- 10 Oct. '19
Open call for Theatertreffen Stückemarkt 2020Stückemarkt is looking for new forms of authorship and innovative theatre languages. Both authors and theatre collectives can apply in this international competition. Theatertreffen will take place from 1-17 May 2020 in Berlin, Germany.Under the heading 'Against Separation', Stückemarkt is looking for works from all parts of the world that explore the concept of solidarity from a perspective of art and aesthetics. What could our drafts for an open, equitable coexistence look like? How could they be expanded into the future?
Various forms of authorship lead to a theatre piece, therefore submissions can include plays and projects – e.g. site-specific projects, theatrical interventions, narrative spaces – as well as performances that are based on documentary material and located on the interface of different artistic disciplines. Stückemarkt is particularly interested in young authors and artists who explore new narrations and perspectives and develop innovative artistic languages.
From the submissions the Stückemarkt jury of renowned international artists will select a total of five texts/ performances. These works will be presented as part of the Berlin Theatertreffen in May 2020 in a format that is fitting for their artistic form.
Commission of work
One of the invited artists or groups will be awarded a commission of work, funded by the Federal Agency for Civic Education (Bundeszentrale für politische Bildung/bpb). The commission entails 10,000 euros for the realisation of a new production at a partner theatre in Germany.
Deadline for applications: 17 November 2019
Jury decision: mid-February 2020
Types of work that are eligible for submission are plays and projects. The submitted work may not be older than 1.5 years at the time of the application.
Visit the Berliner Festspiele website for detailed information about the application process and requirements, and to start your application.
Every year in May Theatertreffen, the most important German theatre festival, convenes theatre makers, journalists and guests from around the globe in Berlin. Since 1978 the Theatertreffen’s Stückemarkt has been has been an integral part of Theatertreffen: a festival to discover unknown playwrights. As the oldest initiative for promoting contemporary playwriting in the German-speaking theatre, it has been successfully engaged in the long-term development of playwrights and is a forum for exchange between international playwrights, theatre-makers, festival curators, publishers and critics. In 2012, Stückemarkt began a process of opening itself to a contemporary concept of authorship and is looking for new forms of authorship and innovative theatre languages today.
- 5 Nov. '19Last month Dutch Performing Arts organised a Dutch focus programme at performing arts fair ChinaSPAF. To pitch their work to an international audience of arts professionals, we were joined by representatives of Club Guy and Roni, ICK, Jakop Ahlbom, Cie Petit, The Ruggeds, and Ann van den Broek - WArd/WaRD.
- 24 Oct. '19IUGTE invites performing artists, academics and educators to attend the annual IUGTE conference. This year marks the international conference's 19th edition, held from 16-20 December 2019 in Steiermark, Austria.
- 14 Oct. '19Twelve Dutch theatre companies for young audiences presented their work at international festival Gavroche last month. With the support of Dutch Performing Arts the festival programmed an unprecendented number of Dutch productions for ages 2 and up.
- 3 Oct. '19Dutch youth culture is internationally renowned and Dutch artists are popular with young audiences worldwide. The strategies they employ may vary depending on the artist and discipline.
- 24 Sep. '19International network for playwrights: The Fence, the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in the United Kingdom, and Dutch Performing Arts are together collaborating on Boom!, a new project that explores the shared heritage of the United Kingdom and the Netherlands, while looking to the future.
- 16 Sep. '19CINARS Biennale welcomes submissions for its official programme. The showcase and networking event's 19th edition takes place from 9-14 November 2020 in Montreal, Canada.
- 13 Sep. '19The Dramatic Arts Center of Iran (DAC) organises two international theatre festivals in different genres over the period of 2019-2020. Theatre managers and representatives are invited to submit performances.
- 5 Sep. '19In a joint effort to promote Dutch-language theatre texts in French-speaking regions, Dutch Performing Arts and Flanders Literature organise a translation workshop for contemporary theatre texts, in collaboration with Maison Antoine Vitez (Centre international de la traduction théâtrale) and La Chartreuse (Centre national des écritures du spectacle).
- 2 Sep. '19Want to participate in the IETM Rijeka Plenary Meeting 2019? Performing arts professionals who register before the early-bird deadline get a reduced participation fee. The Plenary Meeting takes place from 24-27 October 2019 in Rijeka, Croatia.
- 9 Aug. '19TPAM (Performing Arts Meeting in Yokohama) invites performing artists to submit their performance or project for TPAM Fringe in Tokyo or Yokohama, Japan.
- 26 Jul. '19Submissions are now open for Off-IPAY Showcase 2020. IPAY Showcase 2020 takes place from 21-25 January 2020 in Philadelphia, the United States.
- 23 Jul. '19Dutch Performing Arts organises a Dutch focus programme at performing arts fair ChinaSPAF in Shanghai. We're now accepting proposals from Netherlands-based artists who want to pitch their work to an international audience of arts professionals.
- 19 Jul. '19The European Commission launches a pilot project to boost Europe's content industries through innovation, collaboration and new digital technologies. Professionals in the content industry are invited to submit their proposals.
- 4 Jul. '19The Performing Arts Market in Seoul (PAMS) invites performing arts professionals to send in their new project for PAMS Pitching. Selected projects will be presented on 8-10 October 2019 in Seoul, South Korea during PAMS 2019.
- 26 Jun. '19K3 | Tanzplan Hamburg invites choreographers to apply for their residency programme. The programme provides three eight-month residencies to choreographers who are currently at the beginning of their career and have produced some choreographic work of their own.
- 20 Jun. '19Just because summer is just around the corner, doesn't mean we're resting on our laurels. Another interesting selection of international visitors' programmes is coming up, hosted in collaboration with Dutch Performing Arts.
- 17 Jun. '19Pieter Zeeman is to retire from his position as Dutch Performing Arts' programme director at the end of July.
- 6 Jun. '19Dance network Aerowaves invites talented emerging choreographers based in Europe to apply for the Aerowaves Twenty20.
- 30 May. '19The official programme’s call for submissions will open earlier than usual. CINARS Biennale will welcome submissions from September to the end of October 2019.
- load more...