- 13 Feb. '18
Pitch New Works ISPA Congress LeeuwardenThe International Society for the Performing Arts (ISPA) is now accepting applications for Pitch New Works, a forum for creators and presenters to promote their new performing arts projects that are in development, or that have recently premiered.Selected projects will be pitched at the Leeuwarden-Friesland 2018 ISPA Congress on June 14, 2018. Applicants do not need to be ISPA members (50 USD non-member application fee applies). The deadline to submit an application is Friday, March 2, 2018 at 17:00 EST.
About Pitch New Works
Ten applicants will be selected by a committee of ISPA members chaired by ISPA Board Member, Piotr Turkiewicz (National Forum of Music, Poland), to pitch their new work to more than 400 performing arts professionals from over 50 countries at the Leeuwarden-Friesland 2018 ISPA Congress. They will have seven minutes to present their new work and three minutes to answer delegate questions, facilitated by the host. After the session, participants have the opportunity to interact with delegates during ProEx (Professional Exchange), ISPA’s informal networking session where interested parties can inquire about providing project support, premiere dates, touring opportunities, etc.
Eligible projects must:
Be in development with the premiere planned within the next two years; or- Have recently premiered and has not yet toured outside its region of origin.
For this congress, priorities will be given to projects that reflect the diversity and character of the Netherlands, but all projects will be considered.
Other considerations include:
Generally, projects that premiered more than three years prior to the date of the Pitch New Works session will not be considered.
Multidisciplinary and/or cross-cultural projects are particularly attractive to ISPA delegates, though all project types and applications will be considered.
Submissions from the canon and/or remounts will be considered where there is evidence of a substantially new interpretation and a new production team.- Previously accepted projects are not eligible to re-apply unless there is evidence of a substantial revisiting.
- Generally, projects submitted more than 2 times prior will not be considered. Please contact Nora Fleury, Program and Development Associate, at email@example.com before re-applying in this case.
Learn more and apply here.
- 15 May. '19During Classical:NEXT, the global meeting for art music innovators, Dutch radio station de Concertzender will do live podcasts. Classical:NEXT 2019 takes place from 15-18 May 2019 in Rotterdam, the Netherlands.
- 30 Apr. '19Dutch Performing Arts is excited to collaborate with new partners in the UK and Italy to present Dutch music to international audiences.
- 30 Apr. '19Dutch Performing Arts is pleased to expand its network of music partners for the organisation of international visitors' programmes with two more festivals.
- 10 Apr. '19Archa Theatre invites performing arts professionals and students to apply for their summer school, taking place from 23 August - 6 September 2019 in Prague, Czech Republic.
- 8 Apr. '19Be Mobile-Create Together! offers emerging artists and authors the opportunity to reside in well-reputed artist residencies across France, Germany, the Netherlands and Turkey, covering all costs related to travel, transportation and artwork production.
- 25 Mar. '19The Performing Arts Fund NL and DutchCulture invite Dutch (performing) arts professionals for an interactive discussion about artistic freedom of those who work abroad.
- 12 Mar. '19Throughout 2019 Dutch Performing Arts continues to collaborate with renowned Dutch festivals for the organisation of visitors' programmes. Invitations to the visitors' programmes are extended by the organising festivals.
- 12 Mar. '19Throughout 2019 Dutch Performing Arts continues to collaborate with renowned Dutch festivals for the organisation of visitors' programmes aimed at music, dance and (music) theatre presenters.
- 7 Mar. '19LoLanders is the first artistic collaboration of the Going Dutch programme, featuring three musicians from Scotland alongside three from the Netherlands.
- 20 Feb. '19The Festival Academy invites festival makers to apply for the 16th edition of Atelier NEXT, taking place from 13-19 November 2019 in the Eurometropolis region (Belgium/France).
- 12 Feb. '19Mundial Montréal, North America’s World Music Summit, invites artists to submit an application to be considered for a 25-minute showcase spot at their annual conference. The ninth edition takes place from 19-22 November 2019.
- 29 Jan. '19In preparation of their 25th edition, WOMEX invites artists, DJs, producers, filmmakers, conference speakers and visionaries to send in their proposal for a band, artist, conference topic, interactive session idea, network or film.
- 22 Jan. '19RESHAPE wants to (re)imagine new models of organising the arts sector. The organisation invites artists and cultural workers from Europe and the South Mediterranean to submit alternative models of working together or to engage audiences in innovative ways.
- 17 Dec. '18For a touch of summer in winter: tune in for a recap of ZomerJazzFietsTour by Going Dutch.
- 16 Dec. '18In November, six Dutch delegates visited the CINARS Biennale and Mundial Montreal in Montreal, Canada together with Dutch Performing Arts. They received a contribution from Dutch Performing Arts for their visit aimed at promoting, researching and/or networking for a Dutch music company (classical, contemporary, jazz and world music).
- 13 Dec. '18Altofest invites professional artists in the performing arts to send in their proposal for Altofest 2019.
- 2 Nov. '18Artists can now apply for the showcase of annual trade fair and showcase festival jazzahead! in Bremen, Germany.
- 24 Oct. '18Together with Dutch Performing Arts a delegation of six Dutch dance and theatremakers travelled to Seoul in October to visit the Performing Arts Market Seoul (PAMS). They received a contribution from Dutch Performing Arts for their visit aimed at promoting, researching and/or networking for a Dutch theatre or dance company.
- 18 Sep. '18Dutch Performing Arts and Flanders Arts Institute took the initiative to closely investigate the musical mobility in the Lowlands: What opportunities are there for Belgian artists to perform in the Netherlands and vice versa? And what room or need is there for improvement?
- 22 Aug. '18The call for proposals for Classical:NEXT 2019 is now open.
- load more...