- 24 October → 28 OctoberLas Palmas, Gran Canaria, Spain
Womex 2018Together with open source network World Music Forum NL, Dutch Performing Arts is representing Dutch artists and music professionals at WOMEX.Womex is an international networking platform for the world music industry. This annual five-day event will take place in Las Palmas (Gran Canaria), Spain, from 24 – 28 October, 2018. Womex – the World Music Expo – is the most international music meeting in the world and the biggest conference of the global music scene, featuring a trade fair, talks, films and a showcase festival. Over 2,600 professionals including 300 performing artists come together every October from more than 90 countries, making Womex not only the number one networking platform for the world music industry, but also the most diverse music meeting worldwide.
7 stages, 700+ exhibiting companies, 80 speakers, films, an opening concert and an award ceremony across five packed networking days and rather short nights. Since 1994 WOMEX has been travelling all across Europe from Berlin (1994), via Brussels (1995), Marseille (1997), Stockholm (1998), Berlin (1999 + 2000), Rotterdam (2001), Essen (2002 + 2004), Newcastle (2005), Sevilla (2003 + 2006 - 2008), Copenhagen (2009-2011), Thessaloniki (2012) to Cardiff (2013), Budapest (2015), Santiago de Compostela (2014 + 2016) and Katowice (2017).
The 24th edition of Womex will take place in Las Palmas, Gran Canaria, from Wednesday, 24 to Sunday, 28 October 2018. Local hosts and partners for WOMEX 18 are Mirmidón and Nordesía.
Call for proposals: Deadline 16 March 2018
Registration and stand booking will open in Spring 2018
- 22 May → 24 MayRotterdam, The NetherlandsOperadagen Rotterdam organises a professionals programme, supported by Dutch Performing Arts.
- 24 May → 26 MayUtrecht, the NetherlandsIn close collaboration with Spring Performing Arts Festival, Dutch Performing Arts organises a special visitors programme for international professionals.
- 24 May → 27 MayAmersfoortAmersfoort Jazz is a contempororary and dynamic international festival for World Jazz music, which takes place in the city of Amersfoort from 24 to 27 May, 2018.
- 29 May → 02 JuneParis, FranceTheatre Le Mouffetard, in collaboration with the Dutch embassy in France and Dutch Performing Arts, organises activities dedicated to Dutch object and puppet theatre.
- 11 June → 17 JuneLeeuwardenThe 102nd edition of the ISPA congress will be in Leeuwarden, the Netherlands. Leeuwarden-Friesland 2018 will host the congress. Dutch Performing Arts and Performing Arts Fund NL are financially supporting this edition.
- 28 June → 29 JuneRotterdaminJazz and Dutch Performing Arts are collaborating closely on an international programme to introduce (new) Dutch work, musicians and bands to international platforms.
- 02 July → 15 JulyAmsterdamJulidans is an international dance festival that runs from 2 to 15 July in Amsterdam, with a wide range of challenging productions and premieres.
- 20 July → 22 JulyHilversumFrom 20 to 22 July the Wonderfeel classical music festival is being staged in the midst of nature close to Hilversum.
- 06 September → 08 SeptemberAntwerpAre you a performing arts professional (programmer, curator, dramaturge...) with a clear interest in Dutch and Flemish work and willing to stay for a three-day programme?
- 05 October → 07 OctoberDe Krakeling, Amsterdam, the NetherlandsThis autumn De Krakeling, The Netherlands most famous theatre fully dedicated to a young audience, is celebrating its 40th anniversary!