- 24 Oct. '18
Recap: Dutch delegation visits PAMS in SeoulTogether with Dutch Performing Arts a delegation of six Dutch dance and theatremakers travelled to Seoul in October to visit the Performing Arts Market Seoul (PAMS). They received a contribution from Dutch Performing Arts for their visit aimed at promoting, researching and/or networking for a Dutch theatre or dance company.Dutch Performing Arts was present at PAMS 2018 from 9-12 October with Dutch delegates: Gable Roelofsen (Het Geluid Maastricht), Jija Sohn (artist), Job Rietveld (Wild Vlees), Karel van Laere (artist), Machteld Vinkenborg and Wouter Goedheer (Nieuwe Helden).
Check out the photo report by delegates Karel, Job and Jija.
Karel van Laere:"Travellers arriving at the colossal Incheon airport in Seoul receive a warm/cold welcome from a robot. The robot can take your picture and it accompanies you to the arrivals hall. From the moment you arrive, you’re unmistakenbly in Korea.""The Performing Arts Market in Seoul is a networking market for programmers, artists and producers. Artists present their work during a pitch session in a booth. You can also meet with Korean programmers in one-on-one speed dates, during which you can briefly present your work and get to know the programmers on a personal level.""After six days of networking, the Dutch delegation said goodbye to PAMS in style: In a Korean sauna. I was thrilled to visit PAMS as part of the Dutch delegation. My visit enabled me to meet with many new people and it will possibly lead to new locations for my performances."Job Rietveld:"I attended the PAMS to represent my physical theatre company Wild Vlees. I had lots of meetings with arts professionals to introduce the company, and there were plenty of opportunities to see Korean shows at the Seoul Performing Arts Festival, the Seoul International Dance Festival and more. Our Dutch delegation also had dinner with employees of the Embassy of the Netherlands in South Korea.""We participated in the performance ‘Bodies in the Dark’ by Korean art group Elephant Laugh.""A shot of Karel at the big and impressive speed dating schedule at PAMS for one-on-one meetings with Korean arts professionals."Jija Sohn:
- 4 Jul. '19The Performing Arts Market in Seoul (PAMS) invites performing arts professionals to send in their new project for PAMS Pitching. Selected projects will be presented on 8-10 October 2019 in Seoul, South Korea during PAMS 2019.
- 26 Jun. '19K3 | Tanzplan Hamburg invites choreographers to apply for their residency programme. The programme provides three eight-month residencies to choreographers who are currently at the beginning of their career and have produced some choreographic work of their own.
- 6 Jun. '19Dance network Aerowaves invites talented emerging choreographers based in Europe to apply for the Aerowaves Twenty20.
- 30 May. '19The official programme’s call for submissions will open earlier than usual. CINARS Biennale will welcome submissions from September to the end of October 2019.
- 29 May. '19The internationale tanzmesse nrw welcomes proposals for its 2020 festival.
- 15 May. '19IUGTE invites actors, dancers and directors to apply for their International Physical Theatre Workshop, taking place from 10-17 June 2019 in Leitring, Austria.
- 10 May. '19Theatremaker and visual artist Julian Hetzel represents the Netherlands at the Prague Quadrennial next month. With the support of Dutch Performing Arts and Creative Industries Fund NL, Hetzel's performative installation 'SELF' will be presented from 6-16 June 2019.
- 7 May. '19NIPAI (New International Performing Arts Institute) organises a new 18-month programme for (aspiring) directors, movement directors, actors coaches, choreographers, arts managers and creative leaders.
- 30 Apr. '19Dutch Performing Arts is pleased to expand its network of theatre and dance partners for the organisation of international visitors' programmes with three more organisations.
- 29 Apr. '19Every year on 29 April we celebrate International Dance Day. This worldwide celebration of dance is an initiative of the Dance Committee of the International Theatre Institute (ITI).
- 10 Apr. '19Archa Theatre invites performing arts professionals and students to apply for their summer school, taking place from 23 August - 6 September 2019 in Prague, Czech Republic.
- 8 Apr. '19Be Mobile-Create Together! offers emerging artists and authors the opportunity to reside in well-reputed artist residencies across France, Germany, the Netherlands and Turkey, covering all costs related to travel, transportation and artwork production.
- 26 Mar. '19Are you a Germany-based company or artist whose dance production is invited to perform in a foreign country? Or is your (international) coproduction realised in Germany? Then you are eligible to apply for the International Guest Performance Fund for Dance or for the Coproduction Fund for Dance.
- 25 Mar. '19The Performing Arts Fund NL and DutchCulture invite Dutch (performing) arts professionals for an interactive discussion about artistic freedom of those who work abroad.
- 12 Mar. '19Throughout 2019 Dutch Performing Arts continues to collaborate with renowned Dutch festivals for the organisation of visitors' programmes aimed at music, dance and (music) theatre presenters.
- 12 Mar. '19Throughout 2019 Dutch Performing Arts continues to collaborate with renowned Dutch festivals for the organisation of visitors' programmes. Invitations to the visitors' programmes are extended by the organising festivals.
- 20 Feb. '19The Festival Academy invites festival makers to apply for the 16th edition of Atelier NEXT, taking place from 13-19 November 2019 in the Eurometropolis region (Belgium/France).
- 22 Jan. '19RESHAPE wants to (re)imagine new models of organising the arts sector. The organisation invites artists and cultural workers from Europe and the South Mediterranean to submit alternative models of working together or to engage audiences in innovative ways.
- 10 Jan. '19Busan International Performing Arts Festival (BIPAF) is hosting a competition for street arts called Dynamic Street.
- 13 Dec. '18Altofest invites professional artists in the performing arts to send in their proposal for Altofest 2019.
- load more...