- 16 May. → 25 May. '19Utrecht, the Netherlands
SPRING 2019 visitors' programmeIn close collaboration Dutch Performing Arts, performing arts festival SPRING organises a visitors' programme for international theatre and dance professionals. The festival runs from 16-25 May 2019 in Utrecht, the Netherlands.The international visitors' programme takes place from 23-25 May 2019. Invitations to the visitors' programmes are extended by the organising festival.
For its international guests the festival serves up an exquisite selection of performances, installations, artists' presentations and discussions. The international visitors' programme offers opportunities to meet emerging and pioneering performers who live and work in the Netherlands.
The selected performances include two world premieres:
'Something (out of nothing) - Kris Verdonck & ICK Amsterdam
'PERMANENT DESTRUCTION: The HM Concert' - Naomi Velissariou
For the full festival programme, visit the SPRING website.
Want to know which international organisations will be attending the international visitors' programme? Check out the PDF at the bottom of this page.
SPRING is an nternational platform for performance, theatre and dance works. Every year SPRING organises two festivals: the ten-day SPRING Performing Arts Festival in May and the three-day SPRING in autumn.
The May 2019 edition is about robots and humans, cultural identities and global relations, and people and the city. A colourful palette of ravishing dance shows and documentary theatre pieces, ironic humanoids and skillful bondage artists, Greek traditional dance and Indonesian noise music come together in a theatrical journey around the world and into Utrecht.
The international visitors' programme is organised by SPRING in collaboration with Dutch Performing Arts. The programme is made possible by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Netherlands.
- 23 Sep. → 9 Jun. '19Novara, ItalyIn collaboration with Dutch Performing Arts, jazz festival NovaraJazz presents a Dutch focus programme in June 2019.
- 7 Feb. → 20 Jun. '19various cities, the NetherlandsIn collaboration with Dutch Performing Arts, festival Moving Futures organises an international visitors' programme. The festival takes places from February-June 2019 in various cities in the Netherlands.
- 17 May. → 26 May. '19Rotterdam, the NetherlandsOperadagen Rotterdam organises a professionals' programme, supported by Dutch Performing Arts.
- 29 May. → 2 Jun. '19Oranjewoud, the NetherlandsDutch Performing Arts is excited to collaborate with Oranjewoud Festival for the organisation of a visitors' programme. The festival runs from 29 May-2 June 2019 in Oranjewoud, the Netherlands.
- 30 May. → 2 Jun. '19Amsterdam, the NetherlandsIn collaboration with Dutch Performing Arts, DAS Theatre organises an international visitors' programme that presents exciting fresh works to international theatre presenters.
- 5 Jun. → 11 Jun. '19Breda, the NetherlandsIn collaboration with Dutch Performing Arts, BRIK festival (previously named Internationaal Stiltefestival) organises an international visitors' programme. The festival takes places from 5-11 June 2019 in Breda, the Netherlands. Performing arts professionals are invited to apply for the visitors' programme.
- 14 Jun. → 23 Jun. '19Terschelling, the NetherlandsIn collaboration with Dutch Performing Arts, landscape arts festival Oerol invites theatre presenters to its international visitors' programme. The international visitors' programme runs from 20-23 June 2019 on the island of Terschelling, the Netherlands.
- 27 Jun. → 28 Jun. '19Rotterdam, the NetherlandsIn collaboration with Dutch Performing Arts, conference and festival inJazz organises an international visitors' programme to introduce (new) Dutch work, musicians and bands to international presenters. The event and visitors' programme take place on 27 & 28 June 2019 in Rotterdam, the Netherlands.
- 2 Jul. → 10 Jul. '19Amsterdam, the NetherlandsPart of a first-time collaboration with Dutch Performing Arts, Amsterdam Roots Festival organises an international visitors' programme. The festival takes place from 2-10 July 2019 in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
- 2 Jul. → 14 Jul. '19Amsterdam, the NetherlandsFor the third year in a row, Dutch Performing Arts partners up with dance festival Julidans. The festival organises an international visitors' programme to present a wide range of Dutch productions and premieres to international presenters.
- 1 Aug. → 11 Aug. '19's-Hertogenbosch, the NetherlandsIn collaboration with Dutch Performing Arts, Theaterfestival Boulevard invites theatre professionals to its international visitors' programme. From 1-11 August 2019 the festival in ‘s-Hertogenbosch, the Netherlands presents a range of (music) theatre, dance, street theatre and interdisciplinary productions.