennale.de for more information about the programme, tickets, etc.
- 20 July → 22 JulyHilversumFrom 20 to 22 July the Wonderfeel classical music festival is being staged in the midst of nature close to Hilversum.
- 02 August → 12 August‘s-Hertogenbosch (The Netherlands)For eleven days in August, Theaterfestival Boulevard ‘s-Hertogenbosch (the Netherlands) presents a range of theatre, dance, music (theatre), street theatre and interdisciplinary productions. In collaboration with Dutch Performing Arts, the festival invites international professionals to attend the festival. The focus of the visitors' programme is twofold, highlighting dance (3-6 August) and theatre and performance (8-11 August).
- 05 September → 09 SeptemberUtrecht, The NetherlandsGaudeamus presents, organises, promotes, and supports the newest music by pioneering talent and has been an advocate of trailblazing composers around the world for 70 years. Gaudeamus organises an international visitors programme during Gaudeamus Muziekweek in collaboration with Dutch Performing Arts.
- 06 September → 08 SeptemberAntwerpAre you a performing arts professional (programmer, curator, dramaturge...) with a clear interest in Dutch and Flemish work and willing to stay for a three-day programme?
- 05 October → 07 OctoberDe Krakeling, Amsterdam, the NetherlandsDe Krakeling, the most famous theatre in the Netherlands that is fully dedicated to young audiences, is celebrating its 40th anniversary this autumn!
- 24 October → 28 OctoberLas Palmas, Gran Canaria, SpainTogether with open source network World Music Forum NL, Dutch Performing Arts is representing Dutch artists and music professionals at WOMEX.
- 02 November → 11 November's-HertogenboschNovember Music is an international music festival based in 's-Hertogenbosch, the Netherlands. Visitors of November Music 2018 can fully enjoy today's eclectic musical landscape. The festival showcases the prominent composers of our time. Not to mention top-notch ensembles, jazz & world pioneers, sound installations, and interdisciplinary productions. November Music takes place 2-11 November at various locations in the 's-Hertogenbosch.