- 30 Nov. '17
Dutch Performing Arts activities over 2017 in retrospectWe are almost reaching the end of 2017. Let’s have a quick look back at this year full of great opportunities for Dutch performing artists to present themselves at international festivals, conferences and other key events.Visitor programmes
Together with our partners and with support of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Netherlands, in 2017 Dutch Performing Arts hosted 13 international delegate programmes in close cooperation with Dutch festivals. From jazz and improvised music during the SummerJazzCycleTour to innovative productions at Theatre Festival Boulevard. Most professionals came from Europe, many of these from neighbouring countries, but we also welcomed guests from the USA, China and Canada.
International focus programmes
The multi-year cooperation of Dutch Performing Arts and the well-known Italian festival Romaeuropa resulted in the presentation of several Dutch theatre, dance and children’s theatre companies. More than 15 Dutch artists and companies were presented to international audiences at the Flemish Theater aan Zee Festival and the British Sick! Festival.
Going Dutch & Dutch Performing Arts | En France
In 2017 we continued our Going Dutch multi-year project for jazz in the United Kingdom, as well as the Dutch Performing Arts | En France project for theatre and dance. In France, in close cooperation with the Dutch Embassy in Paris, we worked together with Festival d’Avignon, Montpellier Danse, the Rencontres choréographiques internationales de Seine-Saint-Denis, and many other prestigious festivals and venues. In the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland we supported and promoted tours by Dutch musicians and ensembles in association with the Jazz Promotion Network (JPN), at the venues and festivals of JPN members such as Manchester Jazz Festival, Glasgow Jazz Festival and Gateshead International Jazz Festival.
During Jazzahead in Bremen, Germany, and this year’s Womex in Katowice, Poland, we promoted Dutch jazz and world music and represented over 150 Dutch delegates by means of a joint promotional stand, network receptions, trade dinners and presentations.
Research & Networking
Representatives of Dutch Performing Arts were present at important meetings and conferences all over the world, networking and exploring opportunities for Dutch performing artists and groups at events such as International Performing Arts for Youth (IPAY), the European Jazz Conference, UTR, the International Society for the Performing Arts (ISPA) festival, and IETM. In autumn 2017 we commissioned Nieuw Geneco to research opportunities for Dutch composers on the international stage. Nieuw Geneco’s delegates visited the SWR Donaueschinger Musiktage and the International Society for Contemporary Music (ISCM) conference.
International promotion of pop music
In 2017 Dutch Performing Arts delegated the international promotion of Dutch pop, urban and dance genres to the Popcoalitie. The Popcoalitie has launched Dutch Music Export, which is funded by Buma Cultuur and the Performing Arts Fund NL / Dutch Performing Arts.
- 12 Feb. '19Mundial Montréal, North America’s World Music Summit, invites artists to submit an application to be considered for a 25-minute showcase spot at their annual conference. The ninth edition takes place from 19-22 November 2019.
- 6 Feb. '19Performing artists can now apply to perform at IPAY (International Performing Arts for Youth) Showcase 2020 in Philadelphia, the United States.
- 31 Jan. '19Assitej, the International Association of Theatre for Children and Young People, invites children’s theatre and dance companies to submit performances for their World Congress in May 2020.
- 30 Jan. '19What better place to showcase some of the finest Dutch performing arts for young audiences than IPAY Showcase? Dutch Performing Arts proudly powered the participation of eight theatre and dance companies from the Netherlands, who presented their productions for ages 2+ at the international conference in Philadelphia.
- 29 Jan. '19In preparation of their 25th edition, WOMEX invites artists, DJs, producers, filmmakers, conference speakers and visionaries to send in their proposal for a band, artist, conference topic, interactive session idea, network or film.
- 24 Jan. '19Dutch Performing Arts invites young playwrights in the Netherlands and Flanders to participate in a four-day translation workshop led by bilingual author and translator Peter Waterhouse.
- 22 Jan. '19RESHAPE wants to (re)imagine new models of organising the arts sector. The organisation invites artists and cultural workers from Europe and the South Mediterranean to submit alternative models of working together or to engage audiences in innovative ways.
- 10 Jan. '19Busan International Performing Arts Festival (BIPAF) is hosting a competition for street arts called Dynamic Street.
- 18 Dec. '18Throughout 2019, Never Grow Up! brings an abundance of Dutch film, literature and performing arts for young audiences to the United States.
- 17 Dec. '18For a touch of summer in winter: tune in for a recap of ZomerJazzFietsTour by Going Dutch.
- 16 Dec. '18In November, six Dutch delegates visited the CINARS Biennale and Mundial Montreal in Montreal, Canada together with Dutch Performing Arts. They received a contribution from Dutch Performing Arts for their visit aimed at promoting, researching and/or networking for a Dutch music company (classical, contemporary, jazz and world music).
- 13 Dec. '18Altofest invites professional artists in the performing arts to send in their proposal for Altofest 2019.
- 11 Dec. '18Assitej welcomes proposals for the professionals' programme of Assitej Artistic Gathering in Kristiansand, Norway, from 2-7 September 2019.
- 2 Nov. '18Artists can now apply for the showcase of annual trade fair and showcase festival jazzahead! in Bremen, Germany.
- 24 Oct. '18Together with Dutch Performing Arts a delegation of six Dutch dance and theatremakers travelled to Seoul in October to visit the Performing Arts Market Seoul (PAMS). They received a contribution from Dutch Performing Arts for their visit aimed at promoting, researching and/or networking for a Dutch theatre or dance company.
- 23 Oct. '18Stückemarkt is searching for work that goes beyond descriptions of a status quo, imagines possible futures and seeks new forms of artistic-activist interference.
- 22 Oct. '18NAVE opens their Artes Vivas International Call 2019, aimed at artists interested in presenting creation and research projects within the field of 'Artes Vivas' ('living arts'), whether as individual, company or collective.
- 15 Oct. '18We’re pleased to announce the four new participants in the Netherlands Fellowship Programme.
- 15 Oct. '18Amateur theatre group TED Ankara College Alumni Association Theatre Group is looking for a Dutch art consultant to assist in the production of a youth play based on a Dutch tale.
- 18 Sep. '18Dutch Performing Arts and Flanders Arts Institute took the initiative to closely investigate the musical mobility in the Lowlands: What opportunities are there for Belgian artists to perform in the Netherlands and vice versa? And what room or need is there for improvement?
- load more...