- 14 December
Open call for research programme Die Originale“Die Originale” (The Originals): a circus project from 28 March to 8 April, offers a seven-day-long workshop followed by a public presentation. Ten researchers from different fields – including circus, film, theatre and music – will be joined by an interdisciplinary group of artists to explore the theme of the circle.The project will centre on the contributions of the researchers, together with an open exchange between the participants, an examination of their own artistic practice and reference to contemporary circus that defines itself through its presence, risk-taking and willingness to experiment while basing itself on an interaction of art forms that transcends genre. The project “Die Orignale” offers an open space for creative work – a place of encounters, discourse and investigation - focusing on process-orientated and intuitive approaches. This attitude, avoiding specific expectations while providing considerable scope for originality and innovative formats, is also evident in the title “Die Originale”, with which a certain knowing wink is implied, making fun of what is forever unique.
At the end of the project week the results of the research labs will be presented on 7th and 8th April at the Haus der Berliner Festspiele, performed in the round on the main stage. The workshop presentations will be framed by a programme of contemporary circus performances, lectures and audience discussions.
“Die Originale” offers professional artists from diverse fields - circus artists, musicians, performers, dancers, actors, visual artists - the opportunity to work together with international researchers in seven day-long workshops. Applications are possible as of now!
Researchers: Meret Becker, Suzan Boogaerdt & Bianca van der Schoot, Jean-Michel Guy, Maksim Komaro, Rostislav Novák, Squarehead Productions, Olle Strandberg, Julia Wissert
Visit the website for more info
- 9 AprilSeoul Street Arts Festival has an Open Call for its OFF programs.
- 4 AprilDutch Performing Arts will continue its organisation of visitors programmes around and with some of the most important Dutch festivals in 2018, to highlight the huge variety of Dutch performers and companies.
- 28 MarchPlatform-Scenography is pleased to announce that the Netherlands will be represented by Julian Hetzel’s performance installation SELF at the Prague Quadrennial 2019.
- 21 MarchThe 2018 Theatre503 Playwriting Award is now open for entries until 31 March 2018. Theatre503 supports debut and emerging writers.
- 19 MarchCINARS offers a unique opportunity to display a work in progress in front of presenters, artists and agents taking part in the CINARS Biennale in Montreal from 12-17 November, 2018.
- 19 MarchThe enrolment for Operation Music Theatre 2018 is open! Would you like to present your newest project to international bookers? This is your chance.
- 5 MarchPerforming artists can now apply to perform at the International Performing Arts for Youth Showcase Festival 2019 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- 13 FebruaryIn collaboration with Dutch Performing Arts, SICK! Festival is offering two commissions of €4,500 for early- to mid-career artists based in the Netherlands.
- 13 FebruaryThe International Society for the Performing Arts (ISPA) is now accepting applications for Pitch New Works, a forum for creators and presenters to promote their new performing arts projects that are in development, or that have recently premiered.
- 1 FebruaryDutch Performing Arts commissioned the Jazz Promotion Network (JPN) to coordinate the focus programme Going Dutch in 2017 and 2018 to support Dutch jazz musicians and/or groups to perform and tour in the United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland.
- 1 FebruaryPerforming Arts Market in Seoul (PAMS) has an Open Call for an international showcase programme. PAMS takes place in October 2018.
- 29 JanuaryPACT Zollverein is offering a residency programme for the development and realisation of projects and productions, which is open to professional artists from both Germany and abroad working in the fields of dance, performance and media art.
- 25 JanuarySegni New Generations Festival is looking for theatre companies and artists who wish to participate at their festival. Segni New Generations Festival is based in Manua, Italy, and is an international art event for children and young people.
- 22 JanuaryThe Tbilisi International Voice Competition will be held in Tbilisi from April 30 to May 5 2018. The Competition is open to women between the ages 21 and 30 men between the ages 22 and 32. See below more information on the competition, on members of the jury, and the conditions and application form.
- 28 DecemberAltoFest is looking for artists in the performing arts field for AltoFest 2018. AltoFest is an international festival of performing arts and trans-disciplinary interventions. The next edition will run 4-8 July, 2018 in Naples.
- 21 DecemberThis call is open for Dutch entries, information is in Dutch.Platform-Scenography nodigt scenografen, ontwerpers, kunstenaars, dramaturgen uit om te reageren op de Open Oproep Escaping the Bubble. Het betreft de Nederlandse inzending voor de Praagse Quadriennale in 2019.
- 13 DecemberThe 12th edition of inJazz will take place on June 28 and 29, 2018 in Rotterdam. InJazz is the biggest Dutch jazz network event and presents the talent of tomorrow for an audience of programmers, journalists, managers and record label representatives.
- 6 DecemberIt's getting close to the application deadline of the international competition Danse Elargie. Apply as soon as possible directly on the Danse Elargie website before the 31st December 2017.
- 30 NovemberWe are almost reaching the end of 2017. Let’s have a quick look back at this year full of great opportunities for Dutch performing artists to present themselves at international festivals, conferences and other key events.
- load more...