- 24 October → 28 OctoberLas Palmas, Gran Canaria, Spain
Womex 2018Together with open source network World Music Forum NL, Dutch Performing Arts is representing Dutch artists and music professionals at WOMEX.WOMEX is an international networking platform for the world music industry. This annual five-day event will take place in Las Palmas (Gran Canaria), Spain, from 24 – 28 October, 2018. WOMEX – the World Music Expo – is the most international music meeting in the world and the biggest conference of the global music scene, featuring a trade fair, talks, films and a showcase festival. Over 2,600 professionals including 300 performing artists come together every October from more than 90 countries, making WOMEX not only the number one networking platform for the world music industry, but also the most diverse music meeting worldwide.
Highlights from the Lowlands
During the trade fair, you'll find a collection of Dutch stands, representing the Dutch participants.
Three Dutch music groups will be spotlighted at WOMEX, giving an off-WOMEX showcase. The exact date and time of their shows are to be announced.
7 stages, 700+ exhibiting companies, 80 speakers, films, an opening concert and an award ceremony across five packed networking days and rather short nights. Since 1994 WOMEX has been travelling all across Europe from Berlin (1994), via Brussels (1995), Marseille (1997), Stockholm (1998), Berlin (1999 + 2000), Rotterdam (2001), Essen (2002 + 2004), Newcastle (2005), Sevilla (2003 + 2006 - 2008), Copenhagen (2009-2011), Thessaloniki (2012) to Cardiff (2013), Budapest (2015), Santiago de Compostela (2014 + 2016) and Katowice (2017).
The 24th edition of WOMEX will take place in Las Palmas, Gran Canaria, from Wednesday, 24 to Sunday, 28 October 2018. Local hosts and partners for WOMEX 18 are Mirmidón and Nordesía.
Registration and stand booking open in spring 2018.
For more information, visit the WOMEX website.
- 20 July → 22 JulyHilversumFrom 20 to 22 July the Wonderfeel classical music festival is being staged in the midst of nature close to Hilversum.
- 02 August → 12 August‘s-Hertogenbosch (The Netherlands)For eleven days in August, Theaterfestival Boulevard ‘s-Hertogenbosch (the Netherlands) presents a range of theatre, dance, music (theatre), street theatre and interdisciplinary productions.
- 05 September → 09 SeptemberUtrecht, The NetherlandsGaudeamus presents, organises, promotes, and supports the newest music by pioneering talent and has been an advocate of trailblazing composers around the world for 70 years. Gaudeamus organises an international visitors programme during Gaudeamus Muziekweek in collaboration with Dutch Performing Arts.
- 06 September → 08 SeptemberAntwerpAre you a performing arts professional (programmer, curator, dramaturge...) with a clear interest in Dutch and Flemish work and willing to stay for a three-day programme?
- 25 September → 13 OctoberMarseilleIn collaboration with Dutch Performing Arts, the 18th edition of interdisciplinary festival Actoral will spotlight the work of 8 Dutch makers and companies in a special programme titled Temps fort Pays-Bas.
- 05 October → 07 OctoberDe Krakeling, Amsterdam, the NetherlandsDe Krakeling, the most famous theatre in the Netherlands that is fully dedicated to young audiences, is celebrating its 40th anniversary this autumn!
- 02 November → 11 November's-HertogenboschNovember Music is an international music festival based in 's-Hertogenbosch, the Netherlands. Visitors of November Music 2018 can fully enjoy today's eclectic musical landscape. The festival showcases the prominent composers of our time. Not to mention top-notch ensembles, jazz & world pioneers, sound installations, and interdisciplinary productions. November Music takes place 2-11 November at various locations in the 's-Hertogenbosch.