- 30 May
Dutch Performing Arts | En France: Upcoming EventsThis coming summer there are several Dutch performances in the context of Dutch Performing Arts | En France.During the Scènes ouvertes à l’insolite festival in Paris there are three performances by the Art Collective BetweenTwoHands (1 and 2 June) of Paperworks, a paper theatre installation inspired by Franz Kafka. Theatre directors Erin Tjin a Ton and Gosia Kaczmarek will be facilitating workshops for professionals.
On 6 and 7 July the Nederlands Dans Theater can be seen at the Montpellier Danse festival, with a new choreography by Chrystal Pite, Woke up Blind by Marco Goecke and Shut Eye by Lightfoot & León.
Several site-specific and visual theatre companies are presenting their work during the Cratère surfaces outdoor festival in Alès (5–8 July), which has a Dutch focus. Groups and makers such as Hanneke de Jong and Jonas Witte, Daan Mathot/VolDaan and Cie Woest, will be performing daily or several times per day. There are also two workshop sessions for professionals: ‘The Dutch singularity – a milestone for Europe?’ and ‘Outdoor Performing Arts at an international level’. Lastly, two Dutch directors (including Yuri Bongers of Vloeistof) will be participating in the Outdoor Lab Experience at the Cratère surfaces festival, offering international emerging artists the opportunity to watch and study various performances within a festival context.
During the Festival d’Avignon starting on 14 July, Toneelgroep Amsterdam is staging seven performances in the Cour du lycée Saint-Joseph of the Couperus adaptation The things that pass directed by Ivo van Hove. This production received its premiere last year during the Ruhr Triennale and ranked among the Theaterfestival selection of the 10 best performances of 2017.
- 13 JulyThe Dramatic Arts Center of Iran (DAC) organises three international theatre festivals in different genres over the period of 2018-2019. Theatre managers and representatives are invited to submit performances.
- 26 JuneK3 | Tanzplan Hamburg provides three eight-month residencies to emerging choreographers who have produced some choreographic work of their own.
- 11 JuneDance network Aerowaves invites talented emerging choreographers based in Europe to apply for the Aerowaves Twenty.
- 6 JuneThe first Dutch artists have been confirmed for the Reeperbahn Festival, Europe’s biggest club festival.
- 30 MayDe Doelen and Dutch Performing Arts promoted the classical and contemporary music scene at the Dutch Pavilion during Classical:NEXT 2018 from 16 to 20 May at De Doelen in Rotterdam.
- 30 MayDutch Performing Arts promotes Dutch music, theatre and dance abroad. These animation and infographics provide an overview of our activities in 2017.
- 30 MayAre you a Dutch-based musician, composer or (artistic) director of a Dutch music ensemble and thinking about going to Cinars and/or Mundial Montreal?
- 28 MayThe Netherlands Fellowship Program provides access to ISPA's extensive international network of arts professionals to mid-career leaders from the Netherlands' performing arts community.
- 24 MayThe Music Theatre Committee in International Theatre Institute invites makers of operas of all shapes and sizes, which were professionally produced in the past three years, to submit their works.
- 9 AprilSeoul Street Arts Festival has an Open Call for its OFF programs.
- 4 AprilDutch Performing Arts will continue its organisation of visitors programmes around and with some of the most important Dutch festivals in 2018, to highlight the huge variety of Dutch performers and companies.
- 28 MarchPlatform-Scenography is pleased to announce that the Netherlands will be represented by Julian Hetzel’s performance installation SELF at the Prague Quadrennial 2019.
- 21 MarchThe 2018 Theatre503 Playwriting Award is now open for entries until 31 March 2018. Theatre503 supports debut and emerging writers.
- 19 MarchCINARS offers a unique opportunity to display a work in progress in front of presenters, artists and agents taking part in the CINARS Biennale in Montreal from 12-17 November, 2018.
- 19 MarchThe enrolment for Operation Music Theatre 2018 is open! Would you like to present your newest project to international bookers? This is your chance.
- 5 MarchPerforming artists can now apply to perform at the International Performing Arts for Youth Showcase Festival 2019 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- 13 FebruaryIn collaboration with Dutch Performing Arts, SICK! Festival is offering two commissions of €4,500 for early- to mid-career artists based in the Netherlands.
- 13 FebruaryThe International Society for the Performing Arts (ISPA) is now accepting applications for Pitch New Works, a forum for creators and presenters to promote their new performing arts projects that are in development, or that have recently premiered.
- 1 FebruaryDutch Performing Arts commissioned the Jazz Promotion Network (JPN) to coordinate the focus programme Going Dutch in 2017 and 2018 to support Dutch jazz musicians and/or groups to perform and tour in the United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland.
- load more...