- 4 July
High French honour for Hans van ManenThe French Ministry of Culture has conferred the distinction of Commandeur des Arts et Lettres on Hans van Manen, resident choreographer with Dutch National Ballet. Hans van Manen is the first Dutch performing artist to receive the highest possible state distinction in the field of art and letters in France.The honour is conferred on people who have distinguished themselves through their artistic creativity and contributed to the influence of art in France or worldwide.The honour will be conferred on Hans van Manen this evening at the Montpellier Danse festival, where Dutch National Ballet is dancing works by Van Manen this evening and tomorrow evening.
Brigitte Lefèvre, director of the Festival de danse de Cannes and former director of the Paris Opera ballet company, will present the honour to Van Manen, in the presence of Jet Bussemaker, Dutch Minister of Education, Culture and Science.
Focus programme Hans van Manen at Montpellier Danse 2017
Dutch National Ballet is present at the 37th edition of the Montpellier Danse festival with two programmes consisting of only works by Hans van Manen. The company brings Adagio Hammerklavier, Two Gold Variations, Sarcasmen, Frank Bridge Variations and Metaforen. Before both performances on the 4th and 5th of July Van Manen’s Clog Dance will be performed by 30 amateur dancers from Montpellier. There is also a cinema programme showing the life and work of Hans van Manen.
The focus programme on Hans van Manen at Montpellier Danse is an initiative of Dutch Performing Arts and the Royal Netherlands Embassy in Paris, and part of Oh ! Pays-Bas and Dutch Performing Arts | en France.
Hans van Manen
Hans van Manen, resident choreographer with Dutch National Ballet, has to date, created more than 125 ballets performed by more than fifty companies worldwide. The international stars who have performed his ballets include Anthony Dowell, Marcia Haydée, Natalia Makarova and Rudolf Nureyev. In 2007 Hans Van Manen was made a Commander in the Order of the Netherlands Lion. In June 2013, he was appointed a patron of the National Ballet Academy (part of the Amsterdam School of the Arts).Van Manen received the Erasmus Award (2000) and the Golden Age Award (2013). Since January 2015 he is a member of the Dutch Academy for Arts. Recently his work was taken into the repertoire by both the Bolshoi Ballet and the Marijinski Ballet.
- 13 JulyThe Dramatic Arts Center of Iran (DAC) organises three international theatre festivals in different genres over the period of 2018-2019. Theatre managers and representatives are invited to submit performances.
- 26 JuneK3 | Tanzplan Hamburg provides three eight-month residencies to emerging choreographers who have produced some choreographic work of their own.
- 11 JuneDance network Aerowaves invites talented emerging choreographers based in Europe to apply for the Aerowaves Twenty.
- 6 JuneThe first Dutch artists have been confirmed for the Reeperbahn Festival, Europe’s biggest club festival.
- 30 MayThis coming summer there are several Dutch performances in the context of Dutch Performing Arts | En France.
- 30 MayDe Doelen and Dutch Performing Arts promoted the classical and contemporary music scene at the Dutch Pavilion during Classical:NEXT 2018 from 16 to 20 May at De Doelen in Rotterdam.
- 30 MayDutch Performing Arts promotes Dutch music, theatre and dance abroad. These animation and infographics provide an overview of our activities in 2017.
- 30 MayAre you a Dutch-based musician, composer or (artistic) director of a Dutch music ensemble and thinking about going to Cinars and/or Mundial Montreal?
- 28 MayThe Netherlands Fellowship Program provides access to ISPA's extensive international network of arts professionals to mid-career leaders from the Netherlands' performing arts community.
- 24 MayThe Music Theatre Committee in International Theatre Institute invites makers of operas of all shapes and sizes, which were professionally produced in the past three years, to submit their works.
- 9 AprilSeoul Street Arts Festival has an Open Call for its OFF programs.
- 4 AprilDutch Performing Arts will continue its organisation of visitors programmes around and with some of the most important Dutch festivals in 2018, to highlight the huge variety of Dutch performers and companies.
- 28 MarchPlatform-Scenography is pleased to announce that the Netherlands will be represented by Julian Hetzel’s performance installation SELF at the Prague Quadrennial 2019.
- 21 MarchThe 2018 Theatre503 Playwriting Award is now open for entries until 31 March 2018. Theatre503 supports debut and emerging writers.
- 19 MarchCINARS offers a unique opportunity to display a work in progress in front of presenters, artists and agents taking part in the CINARS Biennale in Montreal from 12-17 November, 2018.
- 19 MarchThe enrolment for Operation Music Theatre 2018 is open! Would you like to present your newest project to international bookers? This is your chance.
- 5 MarchPerforming artists can now apply to perform at the International Performing Arts for Youth Showcase Festival 2019 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- 13 FebruaryIn collaboration with Dutch Performing Arts, SICK! Festival is offering two commissions of €4,500 for early- to mid-career artists based in the Netherlands.
- 13 FebruaryThe International Society for the Performing Arts (ISPA) is now accepting applications for Pitch New Works, a forum for creators and presenters to promote their new performing arts projects that are in development, or that have recently premiered.
- 1 FebruaryDutch Performing Arts commissioned the Jazz Promotion Network (JPN) to coordinate the focus programme Going Dutch in 2017 and 2018 to support Dutch jazz musicians and/or groups to perform and tour in the United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland.
- load more...