- 1 February
Going Dutch: jazz from the Netherlands 2018Dutch Performing Arts commissioned the Jazz Promotion Network (JPN) to coordinate the focus programme Going Dutch in 2017 and 2018 to support Dutch jazz musicians and/or groups to perform and tour in the United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland.Going Dutch consists of an umbrella campaign, invitations for jazz promotors and journalists to every concert and, under certain conditions, also support for travel and accommodation. Various performances are already planned for early 2018. Keep an eye on the website of Jazz Promotion Network to keep yourself updated. In early 2018, Joost Lijbaart will play in Aberdeen and Glasgow, and Kaja Draksler in Belfast and at Gateshead International Jazz Festival. The Nordanians will have a gig in Dublin and Ambleside, and during Gateshead International Jazz Festival.
Going Dutch promotions in 2017
Over 2017 a total of 33 performances by Dutch artists were promoted in the UK and Ireland by 17 British and Irish promoters in 17 towns or cities (and using a total of 20 venues). Going Dutch supported and/or promoted gigs and tours of Kapok, ICP, Even Sanne, Kaja Draksler but also other Dutch musicians in various formations. A few of these performances were in collaboration with UK musicians. Of the 33 gigs performed, 20 received direct support for the costs of travel, accommodation and elements of production from the JPN’s Going Dutch budget as funded and contracted by Dutch Performing Arts.
Going Dutch promotions in 2016
The Going Dutch programme in 2016 began with visits by jazz promoters from the UK and RoI to festivals and events in the Netherlands. A total of 28 jazz promoters - visited a total of 5 events in the Netherlands - and with several of these promoters making more than one visit the overall total of visits to events was 48.
This programme will expire in 2019. Are you interested to book Dutch gigs? Contact Nod Knowles via firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about the programme and upcoming Dutch gigs in the United Kingdom and Ireland please go to the website of Jazz Promotion Network.
- 20 JulyDutch Performing Arts commissioned the Jazz Promotion Network (JPN) to coordinate the focus programme Going Dutch in 2017 and 2018 to support Dutch jazz musicians and/or groups to perform and tour in the United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland. Check out our overview of upcoming gigs.
- 13 JulyThe Dramatic Arts Center of Iran (DAC) organises three international theatre festivals in different genres over the period of 2018-2019. Theatre managers and representatives are invited to submit performances.
- 26 JuneK3 | Tanzplan Hamburg provides three eight-month residencies to emerging choreographers who have produced some choreographic work of their own.
- 11 JuneDance network Aerowaves invites talented emerging choreographers based in Europe to apply for the Aerowaves Twenty.
- 6 JuneThe first Dutch artists have been confirmed for the Reeperbahn Festival, Europe’s biggest club festival.
- 30 MayThis coming summer there are several Dutch performances in the context of Dutch Performing Arts | En France.
- 30 MayDe Doelen and Dutch Performing Arts promoted the classical and contemporary music scene at the Dutch Pavilion during Classical:NEXT 2018 from 16 to 20 May at De Doelen in Rotterdam.
- 30 MayDutch Performing Arts promotes Dutch music, theatre and dance abroad. These animation and infographics provide an overview of our activities in 2017.
- 30 MayAre you a Dutch-based musician, composer or (artistic) director of a Dutch music ensemble and thinking about going to Cinars and/or Mundial Montreal?
- 28 MayThe Netherlands Fellowship Program provides access to ISPA's extensive international network of arts professionals to mid-career leaders from the Netherlands' performing arts community.
- 24 MayThe Music Theatre Committee in International Theatre Institute invites makers of operas of all shapes and sizes, which were professionally produced in the past three years, to submit their works.
- 9 AprilSeoul Street Arts Festival has an Open Call for its OFF programs.
- 4 AprilDutch Performing Arts will continue its organisation of visitors programmes around and with some of the most important Dutch festivals in 2018, to highlight the huge variety of Dutch performers and companies.
- 28 MarchPlatform-Scenography is pleased to announce that the Netherlands will be represented by Julian Hetzel’s performance installation SELF at the Prague Quadrennial 2019.
- 21 MarchThe 2018 Theatre503 Playwriting Award is now open for entries until 31 March 2018. Theatre503 supports debut and emerging writers.
- 19 MarchCINARS offers a unique opportunity to display a work in progress in front of presenters, artists and agents taking part in the CINARS Biennale in Montreal from 12-17 November, 2018.
- 19 MarchThe enrolment for Operation Music Theatre 2018 is open! Would you like to present your newest project to international bookers? This is your chance.
- 5 MarchPerforming artists can now apply to perform at the International Performing Arts for Youth Showcase Festival 2019 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- 13 FebruaryIn collaboration with Dutch Performing Arts, SICK! Festival is offering two commissions of €4,500 for early- to mid-career artists based in the Netherlands.
- 13 FebruaryThe International Society for the Performing Arts (ISPA) is now accepting applications for Pitch New Works, a forum for creators and presenters to promote their new performing arts projects that are in development, or that have recently premiered.
- load more...