- 13 Feb. '18
Open Call SICK! Festival CommissionsIn collaboration with Dutch Performing Arts, SICK! Festival is offering two commissions of €4,500 for early- to mid-career artists based in the Netherlands.The commissions are designed to develop new works of contemporary performance and dance that resonate with the festival’s thematic interests for presentation as part of SICK! Festival in March 2019. Through partnerships with Manchester’s diverse communities, its health and charity sectors, academic institutions and other arts organisations, we will invite selected artists to bring their own personal and artistic perspectives to issues of urgent importance to this fast-changing city. We are particularly interested in works that reflect the physical, mental and social challenges faced by individuals and communities in Manchester. We are seeking applications from artists who can demonstrate a strong working methodology rooted in substantial research and/or personal experience. In particular, we are seeking works which, whilst potentially rooted in personal experience, have scope beyond the autobiographical. As well as demonstrating a rich development practice, the artists we select will also possess the ability to create engaging, high-quality public works of power and originality.
Successful applicants will benefit from:
Residency time with technical support and accommodation
Dramaturgical support from SICK! Festival’s highly experienced creative team
Professional support in developing applications to other funders for the development of the project
Opportunities to collaborate with academic, clinical or other professionals and individuals with personal experience of the subject addressed.
Opportunities to premiere the finished work within SICK! Festival 2019
Great art changes lives when it changes the way people feel and think about their bodies, minds and communities. SICK! Festival empowers diverse communities to confront the physical, mental and social challenges that we face in our individual and collective lives. Through creation, presentation and public conversation, SICK! places outstanding art at the heart of positive health and health at the heart of outstanding art. SICK! Festival believes in fairness, equity and above all values diversity and inclusion in all dealings, both as provider of services and employers. SICK! Festival is committed to promoting equality, talking discrimination and fostering good relationships between diverse groups of people. We are committed to eliminating discrimination based on gender, age, disability, race, religion or belief, sexuality, gender reassignment, pregnancy/maternity, civil partnerships/marriage or social class.
How to apply
Please send an application document outlining the following on a maximum of 2 sides of A4:
Your artistic practice, areas of focus and track-record
The concept for which you are applying (the project itself must be in English)
What impact you anticipate the commission will have on the development of the work
Links to videos of your work
Your own contact details
Contact details of one referenceInformation provided in excess of 2 sides of A4 will be disregarded.
In addition please provide:
An indicative budget for development and presentation including additional anticipated funding
An outline project development schedule
Completed Equal Opportunities form (This is to enable us to assess the reach of our call out and will not be used for assessment purposes.)
If you require any additional support or information regarding your application, please call 01273 699733, or contact email@example.com Applications must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by 10am on Monday 12 March 2018. Shortlisted artists will be interviewed by Skype during the week commencing Monday 19th March 2018.
Learn more and apply here.
- 10 Jan. '19Busan International Performing Arts Festival (BIPAF) is hosting a competition for street arts called Dynamic Street.
- 13 Dec. '18Altofest invites professional artists in the performing arts to send in their proposal for Altofest 2019.
- 24 Oct. '18Together with Dutch Performing Arts a delegation of six Dutch dance and theatremakers travelled to Seoul in October to visit the Performing Arts Market Seoul (PAMS). They received a contribution from Dutch Performing Arts for their visit aimed at promoting, researching and/or networking for a Dutch theatre or dance company.
- 22 Oct. '18NAVE opens their Artes Vivas International Call 2019, aimed at artists interested in presenting creation and research projects within the field of 'Artes Vivas' ('living arts'), whether as individual, company or collective.
- 14 Aug. '18
For residents of Egypt, Morocco, Russia, and Turkey: Apply for ISPA´s Netherlands Fellowship Programme 2019Following our earlier call, ISPA offers an additional place in the Netherlands Fellowship Programme, supported by Dutch Performing Arts. The programme provides access to ISPA's extensive international network of arts professionals to mid-career leaders from the performing arts community. This call is open to residents of Egypt, Morocco, Russia, and Turkey.
- 8 Aug. '18Are you a Netherlands-based maker in field of theatre or dance, or (artistic) director/ representative of a Dutch theatre or dance company, and thinking about going to Performing Arts Market in Seoul (PAMS) 2018? Then you could get a contribution for your visit.
- 26 Jun. '18K3 | Tanzplan Hamburg provides three eight-month residencies to emerging choreographers who have produced some choreographic work of their own.
- 11 Jun. '18Dance network Aerowaves invites talented emerging choreographers based in Europe to apply for the Aerowaves Twenty.
- 30 May. '18Dutch Performing Arts promotes Dutch music, theatre and dance abroad. These animation and infographics provide an overview of our activities in 2017.
- 30 May. '18This coming summer there are several Dutch performances in the context of Dutch Performing Arts | En France.
- 28 May. '18The Netherlands Fellowship Program provides access to ISPA's extensive international network of arts professionals to mid-career leaders from the Netherlands' performing arts community.
- 4 Apr. '18Dutch Performing Arts will continue its organisation of visitors programmes around and with some of the most important Dutch festivals in 2018, to highlight the huge variety of Dutch performers and companies.
- 19 Mar. '18CINARS offers a unique opportunity to display a work in progress in front of presenters, artists and agents taking part in the CINARS Biennale in Montreal from 12-17 November, 2018.
- 5 Mar. '18Performing artists can now apply to perform at the International Performing Arts for Youth Showcase Festival 2019 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- 13 Feb. '18The International Society for the Performing Arts (ISPA) is now accepting applications for Pitch New Works, a forum for creators and presenters to promote their new performing arts projects that are in development, or that have recently premiered.
- 1 Feb. '18Performing Arts Market in Seoul (PAMS) has an Open Call for an international showcase programme. PAMS takes place in October 2018.
- 29 Jan. '18PACT Zollverein is offering a residency programme for the development and realisation of projects and productions, which is open to professional artists from both Germany and abroad working in the fields of dance, performance and media art.
- 28 Dec. '17AltoFest is looking for artists in the performing arts field for AltoFest 2018. AltoFest is an international festival of performing arts and trans-disciplinary interventions. The next edition will run 4-8 July, 2018 in Naples.
- 21 Dec. '17This call is open for Dutch entries, information is in Dutch.Platform-Scenography nodigt scenografen, ontwerpers, kunstenaars, dramaturgen uit om te reageren op de Open Oproep Escaping the Bubble. Het betreft de Nederlandse inzending voor de Praagse Quadriennale in 2019.
- load more...