- 25 Mar. '19
For performing arts professionals: Discussion about artistic freedom abroadThe Performing Arts Fund NL and DutchCulture invite Dutch (performing) arts professionals for an interactive discussion about artistic freedom of those who work abroad.Dutch (performing) arts professionals who travel abroad for work are faced with new worlds, different audiences, unexpected encounters and new inspiration.
Working abroad also urges you to reflect on your own identity and how this relates to 'the other'. Would you make changes to your work if requested? What would you do if the regime of the country where you're invited to perform clashes with human rights and tolerant values? Does your role and responsibility as an artist outweigh the need to showcase your work? What makes up the compass that guides you?
Date: 15 April 2019
Time: 13.00-17.00, followed by a networking opportunity
Location: Het Huis Utrecht, Boorstraat 107, 3513 SE Utrecht
This programme helps (performing) arts professionals with international ambitions to make thoughtful decisions. A keynote talk by Lionel Veer, consul general in Saint Petersburg and former human rights ambassador, and a number of thought-provoking examples with a range of outcomes form the starting point of an interactive discussion.
Arts professionals who have experience in navigating these challenges while working abroad are also warmly invited to join the conversation.
Please register by 5 April 2019 by filling out the registration form.
- 4 Jul. '19The Performing Arts Market in Seoul (PAMS) invites performing arts professionals to send in their new project for PAMS Pitching. Selected projects will be presented on 8-10 October 2019 in Seoul, South Korea during PAMS 2019.
- 26 Jun. '19K3 | Tanzplan Hamburg invites choreographers to apply for their residency programme. The programme provides three eight-month residencies to choreographers who are currently at the beginning of their career and have produced some choreographic work of their own.
- 6 Jun. '19Dance network Aerowaves invites talented emerging choreographers based in Europe to apply for the Aerowaves Twenty20.
- 30 May. '19The official programme’s call for submissions will open earlier than usual. CINARS Biennale will welcome submissions from September to the end of October 2019.
- 29 May. '19The internationale tanzmesse nrw welcomes proposals for its 2020 festival.
- 15 May. '19IUGTE invites actors, dancers and directors to apply for their International Physical Theatre Workshop, taking place from 10-17 June 2019 in Leitring, Austria.
- 10 May. '19Theatremaker and visual artist Julian Hetzel represents the Netherlands at the Prague Quadrennial next month. With the support of Dutch Performing Arts and Creative Industries Fund NL, Hetzel's performative installation 'SELF' will be presented from 6-16 June 2019.
- 7 May. '19NIPAI (New International Performing Arts Institute) organises a new 18-month programme for (aspiring) directors, movement directors, actors coaches, choreographers, arts managers and creative leaders.
- 30 Apr. '19Dutch Performing Arts is pleased to expand its network of theatre and dance partners for the organisation of international visitors' programmes with three more organisations.
- 29 Apr. '19Every year on 29 April we celebrate International Dance Day. This worldwide celebration of dance is an initiative of the Dance Committee of the International Theatre Institute (ITI).
- 10 Apr. '19Archa Theatre invites performing arts professionals and students to apply for their summer school, taking place from 23 August - 6 September 2019 in Prague, Czech Republic.
- 8 Apr. '19Be Mobile-Create Together! offers emerging artists and authors the opportunity to reside in well-reputed artist residencies across France, Germany, the Netherlands and Turkey, covering all costs related to travel, transportation and artwork production.
- 26 Mar. '19Are you a Germany-based company or artist whose dance production is invited to perform in a foreign country? Or is your (international) coproduction realised in Germany? Then you are eligible to apply for the International Guest Performance Fund for Dance or for the Coproduction Fund for Dance.
- 12 Mar. '19Throughout 2019 Dutch Performing Arts continues to collaborate with renowned Dutch festivals for the organisation of visitors' programmes aimed at music, dance and (music) theatre presenters.
- 12 Mar. '19Throughout 2019 Dutch Performing Arts continues to collaborate with renowned Dutch festivals for the organisation of visitors' programmes. Invitations to the visitors' programmes are extended by the organising festivals.
- 20 Feb. '19The Festival Academy invites festival makers to apply for the 16th edition of Atelier NEXT, taking place from 13-19 November 2019 in the Eurometropolis region (Belgium/France).
- 22 Jan. '19RESHAPE wants to (re)imagine new models of organising the arts sector. The organisation invites artists and cultural workers from Europe and the South Mediterranean to submit alternative models of working together or to engage audiences in innovative ways.
- 10 Jan. '19Busan International Performing Arts Festival (BIPAF) is hosting a competition for street arts called Dynamic Street.
- 13 Dec. '18Altofest invites professional artists in the performing arts to send in their proposal for Altofest 2019.
- load more...