- 28 February
Going Dutch: jazz from the NetherlandsDutch Performing Arts commissioned the Jazz Promotion Network (JPN) to coordinate the focus programme GOING DUTCH in 2017 to support Dutch jazz musicians and/or groups to perform and tour in the United Kingdom (UK) and Republic of Ireland (ROI). GOING DUTCH consists of an umbrella campaign, invitations for jazz promotors and journalists to every concert and, under certain conditions, also support for travel and accommodation.Earlier, in December 2015, Dutch Performing Arts asked the JPN to carry out a research on opportunities for Dutch musicians in the UK and the ROI. There was a lot of enthusiasm to work together with the Netherlands, but in general there was surprisingly limited knowledge about the current Dutch jazz scene. You can find the entire report here. And in 2016, more than 25 festivals, venues and promotors from the JPN network were welcomed during 5 different jazz showcases and festivals in the Netherlands. To get an idea, Steve Mead, Manchester Jazz Festival, wrote a report about his trip to Rotterdam in June 2016.
The first result of this exciting collaboration was an all day concert 'Going Dutch' in Newcastle in January 2017. Jazz North East showcased a wide range of the best of today's Dutch jazz scene, 9 Dutch musicians, 2 UK musicians, with everything from solo performances to ensemble excursions. Next to the Newcastle local audience, at least 12 jazz professionals visited the showcase and the reception hosted by the Dutch Embassy. Click here for a review of the event by Narc Magazine.
Next up: At the end of March, the ICP orchestra is playing at the Vortex in London and the Sage Gateshead Festival. Kaja Draksler is playing at Glasgow Jazz Festival and Manchester Jazz Festival this summer. Manchester Jazz Festival has also booked Even Sanne. More concerts and tours are being confirmed as we speak.
For more information about the project and the conditions for support, please contact Nod Knowles: email@example.com.
- 13 JulyThe Dramatic Arts Center of Iran (DAC) organises three international theatre festivals in different genres over the period of 2018-2019. Theatre managers and representatives are invited to submit performances.
- 26 JuneK3 | Tanzplan Hamburg provides three eight-month residencies to emerging choreographers who have produced some choreographic work of their own.
- 11 JuneDance network Aerowaves invites talented emerging choreographers based in Europe to apply for the Aerowaves Twenty.
- 6 JuneThe first Dutch artists have been confirmed for the Reeperbahn Festival, Europe’s biggest club festival.
- 30 MayThis coming summer there are several Dutch performances in the context of Dutch Performing Arts | En France.
- 30 MayDe Doelen and Dutch Performing Arts promoted the classical and contemporary music scene at the Dutch Pavilion during Classical:NEXT 2018 from 16 to 20 May at De Doelen in Rotterdam.
- 30 MayDutch Performing Arts promotes Dutch music, theatre and dance abroad. These animation and infographics provide an overview of our activities in 2017.
- 30 MayAre you a Dutch-based musician, composer or (artistic) director of a Dutch music ensemble and thinking about going to Cinars and/or Mundial Montreal?
- 28 MayThe Netherlands Fellowship Program provides access to ISPA's extensive international network of arts professionals to mid-career leaders from the Netherlands' performing arts community.
- 24 MayThe Music Theatre Committee in International Theatre Institute invites makers of operas of all shapes and sizes, which were professionally produced in the past three years, to submit their works.
- 9 AprilSeoul Street Arts Festival has an Open Call for its OFF programs.
- 4 AprilDutch Performing Arts will continue its organisation of visitors programmes around and with some of the most important Dutch festivals in 2018, to highlight the huge variety of Dutch performers and companies.
- 28 MarchPlatform-Scenography is pleased to announce that the Netherlands will be represented by Julian Hetzel’s performance installation SELF at the Prague Quadrennial 2019.
- 21 MarchThe 2018 Theatre503 Playwriting Award is now open for entries until 31 March 2018. Theatre503 supports debut and emerging writers.
- 19 MarchCINARS offers a unique opportunity to display a work in progress in front of presenters, artists and agents taking part in the CINARS Biennale in Montreal from 12-17 November, 2018.
- 19 MarchThe enrolment for Operation Music Theatre 2018 is open! Would you like to present your newest project to international bookers? This is your chance.
- 5 MarchPerforming artists can now apply to perform at the International Performing Arts for Youth Showcase Festival 2019 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- 13 FebruaryIn collaboration with Dutch Performing Arts, SICK! Festival is offering two commissions of €4,500 for early- to mid-career artists based in the Netherlands.
- 13 FebruaryThe International Society for the Performing Arts (ISPA) is now accepting applications for Pitch New Works, a forum for creators and presenters to promote their new performing arts projects that are in development, or that have recently premiered.
- 1 FebruaryDutch Performing Arts commissioned the Jazz Promotion Network (JPN) to coordinate the focus programme Going Dutch in 2017 and 2018 to support Dutch jazz musicians and/or groups to perform and tour in the United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland.
- load more...