- 27 July
Olympic cultural programme HOBRA, the story so farIt's the final week of HOBRA, the Olympic cultural programme in Rio de Janeiro. On 31 July the results will be presented to the Brazilian and international public during a large-scale concluding event.After their arrival in Rio de Janeiro on July 11 the Dutch HOBRA participants have met their Brazilian partners and presented their work. Up next the group went on a tour through Rio, to get acquainted with the city and each other. On 17 July the official opening of HOBRA took place, in the presence of the Dutch Consul-General in Rio de Janeiro, Arjen Uijterlinde, and the Culture Secretary of the city, Júnior Perim. Despite the pressure to show a finished product on July 31, the HOBRA participants have given public lectures and workshops during their stay.
On Sunday 31 July the concluding event takes place from 1 pm till 7 pm in the Centro Cultural Municipal Laurinda Santos Lobo and the Museum Casa de Benjamin Constant in Rio de Janeiro. All ten Dutch - Brazilian duos will present their final work.
Follow the programme online
Between 11 and 31 July 2016, the Dutch and Brazilian artists and creative professionals, the interim presentations and the final event in Rio de Janeiro can be followed on hobra.art.br, the Facebook page hobra2016 and via the hashtag #HOBRA.
A remarkable initiative
The cultural programme HOBRA is a collaborative effort by the six public culture funds: Performing Arts Fund/Dutch Performing Arts, Cultural Participation Fund, Mondriaan Fund, Netherlands Film Fund, Dutch Foundation for Literature, Creative Industries Fund NL, and DutchCulture, the strategic advice agency for international cultural cooperation, creating activities worldwide. The programme is carried out in partnership with several Brazilian cultural organisations, including the international theatre festival TEMPO. This is the first time that partners from the two countries work together on this scale to create a cultural programme in the context of the Olympic Games.
- 13 JulyThe Dramatic Arts Center of Iran (DAC) organises three international theatre festivals in different genres over the period of 2018-2019. Theatre managers and representatives are invited to submit performances.
- 26 JuneK3 | Tanzplan Hamburg provides three eight-month residencies to emerging choreographers who have produced some choreographic work of their own.
- 11 JuneDance network Aerowaves invites talented emerging choreographers based in Europe to apply for the Aerowaves Twenty.
- 6 JuneThe first Dutch artists have been confirmed for the Reeperbahn Festival, Europe’s biggest club festival.
- 30 MayThis coming summer there are several Dutch performances in the context of Dutch Performing Arts | En France.
- 30 MayDe Doelen and Dutch Performing Arts promoted the classical and contemporary music scene at the Dutch Pavilion during Classical:NEXT 2018 from 16 to 20 May at De Doelen in Rotterdam.
- 30 MayDutch Performing Arts promotes Dutch music, theatre and dance abroad. These animation and infographics provide an overview of our activities in 2017.
- 30 MayAre you a Dutch-based musician, composer or (artistic) director of a Dutch music ensemble and thinking about going to Cinars and/or Mundial Montreal?
- 28 MayThe Netherlands Fellowship Program provides access to ISPA's extensive international network of arts professionals to mid-career leaders from the Netherlands' performing arts community.
- 24 MayThe Music Theatre Committee in International Theatre Institute invites makers of operas of all shapes and sizes, which were professionally produced in the past three years, to submit their works.
- 9 AprilSeoul Street Arts Festival has an Open Call for its OFF programs.
- 4 AprilDutch Performing Arts will continue its organisation of visitors programmes around and with some of the most important Dutch festivals in 2018, to highlight the huge variety of Dutch performers and companies.
- 28 MarchPlatform-Scenography is pleased to announce that the Netherlands will be represented by Julian Hetzel’s performance installation SELF at the Prague Quadrennial 2019.
- 21 MarchThe 2018 Theatre503 Playwriting Award is now open for entries until 31 March 2018. Theatre503 supports debut and emerging writers.
- 19 MarchCINARS offers a unique opportunity to display a work in progress in front of presenters, artists and agents taking part in the CINARS Biennale in Montreal from 12-17 November, 2018.
- 19 MarchThe enrolment for Operation Music Theatre 2018 is open! Would you like to present your newest project to international bookers? This is your chance.
- 5 MarchPerforming artists can now apply to perform at the International Performing Arts for Youth Showcase Festival 2019 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- 13 FebruaryIn collaboration with Dutch Performing Arts, SICK! Festival is offering two commissions of €4,500 for early- to mid-career artists based in the Netherlands.
- 13 FebruaryThe International Society for the Performing Arts (ISPA) is now accepting applications for Pitch New Works, a forum for creators and presenters to promote their new performing arts projects that are in development, or that have recently premiered.
- 1 FebruaryDutch Performing Arts commissioned the Jazz Promotion Network (JPN) to coordinate the focus programme Going Dutch in 2017 and 2018 to support Dutch jazz musicians and/or groups to perform and tour in the United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland.
- load more...