- 30 November
Dutch Performing Arts activities over 2017 in retrospectWe are almost reaching the end of 2017. Let’s have a quick look back at this year full of great opportunities for Dutch performing artists to present themselves at international festivals, conferences and other key events.Visitor programmes
Together with our partners and with support of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Netherlands, in 2017 Dutch Performing Arts hosted 13 international delegate programmes in close cooperation with Dutch festivals. From jazz and improvised music during the SummerJazzCycleTour to innovative productions at Theatre Festival Boulevard. Most professionals came from Europe, many of these from neighbouring countries, but we also welcomed guests from the USA, China and Canada.
International focus programmes
The multi-year cooperation of Dutch Performing Arts and the well-known Italian festival Romaeuropa resulted in the presentation of several Dutch theatre, dance and children’s theatre companies. More than 15 Dutch artists and companies were presented to international audiences at the Flemish Theater aan Zee Festival and the British Sick! Festival.
Going Dutch & Dutch Performing Arts | En France
In 2017 we continued our Going Dutch multi-year project for jazz in the United Kingdom, as well as the Dutch Performing Arts | En France project for theatre and dance. In France, in close cooperation with the Dutch Embassy in Paris, we worked together with Festival d’Avignon, Montpellier Danse, the Rencontres choréographiques internationales de Seine-Saint-Denis, and many other prestigious festivals and venues. In the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland we supported and promoted tours by Dutch musicians and ensembles in association with the Jazz Promotion Network (JPN), at the venues and festivals of JPN members such as Manchester Jazz Festival, Glasgow Jazz Festival and Gateshead International Jazz Festival.
During Jazzahead in Bremen, Germany, and this year’s Womex in Katowice, Poland, we promoted Dutch jazz and world music and represented over 150 Dutch delegates by means of a joint promotional stand, network receptions, trade dinners and presentations.
Research & Networking
Representatives of Dutch Performing Arts were present at important meetings and conferences all over the world, networking and exploring opportunities for Dutch performing artists and groups at events such as International Performing Arts for Youth (IPAY), the European Jazz Conference, UTR, the International Society for the Performing Arts (ISPA) festival, and IETM. In autumn 2017 we commissioned Nieuw Geneco to research opportunities for Dutch composers on the international stage. Nieuw Geneco’s delegates visited the SWR Donaueschinger Musiktage and the International Society for Contemporary Music (ISCM) conference.
International promotion of pop music
In 2017 Dutch Performing Arts delegated the international promotion of Dutch pop, urban and dance genres to the Popcoalitie. The Popcoalitie has launched Dutch Music Export, which is funded by Buma Cultuur and the Performing Arts Fund NL / Dutch Performing Arts.
- 24 MayThe Netherlands Fellowship Program provides access to ISPA's extensive international network of arts professionals to three mid-career leaders from the Netherlands' performing arts community.
- 24 MayThe Music Theatre Committee in International Theatre Institute invites makers of operas of all shapes and sizes, which were professionally produced in the past three years, to submit their works.
- 9 AprilSeoul Street Arts Festival has an Open Call for its OFF programs.
- 4 AprilDutch Performing Arts will continue its organisation of visitors programmes around and with some of the most important Dutch festivals in 2018, to highlight the huge variety of Dutch performers and companies.
- 28 MarchPlatform-Scenography is pleased to announce that the Netherlands will be represented by Julian Hetzel’s performance installation SELF at the Prague Quadrennial 2019.
- 21 MarchThe 2018 Theatre503 Playwriting Award is now open for entries until 31 March 2018. Theatre503 supports debut and emerging writers.
- 19 MarchCINARS offers a unique opportunity to display a work in progress in front of presenters, artists and agents taking part in the CINARS Biennale in Montreal from 12-17 November, 2018.
- 19 MarchThe enrolment for Operation Music Theatre 2018 is open! Would you like to present your newest project to international bookers? This is your chance.
- 5 MarchPerforming artists can now apply to perform at the International Performing Arts for Youth Showcase Festival 2019 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- 13 FebruaryIn collaboration with Dutch Performing Arts, SICK! Festival is offering two commissions of €4,500 for early- to mid-career artists based in the Netherlands.
- 13 FebruaryThe International Society for the Performing Arts (ISPA) is now accepting applications for Pitch New Works, a forum for creators and presenters to promote their new performing arts projects that are in development, or that have recently premiered.
- 1 FebruaryDutch Performing Arts commissioned the Jazz Promotion Network (JPN) to coordinate the focus programme Going Dutch in 2017 and 2018 to support Dutch jazz musicians and/or groups to perform and tour in the United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland.
- 1 FebruaryPerforming Arts Market in Seoul (PAMS) has an Open Call for an international showcase programme. PAMS takes place in October 2018.
- 29 JanuaryPACT Zollverein is offering a residency programme for the development and realisation of projects and productions, which is open to professional artists from both Germany and abroad working in the fields of dance, performance and media art.
- 25 JanuarySegni New Generations Festival is looking for theatre companies and artists who wish to participate at their festival. Segni New Generations Festival is based in Manua, Italy, and is an international art event for children and young people.
- 22 JanuaryThe Tbilisi International Voice Competition will be held in Tbilisi from April 30 to May 5 2018. The Competition is open to women between the ages 21 and 30 men between the ages 22 and 32. See below more information on the competition, on members of the jury, and the conditions and application form.
- 28 DecemberAltoFest is looking for artists in the performing arts field for AltoFest 2018. AltoFest is an international festival of performing arts and trans-disciplinary interventions. The next edition will run 4-8 July, 2018 in Naples.
- 21 DecemberThis call is open for Dutch entries, information is in Dutch.Platform-Scenography nodigt scenografen, ontwerpers, kunstenaars, dramaturgen uit om te reageren op de Open Oproep Escaping the Bubble. Het betreft de Nederlandse inzending voor de Praagse Quadriennale in 2019.
- 14 December“Die Originale” (The Originals): a circus project from 28 March to 8 April, offers a seven-day-long workshop followed by a public presentation. Ten researchers from different fields – including circus, film, theatre and music – will be joined by an interdisciplinary group of artists to explore the theme of the circle.
- 13 DecemberThe 12th edition of inJazz will take place on June 28 and 29, 2018 in Rotterdam. InJazz is the biggest Dutch jazz network event and presents the talent of tomorrow for an audience of programmers, journalists, managers and record label representatives.
- load more...