- 24 Oct. '18
Recap: Dutch delegation visits PAMS in SeoulTogether with Dutch Performing Arts a delegation of six Dutch dance and theatremakers travelled to Seoul in October to visit the Performing Arts Market Seoul (PAMS). They received a contribution from Dutch Performing Arts for their visit aimed at promoting, researching and/or networking for a Dutch theatre or dance company.Dutch Performing Arts was present at PAMS 2018 from 9-12 October with Dutch delegates: Gable Roelofsen (Het Geluid Maastricht), Jija Sohn (artist), Job Rietveld (Wild Vlees), Karel van Laere (artist), Machteld Vinkenborg and Wouter Goedheer (Nieuwe Helden).
Check out the photo report by delegates Karel, Job and Jija.
Karel van Laere:"Travellers arriving at the colossal Incheon airport in Seoul receive a warm/cold welcome from a robot. The robot can take your picture and it accompanies you to the arrivals hall. From the moment you arrive, you’re unmistakenbly in Korea.""The Performing Arts Market in Seoul is a networking market for programmers, artists and producers. Artists present their work during a pitch session in a booth. You can also meet with Korean programmers in one-on-one speed dates, during which you can briefly present your work and get to know the programmers on a personal level.""After six days of networking, the Dutch delegation said goodbye to PAMS in style: In a Korean sauna. I was thrilled to visit PAMS as part of the Dutch delegation. My visit enabled me to meet with many new people and it will possibly lead to new locations for my performances."Job Rietveld:"I attended the PAMS to represent my physical theatre company Wild Vlees. I had lots of meetings with arts professionals to introduce the company, and there were plenty of opportunities to see Korean shows at the Seoul Performing Arts Festival, the Seoul International Dance Festival and more. Our Dutch delegation also had dinner with employees of the Embassy of the Netherlands in South Korea.""We participated in the performance ‘Bodies in the Dark’ by Korean art group Elephant Laugh.""A shot of Karel at the big and impressive speed dating schedule at PAMS for one-on-one meetings with Korean arts professionals."Jija Sohn:
- 9 Aug. '19TPAM (Performing Arts Meeting in Yokohama) invites performing artists to submit their performance or project for TPAM Fringe in Tokyo or Yokohama, Japan.
- 19 Jul. '19The European Commission launches a pilot project to boost Europe's content industries through innovation, collaboration and new digital technologies. Professionals in the content industry are invited to submit their proposals.
- 4 Jul. '19The Performing Arts Market in Seoul (PAMS) invites performing arts professionals to send in their new project for PAMS Pitching. Selected projects will be presented on 8-10 October 2019 in Seoul, South Korea during PAMS 2019.
- 20 Jun. '19Just because summer is just around the corner, doesn't mean we're resting on our laurels. Another interesting selection of international visitors' programmes is coming up, hosted in collaboration with Dutch Performing Arts.
- 30 May. '19The official programme’s call for submissions will open earlier than usual. CINARS Biennale will welcome submissions from September to the end of October 2019.
- 28 May. '19Dutch Performing Arts facilitated the classical and contemporary music scene at the Dutch Pavilion during Classical:NEXT 2019. You can now listen to the full podcast series by de Concertzender for interviews and concert registrations.
- 14 May. '19During Classical:NEXT, the global meeting for art music innovators, Dutch radio station de Concertzender will do live podcasts. Classical:NEXT 2019 takes place from 15-18 May 2019 in Rotterdam, the Netherlands.
- 30 Apr. '19Dutch Performing Arts is excited to collaborate with new partners in the UK and Italy to present Dutch music to international audiences.
- 30 Apr. '19Dutch Performing Arts is pleased to expand its network of music partners for the organisation of international visitors' programmes with two more festivals.
- 10 Apr. '19Archa Theatre invites performing arts professionals and students to apply for their summer school, taking place from 23 August - 6 September 2019 in Prague, Czech Republic.
- 8 Apr. '19Be Mobile-Create Together! offers emerging artists and authors the opportunity to reside in well-reputed artist residencies across France, Germany, the Netherlands and Turkey, covering all costs related to travel, transportation and artwork production.
- 25 Mar. '19The Performing Arts Fund NL and DutchCulture invite Dutch (performing) arts professionals for an interactive discussion about artistic freedom of those who work abroad.
- 12 Mar. '19Throughout 2019 Dutch Performing Arts continues to collaborate with renowned Dutch festivals for the organisation of visitors' programmes. Invitations to the visitors' programmes are extended by the organising festivals.
- 12 Mar. '19Throughout 2019 Dutch Performing Arts continues to collaborate with renowned Dutch festivals for the organisation of visitors' programmes aimed at music, dance and (music) theatre presenters.
- 7 Mar. '19LoLanders is the first artistic collaboration of the Going Dutch programme, featuring three musicians from Scotland alongside three from the Netherlands.
- 20 Feb. '19The Festival Academy invites festival makers to apply for the 16th edition of Atelier NEXT, taking place from 13-19 November 2019 in the Eurometropolis region (Belgium/France).
- 12 Feb. '19Mundial Montréal, North America’s World Music Summit, invites artists to submit an application to be considered for a 25-minute showcase spot at their annual conference. The ninth edition takes place from 19-22 November 2019.
- 29 Jan. '19In preparation of their 25th edition, WOMEX invites artists, DJs, producers, filmmakers, conference speakers and visionaries to send in their proposal for a band, artist, conference topic, interactive session idea, network or film.
- 22 Jan. '19RESHAPE wants to (re)imagine new models of organising the arts sector. The organisation invites artists and cultural workers from Europe and the South Mediterranean to submit alternative models of working together or to engage audiences in innovative ways.
- 17 Dec. '18For a touch of summer in winter: tune in for a recap of ZomerJazzFietsTour by Going Dutch.
- load more...