- 22 October
For dance artists: residency applications 2016The Mediterranean Dance Center is inviting dance artists with fresh ideas for new projects to apply for a residential stay in Mediterranean Dance Center San Vincenti situated in the heart of Istria region of Croatia.Offer
If you are an artist (or a group of artists) working within the field(s) of contemporary dance, physical theatre, performance art and other cross-over artistic genres connected to dance and you dream about creating a new piece, let us know about it, apply. If you need the time to explore, be inspired by the nature and the tranquility of San Vincenti, a small Istrian renaissance city of just 180 inhabitants, we want to hear about it, contact us.
Interested? What MDC can offer:
In 2016, from late April to the end of October, we are planning artistic residencies in San Vincenti. Duration of a single residential stay is normally 8-14 days. If you require a longer stay, this must be elucidated in the application. During a residency you will have access to a dance studio 24/7. The studio measures 9 x 20 meters. There is a wooden floor (with the possibility of using black or white dance floor), working lights, a wardrobe, a sanitary facility, a kitchenette). If offered a residency, MPC covers accomodation and food costs during the stay.
If offered a residency, this is what MDC expects:
Travel expenses must be covered by the artist/group.
We ask all artists in residence to make an open presentation for the audience at the end of their stay. Other propositions like round tables or workshops during the stay in MPC are also very welcome.
Deadline for applications
For a residency in 2016, the deadline is November 28th, 2015.
How to apply
Here you can download the application form. Please fill in the data and send it by November 28th to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 13 JulyThe Dramatic Arts Center of Iran (DAC) organises three international theatre festivals in different genres over the period of 2018-2019. Theatre managers and representatives are invited to submit performances.
- 26 JuneK3 | Tanzplan Hamburg provides three eight-month residencies to emerging choreographers who have produced some choreographic work of their own.
- 11 JuneDance network Aerowaves invites talented emerging choreographers based in Europe to apply for the Aerowaves Twenty.
- 6 JuneThe first Dutch artists have been confirmed for the Reeperbahn Festival, Europe’s biggest club festival.
- 30 MayThis coming summer there are several Dutch performances in the context of Dutch Performing Arts | En France.
- 30 MayDe Doelen and Dutch Performing Arts promoted the classical and contemporary music scene at the Dutch Pavilion during Classical:NEXT 2018 from 16 to 20 May at De Doelen in Rotterdam.
- 30 MayDutch Performing Arts promotes Dutch music, theatre and dance abroad. These animation and infographics provide an overview of our activities in 2017.
- 30 MayAre you a Dutch-based musician, composer or (artistic) director of a Dutch music ensemble and thinking about going to Cinars and/or Mundial Montreal?
- 28 MayThe Netherlands Fellowship Program provides access to ISPA's extensive international network of arts professionals to mid-career leaders from the Netherlands' performing arts community.
- 24 MayThe Music Theatre Committee in International Theatre Institute invites makers of operas of all shapes and sizes, which were professionally produced in the past three years, to submit their works.
- 9 AprilSeoul Street Arts Festival has an Open Call for its OFF programs.
- 4 AprilDutch Performing Arts will continue its organisation of visitors programmes around and with some of the most important Dutch festivals in 2018, to highlight the huge variety of Dutch performers and companies.
- 28 MarchPlatform-Scenography is pleased to announce that the Netherlands will be represented by Julian Hetzel’s performance installation SELF at the Prague Quadrennial 2019.
- 21 MarchThe 2018 Theatre503 Playwriting Award is now open for entries until 31 March 2018. Theatre503 supports debut and emerging writers.
- 19 MarchCINARS offers a unique opportunity to display a work in progress in front of presenters, artists and agents taking part in the CINARS Biennale in Montreal from 12-17 November, 2018.
- 19 MarchThe enrolment for Operation Music Theatre 2018 is open! Would you like to present your newest project to international bookers? This is your chance.
- 5 MarchPerforming artists can now apply to perform at the International Performing Arts for Youth Showcase Festival 2019 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- 13 FebruaryIn collaboration with Dutch Performing Arts, SICK! Festival is offering two commissions of €4,500 for early- to mid-career artists based in the Netherlands.
- 13 FebruaryThe International Society for the Performing Arts (ISPA) is now accepting applications for Pitch New Works, a forum for creators and presenters to promote their new performing arts projects that are in development, or that have recently premiered.
- 1 FebruaryDutch Performing Arts commissioned the Jazz Promotion Network (JPN) to coordinate the focus programme Going Dutch in 2017 and 2018 to support Dutch jazz musicians and/or groups to perform and tour in the United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland.
- load more...