- 14 Dec. '17
Open call for research programme Die Originale“Die Originale” (The Originals): a circus project from 28 March to 8 April, offers a seven-day-long workshop followed by a public presentation. Ten researchers from different fields – including circus, film, theatre and music – will be joined by an interdisciplinary group of artists to explore the theme of the circle.The project will centre on the contributions of the researchers, together with an open exchange between the participants, an examination of their own artistic practice and reference to contemporary circus that defines itself through its presence, risk-taking and willingness to experiment while basing itself on an interaction of art forms that transcends genre. The project “Die Orignale” offers an open space for creative work – a place of encounters, discourse and investigation - focusing on process-orientated and intuitive approaches. This attitude, avoiding specific expectations while providing considerable scope for originality and innovative formats, is also evident in the title “Die Originale”, with which a certain knowing wink is implied, making fun of what is forever unique.
At the end of the project week the results of the research labs will be presented on 7th and 8th April at the Haus der Berliner Festspiele, performed in the round on the main stage. The workshop presentations will be framed by a programme of contemporary circus performances, lectures and audience discussions.
“Die Originale” offers professional artists from diverse fields - circus artists, musicians, performers, dancers, actors, visual artists - the opportunity to work together with international researchers in seven day-long workshops. Applications are possible as of now!
Researchers: Meret Becker, Suzan Boogaerdt & Bianca van der Schoot, Jean-Michel Guy, Maksim Komaro, Rostislav Novák, Squarehead Productions, Olle Strandberg, Julia Wissert
Visit the website for more info
- 17 Oct. '18Together with Dutch Performing Arts a delegation of five Dutch dance and theatremakers travelled to Seoul in October to visit the Performing Arts Market Seoul (PAMS). They received a contribution from Dutch Performing Arts for their visit, aimed at promoting, researching and/or networking for a Dutch theatre or dance company.
- 15 Oct. '18We’re pleased to announce the four new participants in the Netherlands Fellowship Programme. The programme was developed to support three mid-career performing arts professionals working in the Netherlands and one working in Turkey, Morocco, Russia, or Egypt.
- 15 Oct. '18Amateur theatre group TED Ankara College Alumni Association Theatre Group is looking for a Dutch art consultant to assist in the production of a youth play based on a Dutch tale.
- 18 Sep. '18Dutch Performing Arts and Flanders Arts Institute took the initiative to closely investigate the musical mobility in the Lowlands: What opportunities are there for Belgian artists to perform in the Netherlands and vice versa? And what room or need is there for improvement?
- 22 Aug. '18The call for proposals for Classical:NEXT 2019 is now open.
- 21 Aug. '18In June this year Dutch Performing Arts commissioned a special Dutch World Stage at networking and showcase festival inJazz, in collaboration with World Music Forum NL. Four Dutch acts presented themselves to an audience of Dutch and international music lovers and presenters. How do they look back on their performance? And what does the future hold for them?
- 14 Aug. '18
For residents of Egypt, Morocco, Russia, and Turkey: Apply for ISPA´s Netherlands Fellowship Programme 2019Following our earlier call, ISPA offers an additional place in the Netherlands Fellowship Programme, supported by Dutch Performing Arts. The programme provides access to ISPA's extensive international network of arts professionals to mid-career leaders from the performing arts community. This call is open to residents of Egypt, Morocco, Russia, and Turkey.
- 13 Aug. '18In June this year Dutch Performing Arts commissioned a special Dutch World Stage at networking and showcase festival inJazz, in collaboration with World Music Forum NL. Four Dutch acts presented themselves to an audience of Dutch and international music lovers and presenters. How do they look back on their performance? And what does the future hold for them?
- 9 Aug. '18ASSITEJ Germany invites every ASSITEJ centre to nominate one director from their country to take part in Directors in TYA – An International Exchange.
- 8 Aug. '18Are you a Netherlands-based maker in field of theatre or dance, or (artistic) director/ representative of a Dutch theatre or dance company, and thinking about going to Performing Arts Market in Seoul (PAMS) 2018? Then you could get a contribution for your visit.
- 2 Aug. '18In June this year Dutch Performing Arts commissioned a special Dutch World Stage at networking and showcase festival inJazz, in collaboration with World Music Forum NL. Four Dutch acts presented themselves to an audience of Dutch and international music lovers and presenters. How do they look back on their performance? And what does the future hold for them?
- 31 Jul. '18ASSITEJ Norway and the Sand festival are on a worldwide search for interesting productions for a young audience. They're hosting next year's ASSITEJ Artistic Gathering in Kristiansand, Norway on 2-7 September 2019.
- 27 Jul. '18ASSITEJ invites 15 performing arts professionals (such as artistic directors, presenters and promoters) to K-PAP 2019.
- 20 Jul. '18Dutch Performing Arts commissioned the Jazz Promotion Network (JPN) to coordinate the focus programme Going Dutch in 2017 and 2018 to support Dutch jazz musicians and/or groups to perform and tour in the United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland. Check out our overview of upcoming gigs.
- 13 Jul. '18The Dramatic Arts Center of Iran (DAC) organises three international theatre festivals in different genres over the period of 2018-2019. Theatre managers and representatives are invited to submit performances.
- 26 Jun. '18K3 | Tanzplan Hamburg provides three eight-month residencies to emerging choreographers who have produced some choreographic work of their own.
- 11 Jun. '18Dance network Aerowaves invites talented emerging choreographers based in Europe to apply for the Aerowaves Twenty.
- 6 Jun. '18The first Dutch artists have been confirmed for the Reeperbahn Festival, Europe’s biggest club festival.
- 30 May. '18This coming summer there are several Dutch performances in the context of Dutch Performing Arts | En France.
- 30 May. '18De Doelen and Dutch Performing Arts promoted the classical and contemporary music scene at the Dutch Pavilion during Classical:NEXT 2018 from 16 to 20 May at De Doelen in Rotterdam.
- load more...