- 24 May
Open Call Music Theatre Now 2018The Music Theatre Committee in International Theatre Institute invites makers of operas of all shapes and sizes, which were professionally produced in the past three years, to submit their works.First productions of new works, which have been staged professionally anywhere in the world since July 2015, are eligible for submission. The jury welcomes submissions that demonstrate dynamism textually, in genre, score, or staging. We welcome works made by opera and theatre institutions, works created by festivals, or works created by individuals: the jury will appreciate a broad range of submissions that demonstrate new developments and dynamism.
Special attention will be given to works, whose musical and theatrical vocabulary originates from outside of the Western European tradition. As a guideline for regions where music theatre or opera are not well defined: we encourage interdisciplinary submissions, where music plays a dominant role.
Prizewinners will be invited to the international meeting of Music Theater NOW in May 2019, which will be held at the Operadagen, an annual international performing arts festival in Rotterdam (The Netherlands). Practitioners and presenters from all over the world will attend the convention. Music Theatre NOW award winners will present their work in short lectures to an invited group of performing arts festival directors and presenters from across the globe – giving the winners a unique opportunity to introduce themselves to important professionals in the field.
Prizewinners will also qualify for an additional prize: invitations to perform at prestigious partner venues across the world. For the upcoming round several festivals have declared their intent to invite winning productions to perform in the near future. Operadagen Rotterdam have committed to stage at least one production during 2019. Additionally festivals such as Prototype Festival (New York), NOA Festival (Vilnius) and Beijing Music Festival have all expressed serious interest in staging productions.
A five-member internationally renowned jury will select a total of 10 prizewinning works that are exemplary in terms of the contemporary developments in music theatre. Jury members are: Krystian Lada (dramaturg / Brussels), Neo Muyanga (composer and musician / Cape Town), Shoshana Polanco (creative producer / Mexico City), Liu Sola (composer, vocalist and author / Beijing) and Limor Tomer (general manager of concerts and lectures Metropolitan Museum of Art / New York).
Music Theatre NOW offers a unique opportunity in this area of the performing arts. Since 2008 more than 1000 world premieres of new opera and music theatre have been entered into this prestigious competition, bringing together practitioners and presenters. Former winners have performed at festivals around the world. Music Theatre NOW has been the launch pad for many successful international careers.
More information, application form and FAQ online:
- 14 August
For residents of Egypt, Morocco, Russia, and Turkey: Apply for ISPA´s Netherlands Fellowship Programme 2019Following our earlier call, ISPA offers an additional place in the Netherlands Fellowship Programme, supported by Dutch Performing Arts. The programme provides access to ISPA's extensive international network of arts professionals to mid-career leaders from the performing arts community. This call is open to residents of Egypt, Morocco, Russia, and Turkey.
- 13 AugustIn June this year Dutch Performing Arts commissioned a special Dutch World Stage at networking and showcase festival inJazz, in collaboration with World Music Forum NL. Four Dutch acts presented themselves to an audience of Dutch and international music lovers and presenters. How do they look back on their performance? And what does the future hold for them?
- 9 AugustASSITEJ Germany invites every ASSITEJ centre to nominate one director from their country to take part in Directors in TYA – An International Exchange.
- 8 AugustAre you a Netherlands-based maker in field of theatre or dance, or (artistic) director/ representative of a Dutch theatre or dance company, and thinking about going to Performing Arts Market in Seoul (PAMS) 2018? Then you could get a contribution for your visit.
- 2 AugustIn June this year Dutch Performing Arts commissioned a special Dutch World Stage at networking and showcase festival inJazz, in collaboration with World Music Forum NL. Four Dutch acts presented themselves to an audience of Dutch and international music lovers and presenters. How do they look back on their performance? And what does the future hold for them?
- 31 JulyASSITEJ Norway and the Sand festival are on a worldwide search for interesting productions for a young audience. They're hosting next year's ASSITEJ Artistic Gathering in Kristiansand, Norway on 2-7 September 2019.
- 27 JulyASSITEJ invites 15 performing arts professionals (such as artistic directors, presenters and promoters) to K-PAP 2019.
- 20 JulyDutch Performing Arts commissioned the Jazz Promotion Network (JPN) to coordinate the focus programme Going Dutch in 2017 and 2018 to support Dutch jazz musicians and/or groups to perform and tour in the United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland. Check out our overview of upcoming gigs.
- 13 JulyThe Dramatic Arts Center of Iran (DAC) organises three international theatre festivals in different genres over the period of 2018-2019. Theatre managers and representatives are invited to submit performances.
- 11 JuneDance network Aerowaves invites talented emerging choreographers based in Europe to apply for the Aerowaves Twenty.
- 6 JuneThe first Dutch artists have been confirmed for the Reeperbahn Festival, Europe’s biggest club festival.
- 30 MayThis coming summer there are several Dutch performances in the context of Dutch Performing Arts | En France.
- 30 MayDe Doelen and Dutch Performing Arts promoted the classical and contemporary music scene at the Dutch Pavilion during Classical:NEXT 2018 from 16 to 20 May at De Doelen in Rotterdam.
- 30 MayDutch Performing Arts promotes Dutch music, theatre and dance abroad. These animation and infographics provide an overview of our activities in 2017.
- 30 MayAre you a Dutch-based musician, composer or (artistic) director of a Dutch music ensemble and thinking about going to Cinars and/or Mundial Montreal?
- 28 MayThe Netherlands Fellowship Program provides access to ISPA's extensive international network of arts professionals to mid-career leaders from the Netherlands' performing arts community.
- 9 AprilSeoul Street Arts Festival has an Open Call for its OFF programs.
- 4 AprilDutch Performing Arts will continue its organisation of visitors programmes around and with some of the most important Dutch festivals in 2018, to highlight the huge variety of Dutch performers and companies.
- 28 MarchPlatform-Scenography is pleased to announce that the Netherlands will be represented by Julian Hetzel’s performance installation SELF at the Prague Quadrennial 2019.
- load more...