- 06 September → 08 SeptemberAntwerp
TheaterFestival AntwerpAre you a performing arts professional (programmer, curator, dramaturge...) with a clear interest in Dutch and Flemish work and willing to stay for a three-day programme?Flanders Arts Institute, TheaterFestival Flanders and Dutch Performing Arts are organising Highlights from the Lowlands, an international visitors’ programme during this summer’s Theaterfestival in Antwerp. The programme will allow a group of international performing arts professionals to immerse themselves in the work of artists and arts organisations in Flanders, Brussels and The Netherlands.
In a short frame of time participants will get to see as much performances as possible, have exchanges with artists and peers, and have the chance to meet different Flemish and Dutch artists and companies in person. This programme will focus on theatre and interdisciplinary works with the potential of going international.
We are looking for professionals with an interest in Flemish and Dutch work, who can be there during the full 3 days. Contact Marijke De Moor via firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in participating.
The programme includes reflection and inspiration on new-urban creation, a programme curated by Dries Douibi (Beursschouwburg, Brussels), Marieke De Munck (Vooruit, Ghent), Viktorien Van Hulst (Boulevard Festival, 's Hertogenbosch) and Inge Koks (Podium Mozaïek, Amsterdam), different meeting moments and performances from the TheaterFestival selection. The programme contains a selection of contemporary Flemish and Dutch performing arts with an international potential. We will also bring you to a number of inspiring art spaces in Antwerp and have a trip to Ghent. International programmers will attend a large number of performances and presentations in a short period of time and will personally get to know Flemish and Dutch artists and companies.
- 22 May → 24 MayRotterdam, The NetherlandsOperadagen Rotterdam organises a professionals programme, supported by Dutch Performing Arts.
- 24 May → 26 MayUtrecht, the NetherlandsIn close collaboration with Spring Performing Arts Festival, Dutch Performing Arts organises a special visitors programme for international professionals.
- 24 May → 27 MayAmersfoortAmersfoort Jazz is a contempororary and dynamic international festival for World Jazz music, which takes place in the city of Amersfoort from 24 to 27 May, 2018.
- 29 May → 02 JuneParis, FranceTheatre Le Mouffetard, in collaboration with the Dutch embassy in France and Dutch Performing Arts, organises activities dedicated to Dutch object and puppet theatre.
- 11 June → 17 JuneLeeuwardenThe 102nd edition of the ISPA congress will be in Leeuwarden, the Netherlands. Leeuwarden-Friesland 2018 will host the congress. Dutch Performing Arts and Performing Arts Fund NL are financially supporting this edition.
- 28 June → 29 JuneRotterdaminJazz and Dutch Performing Arts are collaborating closely on an international programme to introduce (new) Dutch work, musicians and bands to international platforms.
- 02 July → 15 JulyAmsterdamJulidans is an international dance festival that runs from 2 to 15 July in Amsterdam, with a wide range of challenging productions and premieres.
- 20 July → 22 JulyHilversumFrom 20 to 22 July the Wonderfeel classical music festival is being staged in the midst of nature close to Hilversum.
- 05 October → 07 OctoberDe Krakeling, Amsterdam, the NetherlandsThis autumn De Krakeling, The Netherlands most famous theatre fully dedicated to a young audience, is celebrating its 40th anniversary!
- 24 October → 28 OctoberLas Palmas, Gran Canaria, SpainTogether with open source network World Music Forum NL, Dutch Performing Arts is representing Dutch artists and music professionals at WOMEX.