- 18 May. → 19 May. '19London, United Kingdom
Sound Unbound 2019Dutch Performing Arts is excited to announce a brand-new collaboration with the Barbican and their festival Sound Unboud. The festival presents the widest and freshest selection of classical music for a new audience. Sound Unbound's third edition takes place on 18 & 19 May 2019 at various venues in London.The festival programme features the following Dutch artists:
Nora Fisher and Ragazze Quartet - 'Secret Diary of Nora Plain'
Saturday 18 May 2018, two performances
Nora Fisher and Marnix Dorrestein - 'Hush'
Sunday 19 May 2019, two performances
Ragazze Quartet - 'Radio Russia'
Sunday 19 May 2019, two performances
The exact times and locations are to be announced.
Head to the Barbican website for the full festival programme.
About Sound Unbound
Sound Unbound presents a line-up of artists for whom the boundaries between classical and contemporary, experimental and jazz are blurred – or never even existed in the first place.
The festival features over 70 short concerts in one weekend, spanning hundreds of years of music. Alongside new commissions, visitors can also hear some well-known classics, get close to some of the most versatile artists of our time and experience a myriad of different musical styles from across the ages. For the first time, Sound Unbound will be completely free.
- 23 Sep. → 9 Jun. '19Novara, ItalyIn collaboration with Dutch Performing Arts, jazz festival NovaraJazz presents a Dutch focus programme in June 2019.
- 7 Feb. → 20 Jun. '19various cities, the NetherlandsIn collaboration with Dutch Performing Arts, festival Moving Futures organises an international visitors' programme. The festival takes places from February-June 2019 in various cities in the Netherlands.
- 25 Apr. → 28 Apr. '19Bremen, GermanyDutch Performing Arts presents the Dutch jazz scene at jazzahead! in collaboration with inJazz/Buma Cultuur. The international trade fair and festival takes place from 25-28 April 2019 in Bremen, Germany.
- 2 May. → 10 May. '19Talinn, EstoniaDutch Performing Arts and Nieuw Geneco jointly promote the six Dutch composers whose work will be performed at ISCM World Music Days 2019. This year's edition takes place from 2-10 May 2019 in Talinn, Estonia.
- 4 May. → 12 May. '19New York, United StatesDutch music theatre company Oorkaan will perform their award-winning toddler production Glimpse at BAM, the Brooklyn Academy of Music in New York.
- 15 May. → 18 May. '19Rotterdam, the NetherlandsDutch Performing Arts and De Doelen are promoting the classical and contemporary music scene at the Dutch Pavilion during Classical:NEXT 2019. The global meeting for art music innovators takes place from 15-18 May 2019 in Rotterdam, the Netherlands.
- 17 May. → 26 May. '19Rotterdam, the NetherlandsOperadagen Rotterdam organises a professionals' programme, supported by Dutch Performing Arts.
- 29 May. → 2 Jun. '19Oranjewoud, the NetherlandsDutch Performing Arts is excited to collaborate with Oranjewoud Festival for the organisation of a visitors' programme. The festival runs from 29 May-2 June 2019 in Oranjewoud, the Netherlands.
- 5 Jun. → 11 Jun. '19Breda, the NetherlandsIn collaboration with Dutch Performing Arts, BRIK festival (previously named Stiltefestival) organises an international visitors' programme. The festival takes places from 5-11 June 2019 in Breda, the Netherlands. Performing arts professionals are invited to apply for the visitors' programme.
- 27 Jun. → 28 Jun. '19Rotterdam, the NetherlandsIn collaboration with Dutch Performing Arts, conference and festival inJazz organises an international visitors' programme to introduce (new) Dutch work, musicians and bands to international presenters. The event and visitors' programme take place on 27 & 28 June 2019 in Rotterdam, the Netherlands.
- 2 Jul. → 10 Jul. '19Amsterdam, the NetherlandsPart of a first-time collaboration with Dutch Performing Arts, Amsterdam Roots Festival organises an international visitors' programme. The festival takes place from 2-10 July 2019 in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.