- 23 Oct. → 27 Oct. '19Tampere, Finland
WOMEX 2019Part of a continued collaboration with open source network World Music Forum NL, Dutch Performing Arts will represent Dutch artists and music professionals at WOMEX 2019. This year's edition takes place from 23-27 October 2019 in Tampere, Finland.WOMEX – the World Music Expo – is the leading international networking platform for the world music industry. The world's biggest conference of the global music scene features a trade fair, talks, films and a showcase festival.
Come visit the Dutch stands
During the trade fair, you'll find a collection of stands representing the Dutch participants. Come find them at the first floor of the Tampere Hall, booths 1.30-1.33.
World Music Forum NL and Dutch Performing Arts also organise a trade dinner and reception on 24 & 25 October (invitation only).
Dutch spotlight acts
Every year World Music Forum NL offers an exciting selection of promising Netherlands-based talent that will be promoted during WOMEX. This time hand-picked by jurymembers Frank Bolder (programmer LantarenVenster, North Sea Jazz), Miriam Brenner (manager Kokako Music) and Charlie Crooijmans (independent music journalist).
Their picks: Dr. Jordan Institute, Magda Mendes and Mehmet Polat & Embracing Colours. Although each plays a different melody, they all represent a typical sound from the Dutch delta. Challenging crossovers between different streams becoming new rivers for the future.
For more information about the Dutch spotlight acts and a comprehensive overview of the world music scene in the Netherlands, browse the Dutch World Directory 2020 by World Music Forum NL.
Over 2,700 professionals (including 300 performing artists) come together every October from more than 90 countries, making WOMEX not only the number one networking platform for the world music industry, but also the most diverse music meeting worldwide. 7 stages, 750+ exhibiting companies, 100 speakers, films, an opening concert and an award ceremony across five packed networking days and rather short nights.
For more information and the full conference programme, visit the WOMEX website.
- 15 Aug. → 27 Oct. '19Shanghai, ChinaWith the support of Dutch Performing Arts, Shanghai-based Art Space for Kids organises a Dutch focus with three youth theatre companies, taking place at various venues in Beijing and Hangzhou, China. Performing are Theatergroep Kwatta, Dadodans and Oorkaan. The Dutch focus rus from August to October 2019.
- 8 Oct. → 24 Nov. '19Rome, ItalyAs part of a close collaboration with Dutch Performing Arts, Italian arts festival Romaeuropa presents shows by three Netherlands-based artists and companies: choreographer Arno Schuitemaker, youth dance company de Stilte, and music theatre company Oorkaan. The performances take place from 8 October - 24 November 2019 in Rome, Italy.
- 16 Oct. → 20 Oct. '19Shanghai, ChinaDutch Performing Arts organises a Dutch focus programme at performing arts fair ChinaSPAF in Shanghai. Joining us are (representatives of) Netherlands-based artists who will pitch their work to an international audience of arts professionals.
- 31 Oct. → 2 Nov. '19Washington, the United StatesYouth theatre company Woest gives five performances of their show 'Balancing Bodies' at the Kennedy Center in Washington.
- 2 Nov. → 3 Nov. '19Washington, the United StatesYouth theatre company BonteHond gives four performances of their show 'Get 'M' at the Kennedy Center in Washington.
- 7 Nov. → 9 Nov. '19's-Hertogenbosch, the NetherlandsFor the fifth year in a row, Dutch Performing Arts and music festival November Music closely collaborate on an international visitors' programme for music presenters. The visitors' programme takes place from 7-9 November 2019 in 's-Hertogenbosch, the Netherlands.
- 9 Nov. → 10 Nov. '19Washington, the United StatesYouth theatre company Maas theater en dans gives five performances of their show 'EGG-tion HERO' at the Kennedy Center in Washington.
- 11 Jan. → 12 Jan. '20Washington, the United StatesMusic theatre company Oorkaan gives five performances of their show 'Glimpse' at the Kennedy Center in Washington.
- 24 Apr. → 26 Apr. '20Washington, the United StatesYouth dance company De Dansers gives five performances of their show 'Pokon' at the Kennedy Center in Washington.